Official August 7 Toronto, ON, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre Meetup/Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
    I like the ADKOT songs in the set. In fact, I'd like to see DTNA and I'll Wait eliminated for a couple more off that album. Honeybabysweetiedoll would work! I'd really prefer they eliminate the solo's and fill that time with songs. I'd also prefer Stay Frosty over Ice Cream Man, at this point.
    The crowd around me really dug DTNA last night...especially the women, so I dunno about that
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      The crowd around me really dug DTNA last night...especially the women, so I dunno about that
      They fucking dig Jump too, and I wouldn't give a flying fuck if they deleted it too. DTNA sucks. Defuckinglete it!!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
        Head Fluffer
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Nigel
        There are some people in this world who are extremely talented (Van Halen) and then there's a 'critic" writing for the shittiest Toronto newspaper. He probably thinks he's the John Williams that scores major motion pictures. . .

"Body Shirt with Tattoos adorned on it"? . . I may just email this guy and let him know what a hack "journalist" he is.
        It's obvious from the first sentence that he's a butthurt Hagar fan, and a quick look at his past "work" shows that he's used to covering pop treacle. He was blatantly trying to stir up shit, but all he got was 1 retweet & 1 favorite on Twitter -- both from the same person -- and a bunch of people kicking him around like a narc at a biker rally. He still only has like 15 followers. Also? His crap isn't even edited for grammar.

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
          It's obvious from the first sentence that he's a butthurt Hagar fan, and a quick look at his past "work" shows that he's used to covering pop treacle. He was blatantly trying to stir up shit, but all he got was 1 retweet & 1 favorite on Twitter -- both from the same person -- and a bunch of people kicking him around like a narc at a biker rally. He still only has like 15 followers. Also? His crap isn't even edited for grammar.
          Ha! that figures....
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

"I applaud Dave for doing what he does, despite the never ending criticism he endures, and will always endure. He didn’t earn the title of Diamond David Lee Roth with being truly a “diamond in the rough”. He’s the lead vocalist, (arguably not the world’s best) in, arguably, the world’s greatest rock band today. Pressure most of us would simply fold and cave from. Dave eats this for breakfast.. and smiles!"

I really like that, so true.....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              You should have found the gaywapo_rocker!
              Fuck you Von!!
              WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                Considering I was all by my lonesome, I would have, but never heard from him before I left....
                I actually was beside a young guy who couldn't have been more then 22, and this dude knew every lyric, just the way Dave sang it on the albums, was impressed to see that, I am guessing his parents raised him on VH, we had a blast rockin to the tunes.....
                You do realize Von blew you off because he's intimidated by your superior mullet...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  You do realize Von blew you off because he's intimidated by your superior mullet...
                  I dont have a mullet bonehead.....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Ignorant, racist, terribly written garbage from the @TorontoSUNPromo as per usual. The Anti Semitism is high in the Van Halen review. Gross.— Reed (@giv3nt0fly) August 9, 2015
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Congrats to full bong for going to his first Roth era Van Halen show!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

One of the best moments of the show was Dave's 4, yes 4 epic wolf screams in the last minute of ATBL...I have audio, but I'd rather find a YouTube, lol
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

Please post it. I can't find any YOU TUBE of it.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                            One of the best moments of the show was Dave's 4, yes 4 epic wolf screams in the last minute of ATBL...I have audio, but I'd rather find a YouTube, lol

Ask and ye shall receive (about 2:50 mark)....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                              Veteran
                              • May 2004

Thank you VA.

Why can't Dave put that effort into every song?

I don't get it how he seems to intentionally screw up some songs and then try harder on others.

Anyway that was pretty good.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Dave was really grooving on the crowd response which was really loud and appreciative. I think that matters to him
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...