X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Toto XIV

Hey, I know.. Lots of people don't care about Toto. But they're back with a goddamn piece of art.
    Probably my favorite one since The Seventh One (1988)

Coming out March 20th.

Enjoy:

• Droomer5150
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

New album is kicking ass so far! People don't give Toto the credit they deserve! Epic chorus! If anyone has any doubts about them now, they need to check out the Live in Poland Blu-ray. Live masterpiece. LOL now that's a live album!
    Last edited by Droomer5150; 03-06-2015, 05:38 AM.
    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

I have the new album in its entirety, and I can tell you it kicks MAJOR ass from beginning to end (apart from the song Orphan, in my opinion, the weakest track on the album). Reminds me of Steely Dan (Hi Donnie!!) on some songs. Oh, and their drummer is Keith Carlock who also plays in SD!

Live In Poland is good.. Personally, I like Falling In Between Live In Paris better (Drag Him To The Roof, masterpiece), but I acknowledge that the 2013 setlist was grate. It was a treat to hear It's A Feeling after all these years.

I could go on about Toto for hours.. Been a fan since.. well.. Long time ago!

Comment

• Droomer5150
        Roadie
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by philouze
        I have the new album in its entirety, and I can tell you it kicks MAJOR ass from beginning to end (apart from the song Orphan, in my opinion, the weakest track on the album). Reminds me of Steely Dan (Hi Donnie!!) on some songs. Oh, and their drummer is Keith Carlock who also plays in SD!

Live In Poland is good.. Personally, I like Falling In Between Live In Paris better (Drag Him To The Roof, masterpiece), but I acknowledge that the 2013 setlist was grate. It was a treat to hear It's A Feeling after all these years.

I could go on about Toto for hours.. Been a fan since.. well.. Long time ago!
        Yeah Falling in Between is GREAT. I only say LIP for others, because I feel like FIB is a target for haters to bitch about the pitch correction use, but those two concerts are freaking KILLER. So keen to hear the full thing! It struck hard hearing Simon had left, but Keith is doing a pretty kickass job from what I've heard so far. Toto, Van Halen and Rush and I'm set!
        SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Keith is kicking ass with Steely Dan. He's been with them for years (he replaced guys like Ricky Lawson -RIP- and Dennis Chambers).
          Toto's going on tour with Shannon Forrest, as Keith is on tour with the Dan. Dave Hungate on bass..
          Dude, if they play Chinatown, Burn and Great Expectations (from the new album) on this tour, I think it's gonna be a KILLER.

Also, I have heard that XIV is their Final album.

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Is that a Japanese bathtub ??

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

Steve Lukather is one hell of a guitarist just in the wrong band with Weird Al Yankovic on vocals

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Yes, all hail the mediocre white suburban corporate rock that is Toto.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

What's wrong with being white ??

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I've never really listened to Toto. If you had to recommend one album as 'essential', which would it be?
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I'd say the first one or two...

But I haven't heard much of the rest...

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          Is that a Japanese bathtub ??
                          I think its a Japanese drinking fountain . ...or a ballwash
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nigel
                            Roadie
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            I've never really listened to Toto. If you had to recommend one album as 'essential', which would it be?
                            That's a tough question as TOTO plays jazz, pop, rock, prog rock, ballads, R& B etc.
                            Their "old' catalogue sounds dated, but LIVE in Poland is a great start, also Mindfields is a brilliant album. I'm waiting for XIV at the end of March and it will be that over VH Live in Japan I'm afraid.

Check out the song "Wings of Time" from (Live in Poland) on youtube, and see if Mr.Lukather doesn't just impress the hell out of you.

TOTO is fucking fabulous and no wonder Eddie is a friend AND fan of Steve's. . .

Cheers

Nigel

Comment

• Nigel
                              Roadie
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by philouze
                              I have the new album in its entirety, and I can tell you it kicks MAJOR ass from beginning to end (apart from the song Orphan, in my opinion, the weakest track on the album)I could go on about Toto for hours..
                              So could I. Curious as to how you have it in it's entirety when it isn't out for another few weeks yet. (lol)

I LOVE the song "Running Out Of Time" and "Holy War", but have yet to hear the rest other than Burn and Orphan.

Does Steve actually play better lead solos than I've heard so far? Love their sound as a band, but Steve's riffing makes the song
                              (like Falling In Between-the song). I want "Wings of Time"-type solos that just drop your jaw. . . .

Comment

Working...