Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official August 7 Toronto, ON, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre Meetup/Review Thread

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Van Halen tonight with the girls 😝🎸🎶 #vanhalen #davidleeroth #summer #concert #toronto #friends #love #music #life A video posted by Karengallagher 💖 (@karenriedelgallagher) on Aug 7, 2015 at 8:11pm PDT
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Eddie Van Halen tended to the sexual needs of an entire amphitheater— cameron bradley (@cambrads23) August 8, 2015

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

No time to say too much except to say that might have been the definitive version of ATBL from this tour. SO good.

It was packed and the crowd was loving it and the band appreciated the atmosphere. Drop Dead Legs was so promising but Dave could have kept in the groove of the song more instead of scatting around improv style it could have been the highlight of the night for me. Was such a treat to hear live though...awesome.

Dave was in good form and he and Ed seemed to genuinely get along. A funny part of the show occurred when Dave couldn't find his mike stand at the beginning of Beautiful Girls...he had the mic but not the stand but decided not to sing until he had both...the band looked around confused.

Dave ended up telling the band he was going to start from the beginning and he actually did really well with it I thought. Dave actually seemed to get stronger as the show went on. Killer show
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. 3 users say thank you to Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (08-08-2015),Droomer5150 (08-08-2015),TwoFoolsAMinute (08-08-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-26-2018 @ 11:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Even though all the pictures from the tour look the same, tonight's concert at The Molson Amphitheatre was fucking fantastic.
    It is SO much better to see them LIVE than watching youtubes. They are a well-oiled machine at this juncture in the tour.

Dave kept his banter short, his vocals were great throughout (except for the asshole on the soundboard) who didn't help make his muffled voice "clear". There wasn't one song "cringe worthy; even DTNA or I'll Wait. . .excellent job Dave!!!!

The band was tight but sounded slightly "phased/distorted" even though I was sitting dead centre and about 20 ft. behind the soundboard. I seriously wanted to go hit the fucker and tweak the controls myself. It could have been 100% when it was about a 93. I'm nitpicking here
    because the 2 hour show seemed like a 45 minute set; even though it had some peaks and valleys.

For me, the weak part were the 2 ADKOT songs, juxtaposed against the strength of the 6 pack. The setlist order is perfect and keeps your interest throughout. I would exchange my left testicle for a DVD of this tour and Roth was brilliant at keeping things moving along (even though
    you have to watch closely for any roundhouse kick etc. He knows when to back off and when to push forward in his performance and even my casual VH buddies who went with me thoroughly enjoyed the show.

There was one guy sitting 3 rows up and 10 feet to the right of me who was smoking Bob Marley sized reef, (every other song) and we thought it was actually the band's special effects. Kind of like those fog machines that are used to kill mosquitos at Caribbean resorts.

The only piss off is the fact that its all over way too soon and you wish you could travel with the roadies for a couple more gigs.

God I'm proud of this band and sure hope to hell we get a new album, tour and that they keep going. Alex is a beast at 62 and shows no signs of
    letting up. His solo was longer than usual and if anything I thought Eddies solo slightly lacked in entertainment value (particularly during Cathedral). Again, nitpicks because its too easy to say it was "awesome". You guys/gals here know what I mean.

Please; for anyone not sure about going, just go you will be so goddamned glad you did.

Over and Out. . . Nigel

6. 8 users say thank you to Nigel for this KICKASS post:

binnie (08-08-2015),DavidLeeNatra (08-08-2015),Jrme Frenchise (08-08-2015),PETE'S BROTHER (08-16-2015),TwoFoolsAMinute (08-08-2015),twonabomber (08-08-2015),vandeleur (08-08-2015),Von Halen (08-08-2015)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am going to have to agree on the ADKOT songs, although they could keep China Town as Ed and Wolf make that song pretty damn cool. Actually, I want that one to stay now that I think about it.

The best part of the show was being close enough to see the band looks to be enjoying each other's company.

