Official July 11 San Bernardino, CA, San Manuel Amphitheater Meetup/Review Threa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katina
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Another Hot For Teacher, the camera is following Dave.
    Awesome !!!

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
      LOL... Seriously, after what I considered an abortion of vocal ridiculousness on the last go round, not to mention I just felt DLR was a bojangles shell of himself...

What I am seeing has me beyond pumped for September down here in South Florida... it seems like the '07/'08 Diamond Dave is slowly breaking out and shedding the skin of "that other DLR" we have endured...

Yes, still a bunch of bad notes and straining yelps, but they seem to be slowly fading out in certain areas and he is SINGING alot more... to me, the OVERALL vibe is more bad assery... maybe the infusion of more deep cuts, but he just seems different and I'm digging it!!!
      I think Dave understands the venues and audience better on this tour, and that's why he's keeping the Vaudeville schtick to a bare minimum.

Maybe you can get away with jazz hands and Britney Spears headsets on a winter tour when people are apathetic and semi-depressed with Seasonal Affective Disorder --- but this year he's playing to a laid back summertime crowd in the open sheds. Concert-goers just wanna chug a few cold ones and hear the old hits. Keep it loose and fun.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
        I think Dave understands the venues and audience better on this tour, and that's why he's keeping the Vaudeville schtick to a bare minimum.
        name me one single frontman in the fucking universe that would come up with a pack of oneliners turning it into a show momentum immediately after some jackass runs across the stage waving a sign saying "I blow dicks for weed" or something...

Axl Rose would have gone home...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Silexxx
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2010

Great ATBL!

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Maybe you can get away with jazz hands and Britney Spears headsets on a winter tour when people are apathetic and semi-depressed with Seasonal Affective Disorder --- but this year he's playing to a laid back summertime crowd in the open sheds. Concert-goers just wanna chug a few cold ones and hear the old hits. Keep it loose and fun.
            That or he actually fucking saw the jazz hands video posted here..

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by katina
              Hot For Teacher

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Dave's in the zone.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Recreational marijuana is legal in Washington state --- so I doubt you'll see many people lighting up except for the Red Rocks, CO show on July 20.

But I thought in Colorado and Washington you're not allowed to smoke it in public?
                I saw something posted here about a warning that it's not legal to smoke or display pot in public in Washington but I'm not sure if Colorado has the same law. When it comes to smoking pot at concerts some people (like me) are gonna do it anyway and deal with the consequences if they get caught. If it's legal to vape at venues some people will just vape oil or whatever to get high. Some people will probably do edibles but I'd just as soon chew up a bud or two instead of eating some of the crap they call edible. Some of the candy tastes like chemicals and makes your body feel weird like you've been doing hard drugs. Makes some people paranoid and/or panicky too.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

I know this is a 5150 era shirt, but I like the message and it has no specifics printed. Would this be a go or no go to wear to the show?

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by katina
                    Another Hot For Teacher, the camera is following Dave.
                    Awesome !!!

About the 3:00 mark some dude runs onto the stage and starts showing ED his certificate of lunacy..or perhaps a recipe for soup..?

I thought our Elvis was black..?
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
                      I know this is a 5150 era shirt, but I like the message and it has no specifics printed. Would this be a go or no go to wear to the show?

I say no-go. Wtf is that front image?
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                        name me one single frontman in the fucking universe that would come up with a pack of oneliners turning it into a show momentum immediately after some jackass runs across the stage waving a sign saying "I blow dicks for weed" or something...

Axl Rose would have gone home...
                        Icing on the cake would've been seeing Dave launch a reverse flying spin kick to that asshole's face and knock out a couple teeth before security dragged him off.

But I agree about Axl Rose --- he would've thrown a kiddie tantrum, pulled out his tampon and stormed off the stage.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dan
                          Review From PB later On Tonight,have Fun Guys And Gals.
                          it was good. I am tired.
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I saw something posted here about a warning that it's not legal to smoke or display pot in public in Washington but I'm not sure if Colorado has the same law. When it comes to smoking pot at concerts some people (like me) are gonna do it anyway and deal with the consequences if they get caught. If it's legal to vape at venues some people will just vape oil or whatever to get high. Some people will probably do edibles but I'd just as soon chew up a bud or two instead of eating some of the crap they call edible. Some of the candy tastes like chemicals and makes your body feel weird like you've been doing hard drugs. Makes some people paranoid and/or panicky too.
                            It's illegal to smoke weed in public in Colorado --- but I'm sure there'll be people vaping or chewing it at the Red Rocks show:

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              When I went to the Sam and Dave show there I noticed a lot less people were smoking pot. I took my trusty sneak a toke and kind of kept my smoking on the down low so to speak. A few people seemed to give me the stink eye but after I shared with one of them it turned out most of them wanted to partake too but didn't have any because they either quit or were scared they'd get busted smuggling it in. What's it been like on the tour so far as to people lighting up during the shows? I imagine plenty of people indulged in Washington but what about the other shows?
                              I brought mine, wasn't the stuff dave smelled tho
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                                About the 3:00 mark some dude runs onto the stage and starts showing ED his certificate of lunacy..or perhaps a recipe for soup..?

I thought our Elvis was black..?
                                that dude was runnin' back and forth behind us for awhile with that sign...then we watched him run between us and wolf and got taken down pretty good after he passed eddie

Comment

Working...