Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Look, I love Harrison Ford and Han and Indy and all that shit. But I love the way the media is spinning this into what a great guy he is and pinning a medal on him for crashing into a field rather than the local Taco Bell. Like no shit! You think that wasn't a bit better for him though?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah some of the reporting seems to dumb although that's not his fault.

Rich old guy fucking around with old plane for a laugh and it fails so he crashes it isn't that good a narrative. Shitty news needs hero or villain so they are going for hero.

Personally I think if people are going to crash planes it's difficult to think of a better place than golf courses...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Yeah some of the reporting seems to dumb...
        I see what you mean...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
          Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by lesfunk
          It's a fixed gear aircraft you dipshit. That thing doesn't have "hydraulics" you fucking moron.
          Or maybe you're just kidding...
          Moron, should have looked up the plane first.

However, I was coming from the idea of how he would explain the crash at his DWI excuse me, FWI hearing.

I wonder if the cops at the scene made him submit to a breathalyzer before they provided him with emergency medical care....you know like they do everyone else in the world involved in a fender bender...lol.
          2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
          clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Harrison Ford is a badass

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Those are the movies I was talking about! I've always meant to watch them, I've just never gotten around to it. One of these days...
              Just don't bother with the last one, the Crystal Skull one, it will ruin the greatness of the first three as sure as a "Van Halen" live album...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                Must have been a hydraulic issue perhaps the steering and such was hydraulically actuated instead of cables maybe partial cables controlled by hydraulics just don't know.

So, hydraulic failure and non separate systems for the steering and landing gear may explain why the landing gear is still up,He may have lost lets say 60% of his ability to control elevation and pitch and stuff and ditched after take off something snapped after take off and he was just able to get it down and level but landing gear completely failed.

Can't believe there isn't any cell phone vid by now.?
                Thanks Thome, how's that gig at the NTSB going?

Comment

Working...