Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Twitted by VH Rising yesterday:

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...60&oe=551644D8

EDIT: Rotharmy retwitted it, dupe post, sorry.

Anyway, I just hope VH will play badassly tomorrow. And won't play Jump...
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 03-27-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

my buddy got tickets to the kimmel concert
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 07:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

In response to my Canadian buddy Big Trouble

How can we FANS sit idly by and watch this once MIGHTY band make fools of themselves
    We've been through so much crap over the last 30 fkn yrs that we want them to do ONE GODDAMN THING right and all we've been seeing from them is Dave acting like a fkn kid, Ed sucking face with his dog Alex being Alex and Wolfie getting fatter by the day
    Just bring MIKEY back, one tour one album and shut the fucking machine down for good
    Until that day happens FUCK DAVE EDDIE AND ALEX
    Last edited by moose; 03-27-2015 at 03:48 PM.

4. Thanked moose for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (03-27-2015)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    my buddy got tickets to the kimmel concert
    he's gonna be on tv tout!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

one hour set that starts at dusk

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The evening news out west may be pissed of about a live concert preempting at their prime viewership times.

Or will the cali viewers have to wait until Kimmel airs at 10:30pm..?

Cali is fucked jup//lol/

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2019 @ 08:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    In response to my Canadian buddy Big Trouble

How can we FANS sit idly by and watch this once MIGHTY band make fools of themselves
    We've been through so much crap over the last 30 fkn yrs that we want them to do ONE GODDAMN THING right and all we've been seeing from them is Dave acting like a fkn kid, Ed sucking face with his dog Alex being Alex and Wolfie getting fatter by the day
    Just bring MIKEY back, one tour one album and shut the fucking machine down for good
    Until that day happens FUCK DAVE EDDIE AND ALEX
    I know man, it's fucked up. Nobody could touch VH. and Dave? Loved him, LOVED him for everything he's done, except The Australia press embarrassment and the 2012/13 tour. Now this? Like other posters have said "they are going on tour, in support of a live album that was done on the last tour?" they are calling this the greatest hits tour... What the fuck was the last tour? Greatest hits plus 3? I dunno about this Kimmel and Ellen business either. A good press junket would've been a live Stern thing and announce a new record this summer, announce dates for late summer, release a single in the spring... ya know? But now all I can picture Moose, is Dave dancin' with Ellen and on Kimmel, well, fuck, there is a reason why Dave hasn't been on live tv with the VH bros in so many years... damn.. I see train wreck. But if they can pull this off somehow without losing whatever "might" they have left-kudos. But as a fan, I need Mike to come back and I need to hear new material.

9. Thanked BiG_Troubles for this KICKASS post:

moose (03-27-2015)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

Biggest bummer is no new material. I'm down with them trying new avenues, like these TV appearances, but the "greatest hits" theme for this tour is a bit of a snow job.

11. Thanked DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

moose (03-27-2015)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BiG_Troubles View Post
    I know man, it's fucked up. Nobody could touch VH. and Dave? Loved him, LOVED him for everything he's done, except The Australia press embarrassment and the 2012/13 tour. Now this? Like other posters have said "they are going on tour, in support of a live album that was done on the last tour?" they are calling this the greatest hits tour... What the fuck was the last tour? Greatest hits plus 3? I dunno about this Kimmel and Ellen business either. A good press junket would've been a live Stern thing and announce a new record this summer, announce dates for late summer, release a single in the spring... ya know? But now all I can picture Moose, is Dave dancin' with Ellen and on Kimmel, well, fuck, there is a reason why Dave hasn't been on live tv with the VH bros in so many years... damn.. I see train wreck. But if they can pull this off somehow without losing whatever "might" they have left-kudos. But as a fan, I need Mike to come back and I need to hear new material.
    They did have to shorten their last tour due to Ed's medical issues. Likely playing many of the areas they missed last time out...I do see some correlation there.

Guys...they are older but are still killing it compared to their peers in "Rock" That says a lot of things, one of them how good they were.

Of course new material would be great. But then again, maybe if their 'best" fans wouldn't bitch and moan about the last album being rehashes of old demos perhaps the band might be more enthused about providing more. ADKOT was great, but we still found reasons to complain.

People complain here endlessly about the lack of press and promotion...well here they are with multiple appearances on TV...you can question Ellen, but Kimmel is a great idea. They are doing something pretty significant but still the criticism.

Dave shaved his head...how dare he...lol. Just listen to yourselves. Its pathetic
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 03-27-2015 at 09:47 PM.

13. 2 users say thank you to Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

BumBahDeeDah (03-30-2015),Jetstream (03-28-2015)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    They did have to shorten their last tour due to Ed's medical issues. Likely playing many of the areas they missed last time out...I do see some correlation there.