This venue was a great one, but based on some of the attendance numbers from other venues I have to question the entire outdoor amphitheatre concert agenda. I mean California is beyond sold out...tix going for over $300 in the aftermarket, but what about the lesser markets?

I know Von will say its just like the backyard party days etc, but do you really think our demographic generally wants to go stand in a field for a concert?

Just saying. Especially if we are talking about 150 bucks plus people want to have transit options and no logistical nightmares.

For many of these shows that just isn't the case. I like it, but I think for some cities, the numbers speak for themselves. Those ones would be far better off with traditional arenas.

It was a big party last night and I met some great peeps who thought I had the Roth Army shirt made up for shits and giggles.

8. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (08-08-2015)

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-21-2015 @ 04:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Checking the newspaper sites, don't see any reviews.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    A funny part of the show occurred when Dave couldn't find his mike stand at the beginning of Beautiful Girls...he had the mic but not the stand but decided not to sing until he had both...the band looked around confused.

Dave ended up telling the band he was going to start from the beginning and he actually did really well with it I thought.
    I remember that, I was on the lawn, so I wasn't really sure what happened.....They had the 2 tv screens on the left and right, but they weren't very big, but I didn't care, you could feel the music in your bones.....
    Last edited by Full Bug; 08-08-2015 at 09:33 AM.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/08...ibe-in-toronto

David Lee Roth ruins Van Halen's vibe in Toronto

BY JOHN WILLIAMS, POSTMEDIA NETWORK
    FIRST POSTED: SATURDAY, AUGUST 08, 2015 09:06 AM EDT | UPDATED: SATURDAY, AUGUST 08, 2015 09:16 AM EDT

Artist: Van Halen

TORONTO - "Hey Eddie, can you see if Sammy Hagar is still available?"

After Friday night's two-hour performance by the David Lee Roth-led Van Halen at the sold-out Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto, some may be asking that very question that I just posed.

And, really, it's damn shame. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen has clearly got his mojo back - he's playing, sounding and looking better than he ever has - it's really a testament to a man who is focused on keeping the demons of his past in the past, and hes clearly fallen in love with music again - you can see it on the glowing smile on his face.

No, we're definitely not referring to him. Nor his son/bassist Wolfgang (even though yours truly has a soft spot for former bassist Michael Anthony), or to trustworthy backstopper Alex Van Halen.

We're looking straight at you, Diamond Dave.

Singer Roth seems to be eyeing a career in old Las Vegas, what with all his wardrobe changes right in the middle of the show (which included a body shirt with tattoos adorned on it - so badass!), the way he struts around in a slow-paced fashion, or how he expects a response from the crowd every time he smiles at them.

And let's be realistic. We weren't expecting the same leg kicks from yesteryear (and he thankfully left the spandex pants at home), nor were we waiting for the high-pitched "Wooooos!" and "Ohhhs!" We were, however, hoping for more than a half-assed lounge singer. And an excruciatingly bad one at that. This cannot be the same guy who made caterwauling and being a rock frontman an art form.

Roth spent a good chunk of the time talking or sometimes mumbling -through a lot of Van Halen staples on this night, including Runnin' With the Devil, Everybody Wants Some!!, Hot For Teacher, Panama and their 1981 classic, Unchained which was barely recognizable.

I mean, even Eddie Van Halen has admitted that Roth is the guy that fans want to see, but at least on this night, those in attendance may be rethinking that standard party line.

And any notion that Eddie Van Halen and Roth don't get along (as mentioned in the revealing EVH/Billboard interview from a few months back), was dispelled early on, with the two interacting frequently, whether it was smiling at each other while sharing the same microphone or gleefully admiring one another from the either end of the stage. Or perhaps they are both just supreme professionals, and it's no different than you and I being mildly affable with an extremely annoying co-worker.

The group is smack dab in the middle of an ambitious 40-date tour which runs into October. Given the band's tumultuous history, one wouldn't be too far off in thinking that it may not have gotten to this point. But it has.

Roths night wasnt a complete disaster. He showed shades of his old voice on tracks like Aint Talkin Bout Love, Hot For Teacher and a stellar version of Little Guitars, with EVH lighting up the crowd with some sizzling guitar work and backing vocals.

