• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarathecarrot
    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Whorehey
    If that was his "A" game last night...

Something drastic needs to change before Van Halen the band's credibility is lost.

"Dirty Movies" and "Light Up The Sky" are right in his wheelhouse vocally. I'm sorry, but that was unlistenable.

I still think DLR in his prime is one of the greatest frontmen in rock. And that 1978/1984 produced six of my favorite albums.

I'm sorry, but I can't get on this train.

Excellent comments, you disrespect the show you weren't, at..... then remind us of your (the) credibility, of your ability to make that comment by stating for us all; to see and know about you, how much you like some studio albums from 30 years ago.

All the while advertising a golf club manufacturer on a baseball cap, image, in you AV, that I am sure your aren't being paid for.

So what should we know, you are a great golfer and thus you must let us know that you have a golf club manufacturer on a hat....are you more interesting than the people you want to see that ?

Thanks for your interesting comments: that let us know you do not enjoy VH but have a CD or two that you do like...nice!
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 07-06-2015, 07:52 PM.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Catfish
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
      Van Halen is not a wine tasting contest, it is a couple of kegs of beer and Van Halen is like beer... anyone who bitches about beer at a party should not go to parties lol
      Gold!

Comment

• Whorehey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Start watching this at 10 minutes as Ed works out a way to get across to Wolf.

I don't think you need to be an expert in body language psychology here...
        Sesh, in all fairness Dave was helicoptering a mike stand above his head...
        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Catfish
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Van Halen is touring, and you motherfuckers are still talking about Sammy Clichegar. Unfuckingbelievable. You guys keep him more relevant than the fucking redheads do.
          Like you didn't do your part through the late 80s/early 90s to keep the Spam boat afloat you filthy cocksucker!

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Kicks were your top priority?

Really?
            I'm just saying there is ZERO qualities left that he possesses that he once had... The kicks were just the icing on the cake... Now there is no cake....

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

So basically the two people in this thread that were at the show, you and the Rolling Stone reporter liked it a lot more than the people who only saw it on YouTube smartphone footage...again.
              I've seen Van Halen live twice. Once in early 79 and at the US Festival in 83. People have been telling me how fucked up and sloppy they were at the US every since I joined this site but I don't remember it that way. The long wait before they hit the stage sucked but once they got there they kicked ass. As I've said before you can't fully guage a live performance if you're not there. I'm gonna do my damndest to make it to one last VH concert even if I have to stroll in in a fuckin' wheelchair.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

First night nerves or more likely I think under rehearsed as a band for whatever reason.

It's rock n roll not boxing so they will get away with it.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

So basically the two people in this thread that were at the show, you and the Rolling Stone reporter liked it a lot more than the people who only saw it on YouTube smartphone footage...again.
                  Come on Sesh. It has nothing to do with YouTube videos from phones. The difference is, being there. It's a much better all around experience being there. Much easier to get caught up in the moment, drift back to the good old days, and have a good time.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Whorehey
                    Sesh, in all fairness Dave was helicoptering a mike stand above his head...
                    True. Ed does seem to get out of there as soon as Dave goes over though.

Could be a coincidence.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Think the only person not ready AGAIN was Dave. Sorry.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I've seen Van Halen live twice. Once in early 79 and at the US Festival in 83. People have been telling me how fucked up and sloppy they were at the US every since I joined this site but I don't remember it that way. The long wait before they hit the stage sucked but once they got there they kicked ass. As I've said before you can't fully guage a live performance if you're not there. I'm gonna do my damndest to make it to one last VH concert even if I have to stroll in in a fuckin' wheelchair.
                        My favorite bootleg. I fucking LOVE the US Festival! That was when Van Halen was Van Halen!

Comment

• Catfish
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

The Internet is a mean place.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Come on Sesh. It has nothing to do with YouTube videos from phones. The difference is, being there. It's a much better all around experience being there. Much easier to get caught up in the moment, drift back to the good old days, and have a good time.
                            I don't disagree and in the same way if you are at a show and Dave makes a mistake then you are not going to

Again we have the American Idol YouTubers comparing mimed music with live rock n roll music. This is not a Rachmaninoff concerto.

That said I think they look under rehearsed.

Comment

• Catfish
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                              I'm just saying there is ZERO qualities left that he possesses that he once had... The kicks were just the icing on the cake... Now there is no cake....
                              Dayam.

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

It's nice seeing the gunt again catfish lol

If Dave still has GAME, then fucking show it... Or retire...

Comment

Working...