Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    His mom should get him a Jenny Craig discount. Friends And Family or some shit.

Seriously, people used to call Mike fat?? Hahahahahahahahahah!!! There's your new bass player boys, enjoy it.
    I don't understand what his weight has to do with his playing ability...although the boy definitely has a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
      When did Jon Favreau join Van Halen?
      Somewhere around 2006. He had this pair of Magic Earbuds and the rest is Rock 'n Roll history. Thank God he's in the band. Because Mikey sucks and couldn't possibly play or sing his parts anywhere near as well. Never mind he sings the songs and plays the songs about 50 times a year. Just ignore that and you'll feel much better about the whole thing.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Angel
        I don't understand what his weight has to do with his playing ability...although the boy definitely has a problem.

Hey - don't try to interject logic into this argument! You do that and the next thing you know Ralph is the lead singer.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Fuck. Forgot where I was.

"Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Mikes voice would be a boost to DLR (nothing new in that sentence) .

Wolf is good at what he does but MA has a better voice one of the best in R&R.

Can't get around that.

I liked what I saw and heard but the horror of the Kimmel show lowers it all down to wtf..
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vh rides again
              In that video when Dave said the word fuck I heard someone on stage telling him "hey there's children here "
              Kinda sounded like Ed .
              I think it was someone standing beside the person with the camera and if they were serious they need to get a grip.

Comment

• FALCO
                Groupie
                • Jun 2004

Hate to say this being a TOTAL Dave or Graver...
                but I have accepted that '07/'08 was the last hurrah for THE Diamond Dave...

Eddie was "On Fire" tonight (cheesy pun intended) and the band was rocking, but DLR continually choosing to do the weird vocal stuff has turned me off ...

Maybe me being a vocalist has me jaded, but I like to hear the songs the way they are supposed to be done... I cannot get past the ridiculous vocal acrobatics that are totally unnecessary as well as the goofy stage vibe... the '07/'08 Rock God Attitude has left the building...

That being said, was very cool seeing VH getting the spotlight...

FALCO
                \m/ \m/
                NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I think it was someone standing beside the person with the camera and if they were serious they need to get a grip.
                  I agree, it was too clear to have been picked up away from a mic and Ed's voice is not that clear anymore even when speaking into a mic lol
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

HAH! Just watched it again and saw A Cabo Wabo sign above Alex's head during RWTD. Hope that makes the Sammy fans happy.

Comment

• Carloscda
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Yea I guess they didn't see that IHeart radio awards lastnight with Rhianna singing B better have my money!

Comment

• tod
                        Roadie
                        • Mar 2004

Stood in line with Giggy all afternoon and they finally played around 7:50pm'ish. It was a LONG wait and people started getting testy with the funny man up front who wanted people to cheer for cameras, etc. At some point, a chant of "Go kill yourself" started. Eventually, Van Halen came out and destroyed it. Dave kicked the mic into his nose and didn't notice right away except for a drip-drip. He ran offstage for a minute while Eddie jammed. They did a re-start and the rest of the show was just completely fantastic. Way way more music than anyone expected. I think it was a really great show.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Did I miss someone posting songs ?
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Definitely more of a 2007 Dave than 2012 vibe-wise...they're killing it.

Lol where is the link to something I can see...fuckers!

Ok found it...the chick in the Audience was so fucking funny...Dave planted that dance teacher he knew there ala "Parachuting" into the US festival...lol pretty kewl maneuver I must admit though.

Dave kept it a lot kewler than his caterwauling last tour....all that was missing was the Jean Jacket off in Unchained....

Lol the PR was pretty good. Good to see them give the fans a little more fun and less "danger" that Dave would screw it up.

Got to give Kudo's on this one. Just don't try to turn it into a dance every city.

Well Done:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/60565958 The first look of
                            course.

Oh and fucking the "fake" lights recreating the circle of Fire above them....nice sweet touch. All we need was an Alex Gong fire to send us off. Good Job Guys.
                            Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-31-2015, 05:07 AM. Reason: Eddie's breakdown from "Unchained" into "Ain't Talking about Love" made me break out an old '80's phrase" Tasty.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Momshell
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

So glad the dancer was a plant...thinking it was for real made me too jealous
                              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

HD of Panama.....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...