View Poll Results: Should the VH Torch be snuffed out?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it lit!

5 35.71%
  • Snuff it out until Mike Anthony returns

6 42.86%
  • It's a stupid .gif....who the fuck cares?

3 21.43%
  • Only light it if all 3 singers are in the band

0 0%
  • Only light it if all three singers and both bass players are in the band

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snuff the torch?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Hmmmm....I think from the feedback I have seen so far from everyone, the criteria for keeping the torch lit would be as follows:

1) Band re-records ADKOT with Anthony so we have the true VH sound complete with ball busting background vocals

2) Dave grows hair to proper 80's length

3) Band names Donnie as their road manager, coke dealer, and midget and whore wrangler
    It's a start...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (03-19-2015)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    7) the hot tub time machine takes kristy to 1985
    I wanna be in the hot tub with her!!

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

no that's all bullshit.....time machine hot tubs..pfffffttt...this would be better,, I am in the audience to see Black Sabbath and then before the show this "some band" takes the stage and some guitarist makes some sounds that makes every single person in the audience stop what they were doing and turn their heads at the same speed and drop our jaws to the ground.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Probably get Matt White and Dale to come along, too!
    I would try like Hell. Would be kick ass.

6. Thanked TFM_Dale for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (03-20-2015)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

We need to have a torch unlit until they make me a webmaster again.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Maybe we can do a Roth Army group hug in DTown. Of course, NickD won't come because he's scared of the blacks. Maybe that fucking Flamma Canadian will come! Those other flaming Canucks too!
    Not this one...too fucking far...and I have a 500 million dollar student loan to pay off...

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Wasn't the thing lit because Dave came back into the fold? Last I checked....
    Yes, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    We all decided or someone decided that it was a DLR site and it should be lit.
    Then call it the "David Lee Roth Torch" and not the "Van Halen Torch"

Because to many, "Van Halen" still does not exist because of Wolfgang's presence. And I agree that with Wolfie it is not a factual representation of Classic Van Halen.

I just think there's too many mixed messages flying around the site these days. You see threads that trash Wolfgang, Dave's singing ability, VH's marketing schemes, the quality of their live shows, and so on and so forth. And there's legitimacy to a lot of those arguments.

But then there are announcements about appearances on Kimmel and Ellen, and people get all excited about it.

I guess I'm just surprised by what I perceive to be a lot of waffling back and forth by people who normally have strong opinions and stick by them.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know. After considering it a bit more, maybe the perceived "excitement" about these TV appearances is the same kind of adrenalin some people get from looking at violent car crashes?

Is that what it is? Is it excited curiousity to see a potential crash and burn on TV?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

I think, you're over thinking it.

12. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-20-2015),PETE'S BROTHER (03-20-2015)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think, you're over thinking it.
    Fuck man...I KNOW I'm overthinking it.

But in my 10 years here I don't think I've ever seen such radical divisions and mixed messages about what is or what ISN'T "Van Halen."

It was always clear that with Hagar, it WAS NOT Van Halen. Cherone was given a little more latitude because of his love for CVH tunes and his enthusiastic performances of those songs. But it STILL wasn't "Van Halen."

Then, Dave came back and it was THE RETURN OF THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!

Now, it seems as though the prevailing notion here is that it's "not Van Halen" again.

The vast majority of us loved ADKOT, even with Wolfgang in the mix. And even though the record clearly contained some sleight of hand...especially with some of Dave's screams that were clearly isolated from 30 years ago and punched into the mix for "extra seasoning." So the argument could be made that we embraced the deception. Were we that hungry? To use Donnie's example, did we take watered-down yogurt (I forget exactly what he said) and view it as "chocolate cake?"

Is the Tokyo Dome release the reason for the sudden anti-VH uprising? Is it the lack of Mike? Or some combination of both? I'm just trying to understand....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    Fuck man...I KNOW I'm overthinking it.

But in my 10 years here I don't think I've ever seen such radical divisions and mixed messages about what is or what ISN'T "Van Halen."

It was always clear that with Hagar, it WAS NOT Van Halen. Cherone was given a little more latitude because of his love for CVH tunes and his enthusiastic performances of those songs. But it STILL wasn't "Van Halen."

Then, Dave came back and it was THE RETURN OF THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!

Now, it seems as though the prevailing notion here is that it's "not Van Halen" again.

The vast majority of us loved ADKOT, even with Wolfgang in the mix. And even though the record clearly contained some sleight of hand...especially with some of Dave's screams that were clearly isolated from 30 years ago and punched into the mix for "extra seasoning." So the argument could be made that we embraced the deception. Were we that hungry? To use Donnie's example, did we take watered-down yogurt (I forget exactly what he said) and view it as "chocolate cake?"

Is the Tokyo Dome release the reason for the sudden anti-VH uprising? Is it the lack of Mike? Or some combination of both? I'm just trying to understand....

