X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

"....as they embark on their GREATEST HITS tour!"

Haven't the last two tours pretty much been "greatest hits" tours?

Except for a few attempts at ADKOT songs, most of which did not fare very well (e.g. "Chinatown")

Seeing how most folks here are pissed about the band without Mike Anthony, I don't know why there would be any excitement about this, or the Kimmel appearance for that matter.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman

Seeing how most folks here are pissed about the band without Mike Anthony, I don't know why there would be any excitement about this, or the Kimmel appearance for that matter.
      There's not.

Probably has more to do with their ignorant ways, than whether or not Mike is in the band.

Besides, they'll probably play "Jump", and who the fuck cares about that?

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
        There's not.

Probably has more to do with their ignorant ways, than whether or not Mike is in the band.

Besides, they'll probably play "Jump", and who the fuck cares about that?
        I think it would be fucking hilarious if those doors opened on Ellen's stage and Mike was standing to Dave's right.

I think this website would actually explode into a billion tiny fragments.
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

Or they announce Ellen as the new lead singer. Still a better choice than fagar.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
            Or they announce Ellen as the new lead singer. Still a better choice than fagar.
            I just hope it doesn't turn into some hokey bullshit performance where Ellen dances in the aisles and makes the audience "Jump" everytime Dave sings it.

Or that there's a copy of "Live at the Tokyo Dome" under everyone's seat.

Kimmel's kind of a hip decision.

Not sure I agree with an "Ellen" appearance.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

DTNA is the best choice for the Ellen show.

Dave.

We're begging you.

Your range.

Please.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I was discussing this last night with our Cafe Wha? sister and journalist greeneyedmurder, who is @LeslieFeffer on Twitter by the way....

She is, without a doubt, against the Ellen appearance.... I can see her point, it's not the typical Van Halen audience target, at all....

BUT, as I told her, I know many, many women who are my age that would jump (no pun) at the chance to sit in the lawn here at the ampitheater to watch Van Halen in concert....

So, is it unusual? Um, absolutely....

But I know I'm not going to complain about Van Halen finally doing their perverse way of publicity.....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                  I think it would be fucking hilarious if those doors opened on Ellen's stage and Mike was standing to Dave's right.
                  Yeah, that would be funny. Especially considering the fact that if they had it their way, ZERO of their true fans would see it, because NONE of them watch fucking Ellen!

Van Halen, the ONLY band in the world that doesn't want their fans to watch them!

Well, I guess that might be a smart move, after hearing Panama on the definitive live album.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Ok, the whole "no VH fan watches Ellen" thing may be true, but these days, the die-hards will all be setting their DVRs for this. Every true fan will be tuning in one way or another. If they say they won't, they're full of shit. As I said on a different thread, they could have an appearance on the View and we'd all be watching.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Ok, the whole "no VH fan watches Ellen" thing may be true, but these days, the die-hards will all be setting their DVRs for this. Every true fan will be tuning in one way or another. If they say they won't, they're full of shit. As I said on a different thread, they could have an appearance on the View and we'd all be watching.
                      You are totally missing the point. If VH had it their way, we WOULDN'T KNOW they were appearing on any show!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        Beats me. He could be Beethoven for all I know. Maybe he should replace Ed. Then they could get a younger drummer too and then a younger singer and blaze on into the future as The New Van Halen or something catchy like that.
                        Sure. I dunno, you are the one wanting to listen to Brian Young and crew provide a serviceable version of a Van Halen song. If something other than Van Halen is what we are talking about, I don't think this is the future...at least not one I have any interest in.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

I don't understand the Ellen appearance. I'm assuming her core audience is youngerish women, probably the least represented group at a VH concert these days. Well, I suppose they deserve some credit for actually promoting the album...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            I was discussing this last night with our Cafe Wha? sister and journalist greeneyedmurder, who is @LeslieFeffer on Twitter by the way....

She is, without a doubt, against the Ellen appearance.... I can see her point, it's not the typical Van Halen audience target, at all....

BUT, as I told her, I know many, many women who are my age that would jump (no pun) at the chance to sit in the lawn here at the ampitheater to watch Van Halen in concert....

So, is it unusual? Um, absolutely....

But I know I'm not going to complain about Van Halen finally doing their perverse way of publicity.....
                            It just doesn't fit... currently the show is rated 18th in the afternoon time slot and their primary audience is 73% women 18-49 and women 25-54 demographics. This would have made sense back when... When It's Love was topping the charts. But today? WTF?
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

"Van Ellen"

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                You are totally missing the point. If VH had it their way, we WOULDN'T KNOW they were appearing on any show!

What point am I missing?? Isn't it obvious they're doing all of their PR through VHND, FB & Twatter? They announced that they will be on the Ellen show exactly 2 weeks in advance of the appearance. Sounds to me like the only people who aren't in the know are the casuals who may not be linked in with them on the interwebs. They wanted us to know and they told us. The Kimmel thing is being handled like what your suggesting, though.

Comment

Working...