• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    You should log in more
    I even left out the part with the Kung Fu grip sprouting out of Dave's arm which he then applies to shattering the slip and slide dance floor
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Comment

• FALCO
        Groupie
        • Jun 2004

As a total Dave or Graver, the bottom line for me (my $.02 for what it's worth and basically stating the obvious) is that the VH3 are absolutely KILLING IT... No question they are a fine oiled machine and Wolf Van Halen really has brought Van Halen back to MONSTER form with his choices of songs, etc.

David Lee Roth, if he continues to strain and go into even higher registers that I didn't think was possible in certain songs will definitely not last the tour (I cannot fathom singing like that night after night, my vocal cords are hurting just listening to it) ... It has been stated quite a few times (and I am finally going to concede) DLR is what he is now...

There will be NO return to the '07/'08 Diamond David Lee Roth swagger and voice ... even in Feel Your Love Tonight (which was pretty cool) he just goes off on these ridiculous tangents note wise and from what I heard of the DTNA clip and also a bit of Little Guitars, he is all over the place... I still feel were he to sing in regular register he wouldn't be so bad, but... it seriously would also have helped had he actually made the effort to rehearse and learn his own fucking lyrics. And STOP with the fucking "you cant tell what it sounds like over a cell phone bullshit" ... it's close... it's recorded from the fucking show... not suddenly going to sound a million times better... maybe clearer, but Dave will still be yelping like Dave... funny, I see old vids from the past with way less quality equipment and DLR sounds great... so just stop with the stupidity...

I actually had high hopes after seeing LUTS, figuring he reigned himself in, but that was foolish hope, lol...

That being said, I think it will be worth the $20 lawn seats here in South Florida just to enjoy the power of the band (and play in my head the way DLR should be sounding)

FALCO
        \m/ \m/
        NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
        'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
        "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• vaijuju
          Sniper
          • Jan 2008

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            So basically the two people in this thread that were at the show, you and the Rolling Stone reporter liked it a lot more than the people who only saw it on YouTube smartphone footage...again.
            Didn't you see my review comment?
            I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Silexxx
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2010

Says Chinatown but it's actually I'll Wait

Comment

• Silexxx
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2010

Hot For Teacher

Comment

• Silexxx
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2010

And Beautiful Girls.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Catfish
                    Probably not.
                    Racist!

Comment

• vaijuju
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2008

Great audio at dime !! of course better than the tube ..after 7 songs, it's pleasant to my hears !

Comment

• vaijuju
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2008

Alex has changed his solo, it's a new one !!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by vaijuju
                          1:00-1:05.... Dave is too early, Ed and Wolf go "rhyyyyme" just after he's done with "yours in a simple rhyme"...

Rehearse, Dave, you need to rehearse...
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• private parts
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            By the way, I am out rolling around in the VH Buggy on this beautiful evening. Jamming the Women And Children First disc!

Good God Almighty! That thing is just BAD-ASS!!
                            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by private parts
                              Good God Almighty! That thing is just BAD-ASS!!
                              Yeah that and gay as fuck at the same time
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

If Dave didn't want to rehearse with the band, he should have grabbed THE 6 pack, jumped in the ole Merc, and then drove around all day with the top down, singing along to all these songs. Maybe then he would know them. Maybe then he'd at least attempt to sing them in the proper range.

I think Dave's interests and priorities these days, are anything but Van Halen. Unfortunately, Van Halen is the paycheck that allows him to focus so much on those other interests.

Dave no longer has the passion and hunger.

Comment

Working...