Opening for VH was axeman Kenny Wayne Shepherd, whose backing band seemed bored of the proceedings, and who could blame them. Most of the tunes were just one giant set-up for his long, meandering guitar solos that left the smattering of people in attendance heading for the concession stands.

Twitter: @johnwillms

Email: john.williams@sunmedia.ca

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Before the show, I was by myself, so I had the guy sitting next to me take a pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. 3 users say thank you to Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-08-2015),twonabomber (08-08-2015),Von Halen (08-08-2015)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don;t know who that douche JOHN WILLIAMS is, but everyone kicked ass....
    As far as Dave goes, I actually noticed he didn't talk as much during the show as he sometimes does.....

15. 3 users say thank you to Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Nigel (08-08-2015),VAiN (08-08-2015),Von Halen (08-08-2015)

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 03:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It was a great show! :-) Fricken awesome to be 12 rows from the stage centre :-) Would love to go again soon :-)

17. 2 users say thank you to CdnDlrfan for this KICKASS post:

TwoFoolsAMinute (08-08-2015),Von Halen (08-08-2015)

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post

FIRST POSTED: SATURDAY, AUGUST 08, 2015 09:06 AM EDT | UPDATED: SATURDAY, AUGUST 08, 2015 09:16 AM EDT

After Friday night's two-hour performance by the David Lee Roth-led Van Halen at the sold-out Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto, some may be asking that very question that I just posed.

And, really, it's damn shame. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen has clearly got his mojo back - he's playing, sounding and looking better than he ever has - it's really a testament to a man who is focused on keeping the demons of his past in the past, and hes clearly fallen in love with music again - you can see it on the glowing smile on his face.

No, we're definitely not referring to him. Nor his son/bassist Wolfgang (even though yours truly has a soft spot for former bassist Michael Anthony), or to trustworthy backstopper Alex Van Halen.

Singer Roth seems to be eyeing a career in old Las Vegas, what with all his wardrobe changes right in the middle of the show (which included a body shirt with tattoos adorned on it - so badass!), the way he struts around in a slow-paced fashion, or how he expects a response from the crowd every time he smiles at them.

And let's be realistic. We weren't expecting the same leg kicks from yesteryear (and he thankfully left the spandex pants at home), nor were we waiting for the high-pitched "Wooooos!" and "Ohhhs!" We were, however, hoping for more than a half-assed lounge singer. And an excruciatingly bad one at that. This cannot be the same guy who made caterwauling and being a rock frontman an art form.

Roth spent a good chunk of the time talking or sometimes mumbling -through a lot of Van Halen staples on this night, including Runnin' With the Devil, Everybody Wants Some!!, Hot For Teacher, Panama and their 1981 classic, Unchained which was barely recognizable.

I mean, even Eddie Van Halen has admitted that Roth is the guy that fans want to see, but at least on this night, those in attendance may be rethinking that standard party line.

And any notion that Eddie Van Halen and Roth don't get along (as mentioned in the revealing EVH/Billboard interview from a few months back), was dispelled early on, with the two interacting frequently, whether it was smiling at each other while sharing the same microphone or gleefully admiring one another from the either end of the stage. Or perhaps they are both just supreme professionals, and it's no different than you and I being mildly affable with an extremely annoying co-worker.

The group is smack dab in the middle of an ambitious 40-date tour which runs into October. Given the band's tumultuous history, one wouldn't be too far off in thinking that it may not have gotten to this point. But it has.

Roths night wasnt a complete disaster. He showed shades of his old voice on tracks like Aint Talkin Bout Love, Hot For Teacher and a stellar version of Little Guitars, with EVH lighting up the crowd with some sizzling guitar work and backing vocals.

Opening for VH was axeman Kenny Wayne Shepherd, whose backing band seemed bored of the proceedings, and who could blame them. Most of the tunes were just one giant set-up for his long, meandering guitar solos that left the smattering of people in attendance heading for the concession stands.

He's a sheep.

