Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vaijuju
    Sniper
    • Jan 2008

Why put a 2012 pic of Dave and Eddie ? ..didn't allowed to put pics of the show, sad for a rewiever !
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      Tough life in your Mum's basement?
      Haha! Nah, my office is recessed in a corner. On the good side, I can see all of the cubicle people melting from all of the sun pouring in through the shadeless windows.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        Haha! Nah, my office is recessed in a corner. On the good side, I can see all of the cubicle people melting from all of the sun pouring in through the shadeless windows.
        Truth is...I work a lot of time in MY basement...it's got a constant and comfortable temperature. And a window!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Not to derail this thread bustling with show feedback but do you do all of your voice-over work from home?

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Little Guitars

It´s nice to see Eddie so happy.

Comment

• Momshell
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

I was gonna try to write a review later...but I wanted to make a couple of quick comments. One of the things that stood out for me in this show was Eddie. He was so happy and having so much fun. Interacting with the crowd. Even did a flying Eddie at the end of his solo!!
              Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Am not surprised ed is happier than a dog with two cocks he is on fire
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VetteLS5
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  Am not surprised ed is happier than a dog with two cocks he is on fire
                  Then this guy must be over the moon...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Not to derail this thread bustling with show feedback but do you do all of your voice-over work from home?
                    That's where I do the translations

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Why do all critics knock costume change rather than applaud it? Is a show not visual?
                      If it were a woman performing... costume changes would be the norm and almost expected.

Male rock singers... not so much.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        If it were a woman performing... costume changes would be the norm and almost expected.

Male rock singers... not so much.
                        Yeah, I suppose that's just the macho mind set the majority of Rock audiences are conditioned for. I like that Dave switches his appearance up a bit during the show. Just another part of his showmanship side that will go down being mocked rather than replicated. No more Diamond Daves out there, far as I can tell.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Wow, not to echo Eddie Trunk, perish the thought, but Dave really is SINGING better than he did 30 plus years ago. That "aaannyy time" in Little Guitars never sounded better, coming from him. The screams are diminished, but the singing is improved and he doesn't drop complete lines from the songs as he once did (not referring to the "I forgot the fucking words" shtick).

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2012

Wow, not to echo Eddie Trunk, perish the thought, but Dave really is SINGING better than he did 30 plus years ago. That "aaannyy time" in Little Guitars never sounded better, coming from him. The screams are diminished, but the singing is improved and he doesn't drop complete lines from the songs as he once did (not referring to the "I forgot the fucking words" shtick).
                            He does seem to be putting in more effort relative to sticking closer to the songs vocally, lyric wise, etc. China Town is a good example. He killed that song (in a bad way) in 12-13, but he's been really good with that song on this tour.

From what I've seen/heard, his patchier moments seem to come in two flavors- for whatever reason, he tries to be louder or in a different (usually higher) register than the backing vocals. Dave! The background vocals are your friend! Ride 'em cowboy! His other thing is reaching unnecessarily for higher notes. i'm talking about outside the framework of the song. In my mind, if he cleaned up a couple of things, he'd probably be as close to 07-08 as he can get these days.

Minor gripes aside, I think Dave has been in very good form this tour. Couple that with the Van Halens putting foot to ass every night and I can see why fans are really enjoying themselves and loving these shows.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

I watched most of this show. These guy's killed it !! Dave included !!! Ed is just playing awesome !! Dave has been hit or miss from one song too the next but I thought he was really great on this show. If they release anything live from this tour this show might be it !! Great fucking show guy's !!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                                If they release anything live from this tour this show might be it !! Great fucking show guy's !!!
                                Should they consider doing a live video release of this tour, they'd have to go through and find the best versions of each song and patch it all together.

Comment

Working...