Rolling Stones 2015 American tour: Sticky Fingers in it's entirety?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Haven't gotten my ticket for the Columbus show yet. There are plenty available in the first three or four sections on either side of the field, and I am waiting for a fire sale. If a $395 ticket is going to drop under $200 I will be all over it.

And today I see that Kid Rock is opening.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2010

I'm going . Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City Saturday Night , June 27th. Can't wait !

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        And today I see that Kid Rock is opening.
        Right up your white trash alley.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

I'd be curious about a new Stones studio album, but not at all about another live album from a recent performance.

Re-releases of old stuff like they've been delivering for a few years is exactly what I'm expeting from them. Different takes of "Can't you hear me knockin" or "Bitch" from the early 70s will always be incomparatively better than anything from today.

What if Van Halen did the same? Would anybody complain about re-releases of WaCF and Fair Warning, with a couple of outtakes and different versions?

One can always blame the Stones for wanting to cash in, but at least, unless Mick Jagger mocks the fans by re-recording his vocals on original versions, they give their fans what they want.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Right up your white trash alley.
            No, that means I can stay in the bar longer!

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            I'd be curious about a new Stones studio album
            I'm all for a new studio album as long as they get someone other than Don Was to produce it.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

I'm all for a new studio album as long as they get someone other than Don Was to produce it.
              Should I send Jimmy Miller back up there?
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Setlist

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Great show in Columbus last night! Easily as good as the show I saw in Toronto two years ago, and miles better than Detroit '05.

Second show of the tour, relatively tight but they messed up a couple endings. One song, Jagger clearly said "what the fuck?" when the band played a few more bars. Noob friendly set list, no big surprises. Standard stadium show stage with no real theme. They re-used a lot of the video and graphics from the '12 tour but had a different opening montage that was pretty cool. Got four of the big hits done early, Doom and Gloom fifth and then two from Sticky Fingers, Bitch and Wild Horses. Fan pick was Paint It black and they did a bit of Hang On Sloopy before it for the football turds in attendance. Keef did Before They Make Me Run and Happy. Six more of the big hits followed. Stage has a long ramp out into the middle of the floor, Jagger went out quite a bit and Keith and Woody joined him during Miss You, then Lisa Fischer went out there for Gimme Shelter. Show went almost to 11:45, I thought we might get shorted due to the opening act. There was a threat of rain the whole day, looks like it rained during soundcheck while we were up the street at the bar but the rain held out until about an hour after the show. An hour that we sat in traffic a block from the parking garage...

Kid Rock was merely okay. Big band, and I'm not counting the guy on the turntables. Thought Kid was trying to sell me a Chevy at the end but it was just Born Free.

Didn't buy my tickets until Thursday. It was a slow seller and I had had my eye on lower level seats for $395 but I was waiting for them to come down to under $200. Many sections saw prices flexed down over the last few weeks. TM pulled the "choose your seat" option on Wednesday and then they brought back the Lucky Dips for $40 each, sold in pairs. I bought those instead. Got into Cbus around 4, hit the Lucky Dip table and was pleased (elated, relieved, etc) that my $40 got me a $250 club seat. Ohio Stadium has bleacher-style seating all the way around, except in the club section where they are regular stadium seats with backs and cupholders, and quick access to the club area. I think I paid $35 the first time I saw the Stones in '89, $40 26 years later isn't too bad I guess.

And I forgot...we're going to the club to get some drinks, and the first person I see out of the stairway is Chuck Leavell. He must have been at a meet and greet up on that level.

With all the State Highway Patrol in the building I felt like I was watching the Blues Brothers at the Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Maybe in three years we'll get a 40th anniversary re-issue of Some Girls with accompanying tour...

Comment

Working...