Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitted by VH Rising yesterday:

EDIT: Rotharmy retwitted it, dupe post, sorry.

Anyway, I just hope VH will play badassly tomorrow. And won't play Jump...
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 03-27-2015, 03:41 PM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• my buddy got tickets to the kimmel concert
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• In response to my Canadian buddy Big Trouble

How can we FANS sit idly by and watch this once MIGHTY band make fools of themselves
        We've been through so much crap over the last 30 fkn yrs that we want them to do ONE GODDAMN THING right and all we've been seeing from them is Dave acting like a fkn kid, Ed sucking face with his dog Alex being Alex and Wolfie getting fatter by the day
        Just bring MIKEY back, one tour one album and shut the fucking machine down for good
        Until that day happens FUCK DAVE EDDIE AND ALEX
        Last edited by moose; 03-27-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
          my buddy got tickets to the kimmel concert
          he's gonna be on tv tout!
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• one hour set that starts at dusk

Comment

one hour set that starts at dusk

The evening news out west may be pissed of about a live concert preempting at their prime viewership times.

Or will the cali viewers have to wait until Kimmel airs at 10:30pm..?

Cali is fucked jup//lol/
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Originally posted by moose View Post
                In response to my Canadian buddy Big Trouble

How can we FANS sit idly by and watch this once MIGHTY band make fools of themselves
                We've been through so much crap over the last 30 fkn yrs that we want them to do ONE GODDAMN THING right and all we've been seeing from them is Dave acting like a fkn kid, Ed sucking face with his dog Alex being Alex and Wolfie getting fatter by the day
                Just bring MIKEY back, one tour one album and shut the fucking machine down for good
                Until that day happens FUCK DAVE EDDIE AND ALEX
                I know man, it's fucked up. Nobody could touch VH. and Dave? Loved him, LOVED him for everything he's done, except The Australia press embarrassment and the 2012/13 tour. Now this? Like other posters have said "they are going on tour, in support of a live album that was done on the last tour?" they are calling this the greatest hits tour... What the fuck was the last tour? Greatest hits plus 3? I dunno about this Kimmel and Ellen business either. A good press junket would've been a live Stern thing and announce a new record this summer, announce dates for late summer, release a single in the spring... ya know? But now all I can picture Moose, is Dave dancin' with Ellen and on Kimmel, well, fuck, there is a reason why Dave hasn't been on live tv with the VH bros in so many years... damn.. I see train wreck. But if they can pull this off somehow without losing whatever "might" they have left-kudos. But as a fan, I need Mike to come back and I need to hear new material.

Comment

• Biggest bummer is no new material. I'm down with them trying new avenues, like these TV appearances, but the "greatest hits" theme for this tour is a bit of a snow job.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG_Troubles View Post
                    I know man, it's fucked up. Nobody could touch VH. and Dave? Loved him, LOVED him for everything he's done, except The Australia press embarrassment and the 2012/13 tour. Now this? Like other posters have said "they are going on tour, in support of a live album that was done on the last tour?" they are calling this the greatest hits tour... What the fuck was the last tour? Greatest hits plus 3? I dunno about this Kimmel and Ellen business either. A good press junket would've been a live Stern thing and announce a new record this summer, announce dates for late summer, release a single in the spring... ya know? But now all I can picture Moose, is Dave dancin' with Ellen and on Kimmel, well, fuck, there is a reason why Dave hasn't been on live tv with the VH bros in so many years... damn.. I see train wreck. But if they can pull this off somehow without losing whatever "might" they have left-kudos. But as a fan, I need Mike to come back and I need to hear new material.
                    They did have to shorten their last tour due to Ed's medical issues. Likely playing many of the areas they missed last time out...I do see some correlation there.

Guys...they are older but are still killing it compared to their peers in "Rock" That says a lot of things, one of them how good they were.

Of course new material would be great. But then again, maybe if their 'best" fans wouldn't bitch and moan about the last album being rehashes of old demos perhaps the band might be more enthused about providing more. ADKOT was great, but we still found reasons to complain.

People complain here endlessly about the lack of press and promotion...well here they are with multiple appearances on TV...you can question Ellen, but Kimmel is a great idea. They are doing something pretty significant but still the criticism.

Dave shaved his head...how dare he...lol. Just listen to yourselves. Its pathetic
                    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 03-27-2015, 09:47 PM.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Romeo Delight View Post
                      They did have to shorten their last tour due to Ed's medical issues. Likely playing many of the areas they missed last time out...I do see some correlation there.

Guys...they are older but are still killing it compared to their peers in "Rock" That says a lot of things, one of them how good they were.

Of course new material would be great. But then again, maybe if their 'best" fans wouldn't bitch and moan about the last album being rehashes of old demos perhaps the band might be more enthused about providing more. ADKOT was great, but we still found reasons to complain.

People complain here endlessly about the lack of press and promotion...well here they are with multiple appearances on TV...you can question Ellen, but Kimmel is a great idea. They are doing something pretty significant but still the criticism.

Dave shaved his head...how dare he...lol. Just listen to yourselves. Its pathetic
                      I for one never bitched about ADKOT I thought it was a great album and still do.
                      hey I had 'the hair" and now I'm fuckin bald and I give props to Dave for shaving his noggin...
                      BUT come on, touring to support a live album WTF is wrong with these boys?
                      We got our "partial" reunion, we got our album, we got 2 tours so whats it gonna take to get Michael back JC even that fucking guy,SH, who we can't stand agrees with us why can't those 2 retarded brothers stick their fkn tails between their fat asses and open the door for MA
                      Im sure that this tour will do well and it won't be a train wreck and it will pick up steam as it goes on but it won't and will not EPIC

I said it after I watched them in TO back in 2012 that if Mikey isn't back Im not going to see them new material or not and Im sticking to my guns

for those of you who are going enjoy!!

Comment

one hour set that starts at dusk
                        Is the show on the 30th?
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Yes,Yes And Yes.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Crazy reading all the bitching & whining! If it's not about the Live CD it's about the TV appearances, WTH?!

Someone said the once Mighty Van Halen. Well They are still the Mighty Van Halen but now they're in their 60's!! And I think this is the last go around hopefully coinciding with them playing the Super Bowl!

Don't like the CD don't buy it! Don't like the TV appearances don't watch! Don't want to see them on tout don't go plan & simple!

Just stay listening to & watching old boots and keep it moving because saying the same ole same ole is played out!

Comment

• Whatever, dude..

Comment

• Originally posted by Carloscda View Post
                                Crazy reading all the bitching & whining! If it's not about the Live CD it's about the TV appearances, WTH?!

Someone said the once Mighty Van Halen. Well They are still the Mighty Van Halen but now they're in their 60's!! And I think this is the last go around hopefully coinciding with them playing the Super Bowl!

Don't like the CD don't buy it! Don't like the TV appearances don't watch! Don't want to see them on tout don't go plan & simple!

Just stay listening to & watching old boots and keep it moving because saying the same ole same ole is played out!
                                I don't buy that "if you don't like it,don't listen" crap. They are putting out products , and as consumers it is our right to complain if we do not like what is being offered. The live album is not intended to grab any new fans,it is for the fans they have. If we do not like it, why should we just accept it?. Ultimately it is us, the consumers, that afford Ed the luxury of going out and playing with his son or noodling in his studio, Dave to run around Japan getting stupid tattoos, and Alex to marry and divorce for the millionth time.

If you have bought any of their albums or contributed in any way to their financial success, you have every right to complain if you are not satisfied.

If you are happy, Carloscda, then good, I'm happy for you. But to use your logic, if you don't like "all the bitching & whining", don't read.
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...
                                X