Guys...they are older but are still killing it compared to their peers in "Rock" That says a lot of things, one of them how good they were.

Of course new material would be great. But then again, maybe if their 'best" fans wouldn't bitch and moan about the last album being rehashes of old demos perhaps the band might be more enthused about providing more. ADKOT was great, but we still found reasons to complain.

People complain here endlessly about the lack of press and promotion...well here they are with multiple appearances on TV...you can question Ellen, but Kimmel is a great idea. They are doing something pretty significant but still the criticism.

Dave shaved his head...how dare he...lol. Just listen to yourselves. Its pathetic
    I for one never bitched about ADKOT I thought it was a great album and still do.
    hey I had 'the hair" and now I'm fuckin bald and I give props to Dave for shaving his noggin...
    BUT come on, touring to support a live album WTF is wrong with these boys?
    We got our "partial" reunion, we got our album, we got 2 tours so whats it gonna take to get Michael back JC even that fucking guy,SH, who we can't stand agrees with us why can't those 2 retarded brothers stick their fkn tails between their fat asses and open the door for MA
    Im sure that this tour will do well and it won't be a train wreck and it will pick up steam as it goes on but it won't and will not EPIC

I said it after I watched them in TO back in 2012 that if Mikey isn't back Im not going to see them new material or not and Im sticking to my guns

for those of you who are going enjoy!!

15. Thanked moose for this KICKASS post:

BiG_Troubles (03-28-2015)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Is the show on the 30th?

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yes,Yes And Yes.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 01:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Crazy reading all the bitching & whining! If it's not about the Live CD it's about the TV appearances, WTH?!

Someone said the once Mighty Van Halen. Well They are still the Mighty Van Halen but now they're in their 60's!! And I think this is the last go around hopefully coinciding with them playing the Super Bowl!

Don't like the CD don't buy it! Don't like the TV appearances don't watch! Don't want to see them on tout don't go plan & simple!

Just stay listening to & watching old boots and keep it moving because saying the same ole same ole is played out!

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Whatever, dude..

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carloscda View Post
    Crazy reading all the bitching & whining! If it's not about the Live CD it's about the TV appearances, WTH?!

Someone said the once Mighty Van Halen. Well They are still the Mighty Van Halen but now they're in their 60's!! And I think this is the last go around hopefully coinciding with them playing the Super Bowl!

Don't like the CD don't buy it! Don't like the TV appearances don't watch! Don't want to see them on tout don't go plan & simple!

Just stay listening to & watching old boots and keep it moving because saying the same ole same ole is played out!
    I don't buy that "if you don't like it,don't listen" crap. They are putting out products , and as consumers it is our right to complain if we do not like what is being offered. The live album is not intended to grab any new fans,it is for the fans they have. If we do not like it, why should we just accept it?. Ultimately it is us, the consumers, that afford Ed the luxury of going out and playing with his son or noodling in his studio, Dave to run around Japan getting stupid tattoos, and Alex to marry and divorce for the millionth time.

If you have bought any of their albums or contributed in any way to their financial success, you have every right to complain if you are not satisfied.

If you are happy, Carloscda, then good, I'm happy for you. But to use your logic, if you don't like "all the bitching & whining", don't read.

21. 6 users say thank you to Dave's Bitch for this KICKASS post:

BiG_Troubles (03-28-2015),DavidLeeNatra (03-28-2015),DLR Bridge (03-28-2015),DONNIEP (03-28-2015),moose (03-28-2015),Nickdfresh (03-28-2015)

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    If you are happy, Carloscda, then good, I'm happy for you. But to use your logic, if you don't like "all the bitching & whining", don't read.
    Nice.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

I can only make one "thanks" show up under your post DB, so here's another. Ya nailed it.

24. Thanked DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (03-28-2015)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

i reserve the right to moan about the moaning , if said moaners are moaning about me moaning about their moaning well thats just them moaning.

26. 2 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (03-28-2015),PETE'S BROTHER (03-30-2015)

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post

i happen to be bald and actually think Dave looks great now. The last time I seen dave was with the Foo Fighters, and I actually thought it was pretty damn good. Im not a hater at all. ADKOT was weak. sorry, but it was. It was a good album, but not by VH standards really. The promotion they are doing is a good idea, just not Ellen. The live stint on Kimmel smells of disaster, but I will def be watching. Just the simple fact that we fans have waited 30 yrs, to have a less than stellar album, a weak tour that was cut short once, then twice, now a greatest hits tour to support a live album? C'mon man, nobody is criticizing for the fuck of it. these are real issues.

