Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Snuff the torch? - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snuff the torch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
    Maybe we can do a Roth Army group hug in DTown. Of course, NickD won't come because he's scared of the blacks. Maybe that fucking Flamma Canadian will come! Those other flaming Canucks too!
    Not this one...too fucking far...and I have a 500 million dollar student loan to pay off...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Fairwrning View Post
      Wasn't the thing lit because Dave came back into the fold? Last I checked....
      Yes, it was.

Originally posted by clarathecarrot View Post
      We all decided or someone decided that it was a DLR site and it should be lit.
      Then call it the "David Lee Roth Torch" and not the "Van Halen Torch"

Because to many, "Van Halen" still does not exist because of Wolfgang's presence. And I agree that with Wolfie it is not a factual representation of Classic Van Halen.

I just think there's too many mixed messages flying around the site these days. You see threads that trash Wolfgang, Dave's singing ability, VH's marketing schemes, the quality of their live shows, and so on and so forth. And there's legitimacy to a lot of those arguments.

But then there are announcements about appearances on Kimmel and Ellen, and people get all excited about it.

I guess I'm just surprised by what I perceive to be a lot of waffling back and forth by people who normally have strong opinions and stick by them.
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

I don't know. After considering it a bit more, maybe the perceived "excitement" about these TV appearances is the same kind of adrenalin some people get from looking at violent car crashes?

Is that what it is? Is it excited curiousity to see a potential crash and burn on TV?
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

I think, you're over thinking it.

Comment

I think, you're over thinking it.
            Fuck man...I KNOW I'm overthinking it.

But in my 10 years here I don't think I've ever seen such radical divisions and mixed messages about what is or what ISN'T "Van Halen."

It was always clear that with Hagar, it WAS NOT Van Halen. Cherone was given a little more latitude because of his love for CVH tunes and his enthusiastic performances of those songs. But it STILL wasn't "Van Halen."

Then, Dave came back and it was THE RETURN OF THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!

Now, it seems as though the prevailing notion here is that it's "not Van Halen" again.

The vast majority of us loved ADKOT, even with Wolfgang in the mix. And even though the record clearly contained some sleight of hand...especially with some of Dave's screams that were clearly isolated from 30 years ago and punched into the mix for "extra seasoning." So the argument could be made that we embraced the deception. Were we that hungry? To use Donnie's example, did we take watered-down yogurt (I forget exactly what he said) and view it as "chocolate cake?"

Is the Tokyo Dome release the reason for the sudden anti-VH uprising? Is it the lack of Mike? Or some combination of both? I'm just trying to understand....

Comment

Originally posted by fryingdutchman View Post
              Fuck man...I KNOW I'm overthinking it.

But in my 10 years here I don't think I've ever seen such radical divisions and mixed messages about what is or what ISN'T "Van Halen."

It was always clear that with Hagar, it WAS NOT Van Halen. Cherone was given a little more latitude because of his love for CVH tunes and his enthusiastic performances of those songs. But it STILL wasn't "Van Halen."

Then, Dave came back and it was THE RETURN OF THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!

Now, it seems as though the prevailing notion here is that it's "not Van Halen" again.

The vast majority of us loved ADKOT, even with Wolfgang in the mix. And even though the record clearly contained some sleight of hand...especially with some of Dave's screams that were clearly isolated from 30 years ago and punched into the mix for "extra seasoning." So the argument could be made that we embraced the deception. Were we that hungry? To use Donnie's example, did we take watered-down yogurt (I forget exactly what he said) and view it as "chocolate cake?"

Is the Tokyo Dome release the reason for the sudden anti-VH uprising? Is it the lack of Mike? Or some combination of both? I'm just trying to understand....

