X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Catfish
    This time around they're ALL bringing it. And Wolf is at a new level--incredible.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

He made a few jokes at his own expense about making up lyrics, "I don't need no fuckin' teleprompter!"

There goes my "Ozzy monitor" suggestion....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

And Wolf is at a new level--incredible.

You can hear Wolf really well in that front row vid.... I'm not a gearhead, but sounds great.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Let my bass player hear it and he said it's too busy in places and should drop the distortion pedal but apart from that...

I'm less critical, it's not full Billy Sheehan which is too much on Van Halen but he's adding some to MA.

If you want the record, just listen to the record.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-16-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            What Wolf tweeted.

This doesn't look like a band that hates each other to me I think they have kissed and made up.
            This would have been a whole lot better if Brian May's Perm hadn't decided to go see the band and block the camera with his HUGE head!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ToraToraTora
              This would have been a whole lot better if Brian May's Perm hadn't decided to go see the band and block the camera with his HUGE head!!

Although to be fair I wouldn't want to be standing behind these people holding up their cameras...
              Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-16-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Let my bass player hear it and he said it's too busy in places and should drop the distortion pedal but apart from that...

I'm less critical, it's not full Billy Sheehan which is too much on Van Halen but he's adding some to MA.

If you want the record, just listen to the record.
                Yeah, I wouldn't say drop the distortion totally, but definitely turn it down, make it less muddy, it might make the busy-ness sound less busy, too.

Speaking of busy...
                This kid's reaction.

Last edited by BumBahDeeDah; 07-16-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I do think that little blast of distortion to his bass gives his contribution to the band a bit of a rhythm guitarist quality. I believe Ed once referred to him as a 'rhythm guitar on bass' or something like that.

He does play a little busy at times, but it's probably out of boredom in some cases. Check out just about any clip of RWTD. He jazzes that up a lot. I'm sure it's hard to resist once you've played "thump thump thump thump..." a few hundred times.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

well thank the dear lord in heaven there is somethin' else to bitch about
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Forgot to mention this in my review. Again, i don't know if this has been done in previous shows: During DTNA Dave talked about talking to Steven Tyler last year and how he's a legend and how he liked Dave's suit that day. Then as the song continued Dave said: "sing it like Aerosmith!" And did Tyler's trademark yeta-yeta-yeta-yeta screetch. LMAO! Never heard Dave give another singer props like that. Hilarious!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ToraToraTora
                        Another 'if it's the only thing to bitch about": Dave still sings "full top and top down", but hey...

And yes, it looks like Brian May's wig before the camera.

May they sound and get their kicks like this thoughout the tour, and release a goddamn DVD before Xmas!
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          I do think that little blast of distortion to his bass gives his contribution to the band a bit of a rhythm guitarist quality. I believe Ed once referred to him as a 'rhythm guitar on bass' or something like that.

He does play a little busy at times, but it's probably out of boredom in some cases. Check out just about any clip of RWTD. He jazzes that up a lot. I'm sure it's hard to resist once you've played "thump thump thump thump..." a few hundred times.
                          Think that's about it. A little more filler. Hard to argue his talent. And I am starting too think they recorded the wrong tour for a live album. Dave is getting his mojo back.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

From Malcolm Instagram...

PHOTO TAKEN BY @visions_of_rocknroll #wolfgangvanhalen #tagforlikes #tagstagram #instalike #vanhalen #davidleeroth #guitar #eddievanhalen #drums #diamonddave #legend #concert #evh #picoftheday #tour #alexvanhalen #edwardvanhalen #dlr #bass #instagood #music #rockandroll #ludwig #followme #photooftheday #dri #summer #boombox #mountaindew A photo posted by Malcolm Van Halen (@van_halen2015) on Jul 16, 2015 at 3:17pm PDT

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Calm before the storm #VanHalen #MountainView A photo posted by Patrick Bertinelli (@pbertinelli) on Jul 16, 2015 at 3:58pm PDT

Comment

Working...