Id rather see Dave solo and Ed just do whatever he's doing with his kid. Sometimes leaving the past in the past works just fine.

and yeah, they are pretty good next to their peers, but really what is THAT saying? Are they good next to Sabbath on tour? How about the last Rolling Stones tour? Are they just as tight as U2 was on their last tour? Hell, even Rush was kick ass on their last tour. Maybe VH set the bar pretty fkn high and fans got a taste of what they could do; we've come to expect the best. Sorry but this isn't the best. Its not really even all that good. Ive worn out ADKOT- but the six pack, I could play for another 30 yrs.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

God I hope they at least changed up the fuckn set list. Begins with Unchained, ends with ATBL and the encore is Jump. Any bets?

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-21-2015 @ 04:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Are they just as tight as U2 was on their last tour?
    I fell asleep at the last U2 show here.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

God I hope they at least changed up the fuckn set list. Begins with Unchained, ends with ATBL and the encore is Jump. Any bets?

I think you're probably going to be right with those, unfortunately in the case of Jump....

But I also think that Wolf has done a good job of digging up the Original Six™ songs that hadn't been heard in over 30 years...

So I believe we'll see the setlist mixed up a little bit more....

Sure you're gonna hear the staples....

But I think they'll probably try to substitute a couple different songs from ADKOT, and 2 or 3 different oldies....

I really think we're gonna hear LUTS this time around, and hopefully DOA and DDL....

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hopefully not Tattoo.

32. 2 users say thank you to guwapo_rocker for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-28-2015),moose (03-28-2015)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    i reserve the right to moan about the moaning , if said moaners are moaning about me moaning about their moaning well thats just them moaning.
    Didn't realize you were a Blues fan... So you can hear the willows weep and moan..?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 01:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks

if you don't like "all the bitching & whining", don't read.
    See that's just it... it's had to miss all ya'll bitching & whining because that's all ya'll do and have done since 2012. And it's the same ole ish different day!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carloscda View Post
    See that's just it... it's had to miss all ya'll bitching & whining because that's all ya'll do and have done since 2012. And it's the same ole ish different day!
    Most of us want some new material, not an unreasonable request considering Eddie is supposedly sitting on a crap load of it.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Edwad has nothing...

If he did, we'd have it...

The well is dry...

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I said supposedly. I don't buy the story either or we wouldn't be getting this horseshit release.

38. Thanked TFM_Dale for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-28-2015)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I hear ya...

It's just that so many people still believe Edwad's crap...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    No WAY will I purchase this live atrocity...

I'd be embarrassed to share it with anyone...

And I've been sharing Van Halen with people since I was THIRTEEN YEARS OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!

41. 6 users say thank you to ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (03-29-2015),DavidLeeNatra (03-28-2015),guwapo_rocker (03-28-2015),TFM_Dale (03-28-2015),VAiN (03-28-2015),Von Halen (03-28-2015)

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I owe my brother for my Van Halen exposure, I still fondly remember going through records and cassettes of his soaking it all in. For all the fluffy, cheesy crap they had in the 80s they also had some of the greatest rock bands in their prime during the decade, Van Halen being one of the best until spammy happened.

43. 2 users say thank you to TFM_Dale for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-28-2015),Von Halen (03-28-2015)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't even hate the Sammy stuff...

But I've lived it dude...

From promoting it to emulating it playing in bands...

All my life...

To HECK with the pretenders...

I really hope Dave is on his game on these upcoming live performances on TV...

That way he can walk away the hero...

45. 3 users say thank you to ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

relliot (03-28-2015),TFM_Dale (03-28-2015),VAiN (03-28-2015)

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I really hope Dave is on his game on these upcoming live performances on TV...

That way he can walk away the hero...
    Or prove the haters right.

Don't play DTNA!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guwapo_rocker View Post
    I fell asleep at the last U2 show here.

You fall asleep everywhere!!!
    :-)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guwapo_rocker View Post
    Or prove the haters right.

Don't play DTNA!!
    Keep,dreaming Bro you know damn well they will play this tune

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I hear ya...

It's just that so many people still believe Edwad's crap...
    edward and alex simply recorded everything while playing together...then they put the tapes in the "vault"...big thing...

makes a shitload of noodling around. or just a load of shit...

50. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-28-2015)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I doubt they even have that...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

they have...but have you ever had an idea while you were hammered? you think you have the biggest thing on earth and when you listen to it again the next day...well...you might see it from some different perspective. that will sort out 95% of the stuff in the vault...

53. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (03-28-2015)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Exactly...

I record myself all the time...

It's embarrassing to hear myself trying to play after a bit too much wine...

It's like a Sesh post...

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you have bought any of their albums or contributed in any way to their financial success, you have every right to complain if you are not satisfied.

I paid for Dave's apartment in Japan.

He gave me Tattoo in return.

Not happy.

Da Pooh Da Pooh

Thread Information