Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
    Who is this Malcolm?

Alex' youngest son.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
      Who is this Malcolm?
      Al's son. He hadn't been involved in the band's com so far.

I still can't understand why Dave wasn't part of the rehearsals. From his own will, or had Ed & Al better not have him holding the mike?
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        Al's son. He hadn't been involved in the band's com so far.

I still can't understand why Dave wasn't part of the rehearsals. From his own will, or had Ed & Al better not have him holding the mike?

I think that's a big assumption that he isn't, if you're basing it solely on those pics.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Wolf just chillin on the last rehearsal for Seattle! Happy Independence Day too! A photo posted by Malcolm Van Halen (@van_halen2015) on Jul 4, 2015 at 3:06pm PDT

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I think that's a big assumption that he isn't, if you're basing it solely on those pics.....
            Exactly, Dave is more like a hired gun on a ranch... I imagine the choice to show one of his photos therefore lies with him and not the band, I bet he was there
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Dave shows up in Seattle late Saturday.
              Dave gets to the venue 20 minutes before the show Sunday.
              Wolfgang proudly hands Dave the setlist.
              Dave asks for a Sharpie.
              Dave scratches out the deep cuts and fills in the songs they've played the last two tours.
              Show commences.
              The Roth Army complains about the setlist.

twonabomber hopes he's wrong...
              Twonabomber is probably right. Which is why FORD is skipping this show, despite having numerous opportunities to win concert tickets from KZOK radio over the last few weeks (after the bastards at Scumcast Cable completely fucked me over by screwing up my internet connection for a month when the good tickets went on sale)

Still could probably find at least a lawn ticket to this show if I wanted to, but given the pain in the ass of getting in and out of White River, the possible triple digit temperatures tommorrow (definitely not typical Cascadia weather) and the likelihood of the set list probably being exactly like the recent official live album. Never thought I would be so easily able to accept NOT going to a Van Halen concert, but it looks like I'll probably be watching a bootleg Grateful Dead show tomorrow rather than being at the first official Van Halen show of 2015.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                and the likelihood of the set list probably being exactly like the recent official live album.

I think you'll end up being wrong on that point, at least to a certain extent....

While I FULLY realize that just because the VH Trio was rehearsing those deep cuts won't mean that DLR will sing them, I think there's a good chance at least a couple of them get on the setlist....

Is that enough to change your (or others) mind? Maybe not.....

Comment

• wiseguy
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

They should set up a stripper pole on the stage for the show and get Avy Lee Roth doing her thing up there. It's a FAMILY AFFAIR!!!
                  Stay frosty now.
                  Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                    Twonabomber is probably right. Which is why FORD is skipping this show, despite having numerous opportunities to win concert tickets from KZOK radio over the last few weeks (after the bastards at Scumcast Cable completely fucked me over by screwing up my internet connection for a month when the good tickets went on sale)

Still could probably find at least a lawn ticket to this show if I wanted to, but given the pain in the ass of getting in and out of White River, the possible triple digit temperatures tommorrow (definitely not typical Cascadia weather) and the likelihood of the set list probably being exactly like the recent official live album. Never thought I would be so easily able to accept NOT going to a Van Halen concert, but it looks like I'll probably be watching a bootleg Grateful Dead show tomorrow rather than being at the first official Van Halen show of 2015.
                    I thought of going but its the pain of getting in and out of that location. I wonder if more convenient locations would help tix sales?
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Just checked online...it seems pretty full based on what's available
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I think you'll end up being wrong on that point, at least to a certain extent....

While I FULLY realize that just because the VH Trio was rehearsing those deep cuts won't mean that DLR will sing them, I think there's a good chance at least a couple of them get on the setlist....

That's what happened last tour. They mixed in Hear About It Later, Women in Love, Full Bug, Outta Love Again, GGB, even did Hang Em High once or twice. Rehearsed a few more (LUTS, As Is) that never got past Dave.

Especially early in the tour, should get a good mix. Probably by mid-tour, they will settle into one setlist. But I'd LOVE to be there tonight.
                        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                          I thought of going but its the pain of getting in and out of that location. I wonder if more convenient locations would help tix sales?

It's telling that something like traffic being a mitigating factor between going and not going.....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It's telling that something like traffic being a mitigating factor between going and not going.....
                            its not just traffic....its a commitment to staying in rush hour for 6 hours...I am going to too many other shows anyways and this one just didnt work out
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

It's telling... not as much about a band but our age now lol
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah... you called it right.

Light Up The Sky
                                Drop Dead Legs
                                Dirty Movies

Guess that means I need to stop by the Comcast office and punch somebody in the face. And then hit myself for not settling for a lawn ticket.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...