Don't sweat it brother, I think we've all gone over the edge in micro-analyzing this fucking band....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

It's a combination of both, but there are also other factors. This bands IGNORANCE as far as marketing goes. This bands IGNORANCE about releasing old shows. This band doing stupid shit like trying to keep EVERYTHING a big fucking secret, in this day and age. Including televised appearances that they must only want people to see by chance, because they don't want anybody to know they're going to be on. "Hey guys, let's go on the Ellen show, but not tell our fans we're going on Ellen, because probably 90% of them have never watched one episode of Ellen in their entire fucking lives". Fucking BRILLIANT idea! It's the fucking NERVE of them to call this shitty recording the "Definitive Live Van Halen". No, you STUPID motherfuckers, the US FESTIVAL is the DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Largo is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Oakland is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! This shitty album isn't the definitive live album because Mike's harmonies are missing. Dave in parts, sounds like a cat getting stepped on. Edward "Tone Chaser" Van Halen's tone now sounds like shit! He had the PERFECT fucking tone EVER, and he even fucked that up!

This band is the most dysfunctional, mis-managed, band in the history of rock and roll. Bar none. They might say, "Well, we still make a lot of money". Yeah dumbfucks, but you are leaving twice as much on the table!

Comment

It's a combination of both, but there are also other factors. This bands IGNORANCE as far as marketing goes. This bands IGNORANCE about releasing old shows. This band doing stupid shit like trying to keep EVERYTHING a big fucking secret, in this day and age. Including televised appearances that they must only want people to see by chance, because they don't want anybody to know they're going to be on. "Hey guys, let's go on the Ellen show, but not tell our fans we're going on Ellen, because probably 90% of them have never watched one episode of Ellen in their entire fucking lives". Fucking BRILLIANT idea! It's the fucking NERVE of them to call this shitty recording the "Definitive Live Van Halen". No, you STUPID motherfuckers, the US FESTIVAL is the DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Largo is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Oakland is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! This shitty album isn't the definitive live album because Mike's harmonies are missing. Dave in parts, sounds like a cat getting stepped on. Edward "Tone Chaser" Van Halen's tone now sounds like shit! He had the PERFECT fucking tone EVER, and he even fucked that up!

This band is the most dysfunctional, mis-managed, band in the history of rock and roll. Bar none. They might say, "Well, we still make a lot of money". Yeah dumbfucks, but you are leaving twice as much on the table!

Well said.

Just let me run their social media for a while, show 'em how it's done, as Dave would say....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post

Just let me run their social media for a while, show 'em how it's done, as Dave would say....
                    You are running their social media Va. They're just too dumb to figure that out too.

Comment

The torch is for DLR rejoining ED and AL then the addition of Wolf it isn't about MA being missing from the line-up .

DLR is the only reason.

There is no anti-reason..Dave playing with ED Al on Drums..where the hell is MA....No-body knows why or when Ed decided Wolf needed some experience in a rock band to get him out of a possible lifetime living in his mothers basement noodling away because he is the son of a great guitar talent... .

It is somewhat like making your 16 year old son assistant CEO of a huge corp without any schooling or time in service.

He will do fine due to dads assistance he may do fine elsewhere as he develops more skills.

So we all know 80% of what wolf does on stage is controlled by his dad......thus, it is VAN HALEN with Dave..... Torch gets lit.
                      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Because to many, "Van Halen" still does not exist because of Wolfgang's presence....

I just think there's too many mixed messages flying around the site these days....

I guess I'm just surprised by what I perceive to be a lot of waffling back and forth by people who normally have strong opinions and stick by them.
                        It ain't Van Halen. Doesn't matter who's on bass - so long as it ain't Mikey, it ain't Van Halen. And don't nobody give me that "he didn't write songs!" crap. Neither did Al. The only thing Al writes are alimony checks.

Too many mixed messages?? The band ain't on here reading this crap. I've trashed Dave's bad performances and I've praised the good ones. Nobody would like to see him do well on Kimmel more than I would. And if he does then I'll praise it. So shitting on the live record and the last tour and looking forward to see the next appearance aren't contradictory at all.

Mas Tequila!!!
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Throw Les Claypool on bass!

Comment

Maybe we can just change it to a flaming carrot.
                            My suggestion is replace the flame with this logo and we're done...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Or you all can just boycott this site and we could invade the Brony sites and get with the gayness 2015.

That could be our new site "Get With The Gayness."
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Originally posted by clarathecarrot View Post
                                Or you all can just boycott this site and we could invade the Brony sites and get with the gayness 2015.

That could be our new site "Get With The Gayness."
                                You have found your true calling.

Comment

Working...
                                X