Rolling Stones 2015 American tour: Sticky Fingers in it's entirety?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Rolling Stones 2015 American tour: Sticky Fingers in it's entirety?

Long story short...supposedly a 14 date tour. Kicking off in San Diego, rumored stops at Red Rocks, Indianapolis Speedway, Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Buffalo. AND all of Sticky Fingers.

Billboards have been seen with the hashtag Satisfaction Thursday, announcement due the 19th?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I would hope that Mick Taylor is on board for real, if they're going to play that entire album. And does this mean an expanded "Sticky Fingers" remaster with bonus disc of vault material (just like their recent Exile & Some Girls remasters) is imminent?

Like maybe the original Muscle Schoals recording of Brown Sugar, for instance?

They could throw the Clapton version in too, for that matter.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sister Morphine and Moonlight Mile in one show? Oof.

Haven't heard about a remaster, but April would be the 44th anniversary of Sticky Fingers.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And let's not forget, this would be the first Stones tour since '89 without Bobby Keys. Wonder who they got to fill that spot.

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
          I would hope that Mick Taylor is on board for real, if they're going to play that entire album. And does this mean an expanded "Sticky Fingers" remaster with bonus disc of vault material (just like their recent Exile & Some Girls remasters) is imminent?

Like maybe the original Muscle Schoals recording of Brown Sugar, for instance?

They could throw the Clapton version in too, for that matter.
          I love this version - Jagger is fucking brilliant. I think he is the only one who is live, though. Back in those days the show Top of the Pops (which this is from) used to make bands 're-record' their hits in the BBC studios - musician's union rules or something. I think a lot of the bands just used to hand in a slightly pared down / tweaked version of the master and act like they had re-recorded it.

Mick is certainly live, though ...

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            rumored stops at Red Rocks...
            That'll will only remain a rumor. Red Rocks is small @17,000. While the sound there is absofuckinlutely incredible I cannot see the Stones playing there unless...There is some sort of ticket lottery. I'm not sure if they have ever played 'I Got The Blues' or 'You Gotta Move' live (even if they did, I'm sure those tunes were short-lived).

I rather hear some god damned new material rather than fan fleecing rehash shit (See: Rush) of a list/favorite album horseshit that so many bands are doing these days. If they do play at Red Rocks, then film the bitch so I can pretend I was there. You reading this, Keith, you lemon growing bastard?

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Today I read that there might be two shows where SF is played, and those would be filmed. Who knows. Remaster/box possibly in the fall.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I can remember a bunch of us driving to Phoenix to see the Stones in 1981 to have the chance to see them live because they were looking old and probably weren't going to be around much longer. Who would think they would still be touring in 2015. I don't think any of The Stones need the money they are probably going on the road because they like doing it.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-14-2015, 06:49 PM.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Bitch and Can't You Hear Me Knockin' may be the two best rock and roll songs ever recorded. They are both perfect.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• Splooge
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Sep 2004

FAK!

How much for a ticket this time? 3 billion dollers?
                    We're on a mission from ROTH

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Rumored dates

5/24 Petco Park, San Diego, CA

5/30 Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH

6/3 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

6/6 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX

6/10 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

6/13 Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium, Orlando, FL

6/16 or 17 Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA

6/20 Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

6/23 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI

6/26 or 27 Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO

6/30 or 7/1 Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA

7/4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN

7/8 Comerica Park, Detroit, MI

7/11 Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY

7/15? Le Festival d'été de Québec, Plains of Abraham, Québec City, QC or RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest, LeBreton Flats Park, Ottawa, ON

If these are correct, I could go to Columbus, Detroit, and Buffalo. Gotta work the day of the Pittsburgh show. Would probably get a presale ticket for Columbus and if they do the "Lucky Dip" tickets for $100 again I'd get those for the other two shows.

Also reading that the full Sticky Fingers shows would be at the Nokia in LA and both would be filmed for the re-issue set.

AND now the announcement is on Satisfaction Wednesday. Moved up a day, or back a week?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Wow, I'm not sure but that might be the first show at Ralph Wilson Stadium since the 90's. I'd like to see them, but am not paying big money for a band I'm lukewarm on...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No dates in Cascadia, and no gaps in the schedule where one might be added in?

Well that sucks ass......
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Oh well you can buy a car with the money you've saved...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                              No dates in Cascadia, and no gaps in the schedule where one might be added in?

Well that sucks ass......
                              It does, but where would they play other the the Gorge that would make it a real event?

I wouldn't want to see them in our football stadium again...
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...