X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Angel
    I was just at the Links and from the sounds of it Dave is getting his shit together.

Now kindly fuck off.
    After hearing LUTS I think I might agree. It just proves Dave CAN do it. Will he is another question ??

Comment

• katina
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

Awesome Unchained !!!

Comment

• So this is love
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

What's $200 if it allows you to relive your youth and have a good time...I have spent more for much worst
        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
          They probably never saw the real Van Halen.

Or, they are so starved to relive their youth, like those old bags Momshell and Angel, they willingly accept and encourage an inferior product.

I wonder what would be better received by these "fans". A clone up there singing the songs perfectly, or Dave butchering the songs, because he's Dave, and he can?
          Dave butchering them works for me. Or it's not Van Halen. I think he sounds promising on some of this 3rd show. It's his legacy. Up too him how he want's it to end.

Comment

• DlocRoth
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Damn! That was nice. Even over the hill haters like Vonpa cant say that was shit.
            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
              Dave butchering them works for me. Or it's not Van Halen. I think he sounds promising on some of this 3rd show. It's his legacy. Up too him how he want's it to end.
              It's interesting you'd rather see and hear a shitty rendition of the songs, so it remains "Van Halen".

How about if they put up a 1980 Dave hologram? Then you could really relive your youth, if you saw them in 1980.

That version of "Unchained" isn't "awesome", but it is definitely acceptable. I'd pay a reasonable price to see them perform every song like that.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

How about if they put up a 1980 Dave hologram? Then you could really relive your youth, if you saw them in 1980.
                Be cheaper to just hire Ralph.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• EdVanZep
                  Groupie
                  • Jun 2005

I can`t begin to explain how killer that gig was last night , The band killed and Daves crazy high notes aside was spectacular. Dave was telling is usual goofy jokes and stories but the one that really hit home was at the beginning of EWS , he was talking to a lady in the audience and said " I`ll pretend that I`m on drugs and you can pretend to be Bill Cosby" immediately after that the video screens showed Al cracking up , kinda had to be there. Ed played like he was a from another universe , he was definitely the star last night

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

They probably never saw the real Van Halen.

Or, they are so starved to relive their youth, like those old bags Momshell and Angel, they willingly accept and encourage an inferior product.

I wonder what would be better received by these "fans". A clone up there singing the songs perfectly, or Dave butchering the songs, because he's Dave, and he can?
                    I agree with you that Roth is the weak link right now but as I've said before you can't judge a live performance completely unless you were there. The last time I saw Dave live was on the Sam and Dave tour. He sang better but he didn't put on much of a show. If he could find a happy medium between then and now he'd be fine. Put a little more effort into singing and less into trying so hard to be the center of everyone's attention the entire time you're on stage.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

It might be the weed but I just thought how ironic it is that a grown man of your age that cruises around in a dune buggy would mention other people wanting to relive their youth. Maybe they just don't dig dune buggies.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        It might be the weed but I just thought how ironic it is that a grown man of your age that cruises around in a dune buggy would mention other people wanting to relive their youth. Maybe they just don't dig dune buggies.
                        Ha ha!

I'm reliving my youth every fucking day! In fact, I'm stuck in 1980! That's why it's so hard for me to accept 2015 Dave!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Ha ha!

I'm reliving my youth every fucking day! In fact, I'm stuck in 1980! That's why it's so hard for me to accept 2015 Dave!
                          admitting the problem is the first step
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                            admitting the problem is the first step
                            Why is it a problem? I'm twice as old, and half as crotchety, as Kristy!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

It's interesting you'd rather see and hear a shitty rendition of the songs, so it remains "Van Halen".

That version of "Unchained" isn't "awesome", but it is definitely acceptable. I'd pay a reasonable price to see them perform every song like that.
                              Well I'm a reasonable guy unlike some of you guy's. I get that Dave is 60. His life is probably half over (yeah that was deep lol ) so all I want him to do is try his best singing. Don't need the leg kicks and jumping off the drum riser. I still like the fucked up stories and fucking with chicks in the first row. 1980 is over but Van Halen doesn't need to be if they all put in the effort. I think the version of Unchained was better on the live album for one reason only. Dave didn't start yelping in the middle of it like he did on this one. And notice where he does it ? Were he came in late in the middle. It's like his way of catching up or something. Don't come in late or just wait like the old day's for your next cue. DROP THE YELPING DAVE !! LUTS was really good. Never thought he could come close too pulling it off. He didn't the first night. This one was pretty decent. And that's all he has too do.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                                Be cheaper to just hire Ralph.
                                YUK !!! Just bring Sam back and rehash that shit. Dave can go out on his own and sing his shit if everyone is so upset he is in Van Halen. I say leave after this tour anyways. Hell we might get new music.

Comment

Working...