X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
    Well I'm a reasonable guy unlike some of you guy's. I get that Dave is 60. His life is probably half over (yeah that was deep lol ) so all I want him to do is try his best singing. Don't need the leg kicks and jumping off the drum riser. I still like the fucked up stories and fucking with chicks in the first row. 1980 is over but Van Halen doesn't need to be if they all put in the effort. I think the version of Unchained was better on the live album for one reason only. Dave didn't start yelping in the middle of it like he did on this one. And notice where he does it ? Were he came in late in the middle. It's like his way of catching up or something. Don't come in late or just wait like the old day's for your next cue. DROP THE YELPING DAVE !! LUTS was really good. Never thought he could come close too pulling it off. He didn't the first night. This one was pretty decent. And that's all he has too do.
    Hey man, that's all I want. I'd like Dave to at least pretend he cares as much as I do.

I just don't feel like Dave is putting 100% effort into this. His performances are improving, so maybe by the time he gets to the end of the tour, those folks won't be as ripped off as the folks that are paying full price for his rehearsal gigs.

I don't give one fuck about the jumps and kicks and stuff. He did do a kick in that Unchained video though.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

YUK !!! Just bring Sam back and rehash that shit. Dave can go out on his own and sing his shit if everyone is so upset he is in Van Halen. I say leave after this tour anyways. Hell we might get new music.
      I'm not saying you're saying it in the same way, but boy am I tired of people who don't know what's up saying bring Sammy back. As far as I can figure, Wolfgang doesn't have much interest in those years and that's why we have what we have. (Thank the Music Gods). It's like when non comic geeks wonder why Batman won't join the Avengers, or non football fans saying that they can't wait to see Tom Brady tackle Geno Smith.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

I agree. Think Dave's rehearsals are the first 10 gigs !! And that is lame on his part. Time will tell but he has already done a little better. I think Dance The Night Away has no chance though. Think he has that on butchered for good sadly. They can drop it. Honestly they should drop anything he struggles with. I don't think that would be everything yet. Would it ?? LOL !! I think the version of DDL from the second show was good. Stick too stuff he can pull off.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BumBahDeeDah
          I'm not saying you're saying it in the same way, but boy am I tired of people who don't know what's up saying bring Sammy back. As far as I can figure, Wolfgang doesn't have much interest in those years and that's why we have what we have. (Thank the Music Gods). It's like when non comic geeks wonder why Batman won't join the Avengers, or non football fans saying that they can't wait to see Tom Brady tackle Geno Smith.
          Yeah that was a joke. Sort of. I mean if someone want's a different singer in Van Halen than write new songs and just do the Hag stuff. Leave Dave's stuff alone. It's NOT Van Halen without Dave !!! Never was, never will be.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Hey man, that's all I want. I'd like Dave to at least pretend he cares as much as I do.
            Unfortunately I don't think that's it at all. I think he thinks that's what the fans want. They just want to see Dave being Dave instead Dave as the lead singer in a rock and roll band that could have gone to the Zep, Stones, The Who level of status.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2004

Yeah, DTNA. Since the setlist is always out there, I think I'll time my piss for DTNA instead of the drum solo. I think I totally understand the faces Eddie makes, when I think of just about EVERY recent performance of DTNA. I think Wolf enjoys singing certain songs, regardless of Dave, and that's why they stay in the rotation.

Hell, maybe Wolf had a secret meeting with Dave and Dave promised to give his performances a better shot.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                Unfortunately I don't think that's it at all. I think he thinks that's what the fans want. They just want to see Dave being Dave instead Dave as the lead singer in a rock and roll band that could have gone to the Zep, Stones, The Who level of status.
                That chance ended in 1985.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BumBahDeeDah
                  As far as I can figure, Wolfgang doesn't have much interest in those years and that's why we have what we have.
                  Is that true or is that just a story someone made up so Ed could save face? When the tour is over and someone asks Ed about getting back with Dave he can always say he did it for the kid instead of he actually needed him back in the band to pad his bankroll.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

That chance ended in 1985.
                    Zep was together about the same time as CVH but they had the advantage of Page being a veteran rockstar from the get go. They were recording artists longer. If Roth had stayed with VH another couple years and albums would they have gotten to that level?
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• EdVanZep
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2005

Dave made the Cosby joke during Romeo Delight at 2:40 not EWS , my bad

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        Is that true or is that just a story someone made up so Ed could save face? When the tour is over and someone asks Ed about getting back with Dave he can always say he did it for the kid instead of he actually needed him back in the band to pad his bankroll.
                        The kid listens to rock music he doesn't like the elevator music years.
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Dave did say in the book he had to ease into tours , his jokes wernt funny for the first (insert number )shows.
                          Come on von give him a break

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

I do love von's stance on this tour .
                            I only want dave to put the same effort in I do.

Anybody here wanna watch Dave come on stage and whinge his tits off.

Last edited by vandeleur; 07-10-2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              I do love von's stance on this tour .
                              I only want dave to put the same effort in I do.

Anybody here wanna watch Dave come on stage and whinge his tits off.

Ok, I had to consult my Geordie Translation book for this one.
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                                Ok, I had to consult my Geordie Translation book for this one.
                                " whinge his tits off " ........ to moan like a cunt.

Comment

Working...