We should hammer his Twitter account.

@johnwillms

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bug View Post
    I don;t know who that douche JOHN WILLIAMS is, but everyone kicked ass....
    As far as Dave goes, I actually noticed he didn't talk as much during the show as he sometimes does.....
    You're absolutely right here. I think we should all turn up at his office and beat the piss out of him. I'm critical but there's no way anything negative could be directed towards Dave last night. This guy and the sound guy should be sent to Devils Island for a few years with no hope of escape. . .

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

21. 8 users say thank you to guwapo_rocker for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (08-08-2015),Droomer5150 (08-08-2015),GreenEyedMurder (08-09-2015),Seshmeister (08-08-2015),TwoFoolsAMinute (08-08-2015),vandeleur (08-08-2015),Von Halen (08-08-2015),ZahZoo (08-08-2015)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guwapo_rocker View Post
    Cool!

23. 2 users say thank you to Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Nigel (08-08-2015),TwoFoolsAMinute (08-08-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

After Friday night's two-hour performance by the David Lee Roth-led Van Halen at the sold-out Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto, some may be asking that very question.

Singer Roth seems to be eyeing a career in old Las Vegas, what with all his wardrobe changes right in the middle of the show (which included a body shirt with tattoos adorned on it - so badass!)

There are some people in this world who are extremely talented (Van Halen) and then there's a 'critic" writing for the shittiest Toronto newspaper. He probably thinks he's the John Williams that scores major motion pictures. . .

"Body Shirt with Tattoos adorned on it"? . . I may just email this guy and let him know what a hack "journalist" he is.

25. Thanked Nigel for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (08-08-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,982 Posts

I like the ADKOT songs in the set. In fact, I'd like to see DTNA and I'll Wait eliminated for a couple more off that album. Honeybabysweetiedoll would work! I'd really prefer they eliminate the solo's and fill that time with songs. I'd also prefer Stay Frosty over Ice Cream Man, at this point.

27. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-08-2015),Guitar Shark (08-19-2015),guwapo_rocker (08-08-2015)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"Half-assed lounge singer"? Fuck this guy, Dave was on last night....

29. Thanked Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Nigel (08-08-2015)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I'd also prefer Stay Frosty over Ice Cream Man, at this point.
    Agreed, although I do like what he is doing now with the harmonica....

31. Thanked Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (08-08-2015)

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

33. 4 users say thank you to guwapo_rocker for this KICKASS post:

CdnDlrfan (08-08-2015),FORD (08-08-2015),Nigel (08-08-2015),wiseguy (08-08-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Agreed, although I do like what he is doing now with the harmonica....
    Love the harmonica. I'd like to see Dave do a true solo tour. Him, a harmonica and an accoustic guitar.

35. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-08-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Love the harmonica. I'd like to see Dave do a true solo tour. Him, a harmonica and an accoustic guitar.
    Be careful what you wish for. It may be great in small doses. . . .

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. It may be great in small doses. . . .
    I disagree. I'm talking a small club gig. Just jamming and doing tunes. I think it would be great.

38. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-08-2015)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

I am glad to read real reviews instead of shit from people in third world cuntries who won't have a chance to see this tour anyways, and shit from people who should be catching up on their back child support instead of begging for money to buy a ticket to a show.

40. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (08-08-2015)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I disagree. I'm talking a small club gig. Just jamming and doing tunes. I think it would be great.
    Yeah, that would great, picture a dark smoky club seating no more then 100, how cool would that be?

42. Thanked Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-08-2015)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

1500 seater, max.

Good to see you made it to the show, Bug.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    1500 seater, max.

Good to see you made it to the show, Bug.
    Ok, 1500 would be good, as long as it had that dark atmosphere....
    Thanx Twona, glad I made it too, what a great night....Although I didn't get to meet Ed and Wolf like you lucky bastards....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thanx Twona, glad I made it too, what a great night....Although I didn't get to meet Ed and Wolf like you lucky bastards....
    You should have found the gaywapo_rocker!

46. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-08-2015),Full Bug (08-08-2015),guwapo_rocker (08-09-2015)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You should have found the gaywapo_rocker!
    Considering I was all by my lonesome, I would have, but never heard from him before I left....
    I actually was beside a young guy who couldn't have been more then 22, and this dude knew every lyric, just the way Dave sang it on the albums, was impressed to see that, I am guessing his parents raised him on VH, we had a blast rockin to the tunes.....

48. Thanked Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-09-2015)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Yeah, that would great, picture a dark smoky club seating no more then 100, how cool would that be?
    How big is that club in Toronto where the Stones usually start their tours?

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Phoenix Concert Theatre or the El Mocambo would be the ones.....

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Finally, a review from someone who gets it.....

http://www.vhnd.com/2015/08/07/van-halen-toronto-2015/

http://design39media. com / van-halen-live-at-molson-amphitheatre-toronto/

August 7, 2015 Toronto Ontario

Making stop two of two on the Canadian leg of their 2015 Tour, Van Halen delivered in fine fashion at the Live Nation Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto.

Weather was perfect, not as cold as their first Canadian stop two nights prior in London Ontario. Those in shorts and t-shirts were perfectly comfortable throughout the evening, despite being right on the waterfront.

Upon arriving at the venue just prior to 6:00pm, Van Halen was taking the stage for soundcheck, running through fan favourites like Light Up The Sky, Drop Dead Legs, Running With The Devil and more.

The first noticeable improvement over the London show, was production quality. While opening act Kenny Wayne Shepherd ripped through his short soulful, yet virtuoso blues set, you knew right there and then that sound quality was in the favour of all audience members. Loud, yet pristine and defined. I cannot say the same for the London production, however we are not fairly comparing apples to apples here, as London was the first concert of sorts for the Western Fair District.

8:15 was check in time with Live Nation media, which ran a bit closer to 8:30. We were amongst others including CityTV, and one of legendary rock photographer Neil Zlozowers best friends and professional photographer as well, and escorted to the barrier at the front of the stage. Luckily I was able to firmly plant myself and make a new 15 minute home on Eddies side of the stage.

Being the gear hound and lifetime fan of mentor Eddie Van Halen, I snapped a few pix of his amps (both on stage, and side stage) solely for my own selfishness, but knew the die hard EVH fans would appreciate as well.

At 8:45pm, Alex hopped up to his kit, followed by dramatic side stage entrances from father and son Van Halen members Eddie & Wolfgang, and completing the dynamic foursome was Diamond David Lee Roth himself.

Electricity in the air was everywhere instantly, and the crowd simply lost their minds. Alexs intro of thundering drum fills provided the concrete pillar foundation for Eddies scorching and screaming dive bombed, tapping frenzied opening statement. That very 30 seconds let Toronto Ontario know, that Pssst, Van Halen is here!

It was hard to truly appreciate the first three songs of Van Halens set, as I was snapping photos and truly caught up in the moment. It was tough as here I am lifelong fan of Eddie Van Halen, and instead of watching him from front of stage, I was there on a task, to capture him with the camera.

After the first three songs concluded, (which felt like a mere 60 seconds, while actually being closer to 15 minutes) all of us in the media group, were ushered back to security posts and most vanished into the surroundings.

I checked my gear, then re-entered the venue to watch the concert with my friend who came with me, along with my 9 year old son (his first Van Halen concert mind you).

The concert was brilliant start to finish. Ive already spoken on the production value of this venue, but performance wise, it was top notch. Sure Daves vocals have some issues here and there, but he is a human being, still doing what he loves, still doing what the die hard Van Halen fans love, and most importantly, rounding out the rock and roll quartet that weve all loved for decade after decade. He never was the worlds greatest singer, we know and he knows it. He doesnt try to be. What he does however, is his job, leading & conducting the band from gut wrenching classic after classic, in true ringmaster style. The other members of Van Halen hang on every cue Dave throws their way.

