Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official August 13/15 Wantagh, NY, Nikon At Jones Beach Theater Meetup/Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Hey all, me and JHale got the chance to hang out for a couple hours last night in LA. Just as I thought, Jay is extremely cool, great to finally meet him in person....

After a 120 mile drive from San Diego that only took 4 1/2 hours, hit the Hard Rock Hollywood at CityWalk where the giant EVH guitar is, and then picked Jay up.

Hit the Rainbow to grab a bite to eat (helluva good selection of food, by the way).... Funny, Jay was talking about rockstars coming into the joint like Lemmy, etc., when just as he said that Sebastian Bach walks in.... Dude is surprisingly tall, like 6'5".... We pay our bill, go the door to grab a couple shot glasses, and Bach comes out at the same time, telling his friends they're going down to the Viper Room.....

Then we walked down the block to Whisky.... Really surprising how small the place is, given the historical significance of the place... Envisioned VH blowing that place up back in the day (no, I did NOT envision Van Hagarita there).... Some lame band was playing, and loud....

Anyway, great to hang with Jay, as it has been for the other Army members I've met over the years.....
    That's cool. I was just at all those places in June. Didn't realize JHale was that close. Did you see the Van Halen brick in the wall of the Rainbow Va?

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
      That's cool. I was just at all those places in June. Didn't realize JHale was that close. Did you see the Van Halen brick in the wall of the Rainbow Va?

No, saw one of his guitars up on the wall.... It was pretty busy in there....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by chuckjitsu View Post
        What's your assessment of Dave's vocals? He's sounded really good on the vids. I'd assume he'd sound good live too, but there is a difference between the vids and live for sure.
        The YouTubes really don't do it justice...Dave sounds amazing! Better than '07-'08 and definitely better than '12. He's really loose and comfortable up there. The ultimate showman. Hysterical and badass. Saw them 4 times and he's been better and better with each show. I have one more to go. Wish I had more. Can't seem to get enough!
        Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
          Dave holding a cigarette. He's Babe Ruth woofing down hot dogs and beer while knocking the cover off of the ball.
          But I wonder, if he DIDN'T smoke?

Comment

8.15.2015 Full show
            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

Thanks for posting the vid Vaijuju

Comment

Anyone seen/read any "pro" reviews for the 8/15 show? I'm curious because I thought Dave sounded great, so if any review bitches about his vocals, I'd really like to know how he could've been better.

Comment

Originally posted by vaijuju View Post

8.15.2015 Full show
                  Man, what a great night! There is some real magic happening on stage with these guys. I don't think the camaraderie is put on. There is a mutual appreciation to where they are that is evident. And to all those who counted Dave out...the screams, the swagger. He is once again proving what a bad ass he is on that stage.

Comment

Originally posted by BumBahDeeDah View Post
                    But I wonder, if he DIDN'T smoke?
                    Why waste the brain cycles..?

He's 60... he's survived all life has thrown at him and entertained well for over 40 years. He can pull off a 2+ hour intense rock-n-roll performance and doesn't need to hit an oxygen tank... seems he's fine enough to me without fussing over smoking...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by chuckjitsu View Post
                      Anyone seen/read any "pro" reviews for the 8/15 show? I'm curious because I thought Dave sounded great, so if any review bitches about his vocals, I'd really like to know how he could've been better.
                      He's still off on some stuff. Like Dance The Night Away. But I think it is senseless criticism for the most part. But on the other hand HE is the one doing it & doesn't have too. I swear when he hit's that upper register he is almost trying too rush the song or something. He did it on a few lines of Romeo also. No way he is as good as 07/08, but it's close too his best singing overall. It is what it is. Dave at 60 !!! Thought he was great on most everything else. 2 show's here ? Take the best of both and give us a god dam dvd already !!! I love the swagger and revealing stories he's been sharing. Great stuff !! Great tour.

Comment

Think it's almost time too change up the setlist. No ??

Comment

Working...
                        X