Don't sweat it brother, I think we've all gone over the edge in micro-analyzing this fucking band....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's a combination of both, but there are also other factors. This bands IGNORANCE as far as marketing goes. This bands IGNORANCE about releasing old shows. This band doing stupid shit like trying to keep EVERYTHING a big fucking secret, in this day and age. Including televised appearances that they must only want people to see by chance, because they don't want anybody to know they're going to be on. "Hey guys, let's go on the Ellen show, but not tell our fans we're going on Ellen, because probably 90% of them have never watched one episode of Ellen in their entire fucking lives". Fucking BRILLIANT idea! It's the fucking NERVE of them to call this shitty recording the "Definitive Live Van Halen". No, you STUPID motherfuckers, the US FESTIVAL is the DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Largo is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Oakland is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! This shitty album isn't the definitive live album because Mike's harmonies are missing. Dave in parts, sounds like a cat getting stepped on. Edward "Tone Chaser" Van Halen's tone now sounds like shit! He had the PERFECT fucking tone EVER, and he even fucked that up!

This band is the most dysfunctional, mis-managed, band in the history of rock and roll. Bar none. They might say, "Well, we still make a lot of money". Yeah dumbfucks, but you are leaving twice as much on the table!

16. 5 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-20-2015),hambon4lif (03-23-2015),kwame k (03-20-2015),vandeleur (03-20-2015),VHscraps (03-20-2015)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

It's a combination of both, but there are also other factors. This bands IGNORANCE as far as marketing goes. This bands IGNORANCE about releasing old shows. This band doing stupid shit like trying to keep EVERYTHING a big fucking secret, in this day and age. Including televised appearances that they must only want people to see by chance, because they don't want anybody to know they're going to be on. "Hey guys, let's go on the Ellen show, but not tell our fans we're going on Ellen, because probably 90% of them have never watched one episode of Ellen in their entire fucking lives". Fucking BRILLIANT idea! It's the fucking NERVE of them to call this shitty recording the "Definitive Live Van Halen". No, you STUPID motherfuckers, the US FESTIVAL is the DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Largo is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! Oakland is THE DEFINITIVE LIVE VAN HALEN! This shitty album isn't the definitive live album because Mike's harmonies are missing. Dave in parts, sounds like a cat getting stepped on. Edward "Tone Chaser" Van Halen's tone now sounds like shit! He had the PERFECT fucking tone EVER, and he even fucked that up!

This band is the most dysfunctional, mis-managed, band in the history of rock and roll. Bar none. They might say, "Well, we still make a lot of money". Yeah dumbfucks, but you are leaving twice as much on the table!

Well said.

Just let me run their social media for a while, show 'em how it's done, as Dave would say....

18. 2 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-20-2015),Von Halen (03-20-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post

Just let me run their social media for a while, show 'em how it's done, as Dave would say....
    You are running their social media Va. They're just too dumb to figure that out too.

20. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-20-2015),Fairwrning (03-20-2015)

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The torch is for DLR rejoining ED and AL then the addition of Wolf it isn't about MA being missing from the line-up .

DLR is the only reason.

There is no anti-reason..Dave playing with ED Al on Drums..where the hell is MA....No-body knows why or when Ed decided Wolf needed some experience in a rock band to get him out of a possible lifetime living in his mothers basement noodling away because he is the son of a great guitar talent... .

It is somewhat like making your 16 year old son assistant CEO of a huge corp without any schooling or time in service.

He will do fine due to dads assistance he may do fine elsewhere as he develops more skills.

So we all know 80% of what wolf does on stage is controlled by his dad......thus, it is VAN HALEN with Dave..... Torch gets lit.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Because to many, "Van Halen" still does not exist because of Wolfgang's presence....

I just think there's too many mixed messages flying around the site these days....

I guess I'm just surprised by what I perceive to be a lot of waffling back and forth by people who normally have strong opinions and stick by them.
    It ain't Van Halen. Doesn't matter who's on bass - so long as it ain't Mikey, it ain't Van Halen. And don't nobody give me that "he didn't write songs!" crap. Neither did Al. The only thing Al writes are alimony checks.

Too many mixed messages?? The band ain't on here reading this crap. I've trashed Dave's bad performances and I've praised the good ones. Nobody would like to see him do well on Kimmel more than I would. And if he does then I'll praise it. So shitting on the live record and the last tour and looking forward to see the next appearance aren't contradictory at all.

Mas Tequila!!!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Throw Les Claypool on bass!

24. Thanked TFM_Dale for this KICKASS post:

Angel (03-20-2015)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Maybe we can just change it to a flaming carrot.
    My suggestion is replace the flame with this logo and we're done...

26. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (03-21-2015)

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Or you all can just boycott this site and we could invade the Brony sites and get with the gayness 2015.

That could be our new site "Get With The Gayness."

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    Or you all can just boycott this site and we could invade the Brony sites and get with the gayness 2015.

That could be our new site "Get With The Gayness."
    You have found your true calling.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It is very trendy these days.

So, we would have the advantage of bandwagon riders logging on instantly.. we could a special forum dedicated to those emasculated men who go shopping with women and their lack of behavioral restraint.

How they deal with the fact that..they may never find those same shoes in their size...that gotta be tough!

Thread Information