Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Actually, that is a Never was cannabis timepiece. Tells white people - and only white people- it's time for another 'Cannabis Conference.'

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Looking like RWTD will be one of the songs on Kimmel.....

Rehearsal for #Kimmel on Monday! #VanHalen https://t.co/pNOzPqoASH— Wolf Van Halen (@WolfVanHalen) March 28, 2015
      Well I'll be a sunuva... that GD dance mat is there.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That's the Definitive Live Dance Mat™ right there...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carloscda
          For those trashing the CD do you have it personally or just going by the YT clips? Because from the reviews on VHND, Amazon etc people are giving it thumbs up!
          Dude....the "thumbs up" crowd are likely casual fans who don't have a clue about what's going on, or online shopping addicts who "like" everything without any sort of critical evaluation. Or it's the record label folks cooking the books....unless you're one of those who believes that all of the reviews you read online are genuine.

This isn't Smucker's grape jelly....it doesn't HAVE to be good just because of the name on the label. (I give you, by way of example, Van Halen III).

I think that the negativity is not really about Dave's singing, or Dave-bashing per se.

What you're witnessing is contempt for a band that has the audacity to go out on tour and charge premium ticket prices in support of a "greatest hits" live album. They are literally performing live to support recordings of live performances from 2 years ago. Nothing new, and still no Mike Anthony.

Do you not see the inherent problem with that? It is a consumer ass-raping of the highest order.

If I want to hear the same concert I just heard three years ago, I'll just listen to the CD or better yet, watch the endless YouTube videos for free. But I won't spend $200 to be like Bill Murray in fucking "Groundhog's Day."

Granted, I'm speaking from the spoiled American perspective. I can see how our friends in Europe would be excited about another tour because it would be another (probably unfulfilled) opportunity to see the band live in-person.

But here in the states this concept should go over like a fart in church, and any true CVH fan should be incredibly offended by this steaming pile of marketing bullshit.
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            That's the Definitive Live Dance Mat™ right there...
            Yet further evidence that this is a complete duplication of three years ago.

Once the Britney Spears headset microphone comes back, the circle will be complete.

Fucking assholes.
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

cheers , I had blissfully forgot about the fuckin headset
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                cheers , I had blissfully forgot about the fuckin headset
                That's a natural reaction for the human mind when it comes to traumatic occurrences. For some reason I retain those types of things.

While we're strolling down memory lane, do you recall the runway that used to stretch out into the crowd? I think that lasted about 6 shows before it too mysteriously disappeared.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                  What you're witnessing is contempt for a band that has the audacity to go out on tour and charge premium ticket prices in support of a "greatest hits" live album. They are literally performing live to support recordings of live performances from 2 years ago. Nothing new, and still no Mike Anthony.

Do you not see the inherent problem with that? It is a consumer ass-raping of the highest order.

If I want to hear the same concert I just heard three years ago, I'll just listen to the CD or better yet, watch the endless YouTube videos for free. But I won't spend $200 to be like Bill Murray in fucking "Groundhog's Day."

Granted, I'm speaking from the spoiled American perspective. I can see how our friends in Europe would be excited about another tour because it would be another (probably unfulfilled) opportunity to see the band live in-person.

But here in the states this concept should go over like a fart in church, and any true CVH fan should be incredibly offended by this steaming pile of marketing bullshit.
                  I agree with that sentiment Dutch, but I'm thinking this tour will not do poorly. It's a difficult thing to put on a scale, but I do think the casuals who'll take their VH any way it's offered strongly out number the rabid nut-job fans like us. I'm also taking into cuntsideration the fact that, while it's greatly preferred, it is not imperative that a tour be in support of something. To my knowledge, Cheap Trick have not yet stopped touring since the release of their last CD "The Latest" in 2009. People are still showing up to hear Surrender.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Despite the supposed pending apocalypse, I think I'll tune in anyway....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      I agree with that sentiment Dutch, but I'm thinking this tour will not do poorly. It's a difficult thing to put on a scale, but I do think the casuals who'll take their VH any way it's offered strongly out number the rabid nut-job fans like us. I'm also taking into cuntsideration the fact that, while it's greatly preferred, it is not imperative that a tour be in support of something. To my knowledge, Cheap Trick have not yet stopped touring since the release of their last CD "The Latest" in 2009. People are still showing up to hear Surrender.
                      Good stuff Bridge. I'm not saying that the tour will do poorly. In fact, I think it will do very well...especially with the TV exposure they're about to get. And I also agree that it's not imperative that a tour actually "support" something. But then Wolf should've chosen his words better, and not stated that he was bypassing Tremonti's tour to keep his commitment to Van Halen as they tour "in support of their Live at Tokyo Dome" release.

Once I read that comment, my mind shut down on this whole thing.

I guess the bottom line to what I'm saying is this...

"Sheep. It ain't just for Hagar fans anymore."

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

That made me laugh
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I hope Dave is at home right now immersing himself in Liza Minnelli movies and old Fred Astaire Dance Studio videos...
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Momshell
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

I don't consider myself to be a casual fan. Most of those ppl think I'm pretty nuts. I would absolutely prefer a new setlist, new music, Michael..etc. but I'm not gonna hold my breath on any of the above. I'm totally psyched to see my boys on TV. And even more psyched to see them live in front of my naked steaming eyes. As many times as I can. There's nothing I enjoy more than a VH show. (Well..maybe it's my 2nd favorite thing in the world)...it's pure happy and pure fun. I'm gonna soak it all in while it's available.
                            Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Momshell
                              I don't consider myself to be a casual fan. Most of those ppl think I'm pretty nuts. I would absolutely prefer a new setlist, new music, Michael..etc. but I'm not gonna hold my breath on any of the above. I'm totally psyched to see my boys on TV. And even more psyched to see them live in front of my naked steaming eyes. As many times as I can. There's nothing I enjoy more than a VH show. (Well..maybe it's my 2nd favorite thing in the world)...it's pure happy and pure fun. I'm gonna soak it all in while it's available.

Amen sister....

The timing of all this conflicts with my schedule, though... I've got to fly to the West Coast early Tuesday morning, so it's Kimmel tonight, grab the live album on iTunes either tonight or early tomorrow, throw it on my Google Play Music app and hopefully listen while I fly out....

Plus the other Kimmel and Ellen appearances, oh well, that's what DVR's are for....

Not like the clips aren't gonna be on here like an hour after it's on anyway....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I'll be there to VA...no doubt. (Well, on my DVR anyway)

It's always fun to watch something with the potential for a disastrous outcome. But I hope they burn the block down!

Never before have I wanted to have my cynicism smashed back into my face as much as right now.

Comment

Working...