I applaud Dave for doing what he does, despite the never ending criticism he endures, and will always endure. He didnt earn the title of Diamond David Lee Roth with being truly a diamond in the rough. Hes the lead vocalist, (arguably not the worlds best) in, arguably, the worlds greatest rock band today. Pressure most of us would simply fold and cave from. Dave eats this for breakfast.. and smiles!

Eddie pulled out another memorable guitar solo during his spotlight, treating Toronto to what theyve come to expect, with snippets from Eruption, Cathedral, Spanish Fly and more, along with some sub sonic, dropped to hell Octave pedal riffage that entered through your ears, shot down to your stomach and then blasted out your back with ballistic force.

Im safely going to say that this was the best Van Halen concert I seen since the late 80s. Im also ecstatic to have shot this show.

A huge kudos to Live Nation staff and my other colleagues that were shooting with me. You were all a class act.

Thank you Toronto, and thank you Alex, Wolfgang, Dave & Eddie, the Mighty Van Halen, for a night I and my 9 year old son will never forget.
    Last edited by Full Bug; 08-08-2015 at 07:25 PM.

52. 5 users say thank you to Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-09-2015),atomicpnk47 (08-08-2015),CdnDlrfan (08-08-2015),DLR Bridge (08-09-2015),twonabomber (08-08-2015)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wasn't cold Wednesday night. You Canadians should be used to the cold!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 03:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Great review - that person "did get it". Dave was right on last night - awesome, awesome show. Best Van Halen concert I have ever been to. Finally got to live the dream of being close to the stage :-) Can't wait to do it again :-)

55. Thanked CdnDlrfan for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-09-2015)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-22-2016 @ 07:49 AM
    Status
    Thanks

"I don't where that critic is right now but...I'm right here babeh!" - Ice Cream Man Largo 1982 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO1_e5GxNUM

57. Thanked Droomer5150 for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (08-16-2015)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I like the ADKOT songs in the set. In fact, I'd like to see DTNA and I'll Wait eliminated for a couple more off that album. Honeybabysweetiedoll would work! I'd really prefer they eliminate the solo's and fill that time with songs. I'd also prefer Stay Frosty over Ice Cream Man, at this point.
    The crowd around me really dug DTNA last night...especially the women, so I dunno about that

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    The crowd around me really dug DTNA last night...especially the women, so I dunno about that
    They fucking dig Jump too, and I wouldn't give a flying fuck if they deleted it too. DTNA sucks. Defuckinglete it!!

60. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-09-2015)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    02-26-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    There are some people in this world who are extremely talented (Van Halen) and then there's a 'critic" writing for the shittiest Toronto newspaper. He probably thinks he's the John Williams that scores major motion pictures. . .

"Body Shirt with Tattoos adorned on it"? . . I may just email this guy and let him know what a hack "journalist" he is.
    It's obvious from the first sentence that he's a butthurt Hagar fan, and a quick look at his past "work" shows that he's used to covering pop treacle. He was blatantly trying to stir up shit, but all he got was 1 retweet & 1 favorite on Twitter -- both from the same person -- and a bunch of people kicking him around like a narc at a biker rally. He still only has like 15 followers. Also? His crap isn't even edited for grammar.

62. 2 users say thank you to GreenEyedMurder for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-09-2015),Full Bug (08-09-2015)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedMurder View Post
    It's obvious from the first sentence that he's a butthurt Hagar fan, and a quick look at his past "work" shows that he's used to covering pop treacle. He was blatantly trying to stir up shit, but all he got was 1 retweet & 1 favorite on Twitter -- both from the same person -- and a bunch of people kicking him around like a narc at a biker rally. He still only has like 15 followers. Also? His crap isn't even edited for grammar.
    Ha! that figures....

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"I applaud Dave for doing what he does, despite the never ending criticism he endures, and will always endure. He didnt earn the title of Diamond David Lee Roth with being truly a diamond in the rough. Hes the lead vocalist, (arguably not the worlds best) in, arguably, the worlds greatest rock band today. Pressure most of us would simply fold and cave from. Dave eats this for breakfast.. and smiles!"

I really like that, so true.....

65. Thanked Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-09-2015)

Thread Information