X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Fairwrning
    Ill say its cool that Wolf has kept this band together.Only 1 new album in 8 years since reuniting speaks volumes.They are selling tickets and spreading the tunes and thats great.Im just getting old I guess.I dont ride roller coasters anymore either.
    we are goin' to six flags magic mountain next weekend, do they have a choo choo that goes around the park?
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      Is it too much to ask for a bit of a "show". That could be anything...I don't need a flock of midgets or dancing beaver or Animation. Just make it look like you thought about the audience and created something unique for the tour...if there was an album that would help.
      I am a bit surprised they didn't pack the DTNA girl along for the tour...

Hell... shoot off some fireworks during the opening song if they keep LUTS... these are mostly outdoor gigs!!
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        I am a bit surprised they didn't pack the DTNA girl along for the tour...

Hell... shoot off some fireworks during the opening song if they keep LUTS... these are mostly outdoor gigs!!

It's obvious they're not looking to spend a shitload of money on aesthetics....

Very bland stage, outside of the drum riser (oh yay).....

Even the video screen doesn't appear to be used nearly as much as the previous tours, not to mention it's half the size now....

I dunno, I think realistically it's what we should expect from 3 60'ish guys on stage for 2 hours....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Catfish
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Greenbuds
          I agree to a certain degree. I wish they would all come together in the middle like they used to for EWS. The Diver Down tour was the most choreographed show they did. Mike said they used to tape those shows just for that purpose. It also seems like they can't do some of that stuff because Ed is more wedded to his pedals these days.

...with that said, it's still a monster show. Like others have said and I said when I saw them last week at in SB, the YT videos do not do a live show justice. There is the tribal feeling and energy of the crowd. The great light show. Alex's drums pounding through your soul. The energy of the air being pushed through the speakers.

And most of all... the vibe set by Dave this time around. It's not caught with video clips. It's setup through the whole show. It's the same type of attitude they had in the early years. That's what was missing the last two tours. Like someone said, it was more like a Broadway version of Van Halen.

What Van Hagar fans do not get is that Van Halen is an attitude. They had zilch with Hagar. It was manufactured and cliched. They were lameness defined. I'm still pumped after seeing them last Saturday. I wasn't that excited going into the last two tours, this show has completely revived my spirit for VH. They are not and never will be what they were 30-40 years ago, but they are the best they can be at 60+ years old. Well, maybe 98%, LOL.

If you want to see what a 60+ sounds and looks like, check out the Hagar Ribfest videos from last week. He's fat, bloated and walks and sings like he is constipated. That guy is done! The guys in VH put him to shame now more than ever.

See this tour, you will be stoked.
          This is a great post. Hits a lot of my favorite hating points.
          Last edited by Catfish; 07-18-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Catfish
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Greenbuds
            I agree to a certain degree. I wish they would all come together in the middle like they used to for EWS. The Diver Down tour was the most choreographed show they did. Mike said they used to tape those shows just for that purpose. It also seems like they can't do some of that stuff because Ed is more wedded to his pedals these days.

...with that said, it's still a monster show. Like others have said and I said when I saw them last week at in SB, the YT videos do not do a live show justice. There is the tribal feeling and energy of the crowd. The great light show. Alex's drums pounding through your soul. The energy of the air being pushed through the speakers.

And most of all... the vibe set by Dave this time around. It's not caught with video clips. It's setup through the whole show. It's the same type of attitude they had in the early years. That's what was missing the last two tours. Like someone said, it was more like a Broadway version of Van Halen.

What Van Hagar fans do not get is that Van Halen is an attitude. They had zilch with Hagar. It was manufactured and cliched. They were lameness defined. I'm still pumped after seeing them last Saturday. I wasn't that excited going into the last two tours, this show has completely revived my spirit for VH. They are not and never will be what they were 30-40 years ago, but they are the best they can be at 60+ years old. Well, maybe 98%, LOL.

If you want to see what a 60+ sounds and looks like, check out the Hagar Ribfest videos from last week. He's fat, bloated and walks and sings like he is constipated. That guy is done! The guys in VH put him to shame now more than ever.

See this tour, you will be stoked.
            This is a great post. Hits a lot of my favorite hating points.

I actually looked up that video just now to see how fat and bloated that fuck is. Gave it 20 seconds and had to stop. What a faker. And is he really STILL pulling that shit where he dresses himself and the band members in the local sports team's attire to get cheap cheers?? What a motherfuckin sell out cocksuck. I'm sure his black guitar player is a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan... Die in a fire, fatboy.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

#EddieVanHalen #DiamondDave #MountainView #VanHalen #EVH #DLR A photo posted by Patrick Bertinelli (@pbertinelli) on Jul 18, 2015 at 12:52pm PDT
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Little Guitars!

Comment

Working...