Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Never was has a point with the rhetoric from both sides I've said it time and time again - the extremes on both sides spend all their time hollerin' and nothing gets done. And Kristy is right cause we gots to figure out a way to keep crazies from getting guns.

Banning certain types of firearms won't do the trick. There are exactly 7 gazillion AR style rifles in the US today. If the gubment bans new sales and requires current owners to register them most people who own one are gonna suddenly forget they have one. And if Crazy Charlie can't buy a so-called assault rifle then he's just gonna buy a shotgun or some other high powered rifle to carry out his fucked-in-the-head mission.

And Hill Dawg getting back on the "sue the gun manufacturers" idea is insane. You don't sue Ford if you get hit by a drunk driver and your new bad ass Challenger gets wrecked all to hell.

If you want to cut down on gun violence then you force every single person who's buying a handgun or long gun to pass a background check administered in the county in which they reside. It won't prevent criminals from carrying out illegal sales but it would close the loophole any states have that allow people to make an individual to individual sale, including gun shows.

The tough part is how to stop the crazies from getting a gun. Would a psych evaluation paid for by the applicant do the trick? Who's going to administer it? Who's going to make the determination that you're a nut case but Kristy isn't? Future intent is pretty hard to predict.

We could prevent these types of shootings from occurring if the gubment rounded up all weapons except for those that are single shot. But again, most people are gonna have a terminal case of amnesia if the Law Man shows up and says lemme see your guns. And the criminals certainly ain't gonna suddenly develop a conscience and turn theirs in.

The problem isn't guns. The problem is we've got a fucked up segment of society that, while extremely small, carries out these mass murders mostly just for notoriety.

So tighten up background checks, slap a waiting period on handgun purchases beginning the day an application for purchase is approved, require a safety/training class to be paid for by the applicant. Those are things we can do today without infringing on anybody's Second Amendment rights.

And we need to rethink these so-called Gun Free Zones. Or just rename them what they are - Murder Magnets.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    That would be France,and those 3 Americans were 2 Americans and a pensioner from England ... It's like fucking ww2 again
    While the 4 French train guards ran and locked themselves in their guard room...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    While the 4 French train guards ran and locked themselves in their guard room...
    Maybe they had booze in there!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Why is it that some people who think they have a higher IQ than everyone else can't tell the difference between a comment made in jest and a serious one? I'm an agnostic. Unlike you and your skirt wearing comrade I don't claim to have answers to questions there are no undeniable answers to like how life was created.

Life was created in my house when too much alcohol mixed with a women lowering her under kit and her standards

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

No on has a gun at my kids school and no one gets shot ....... Just saying

Its probably the English pensioners in the yard to collect the kids puts the crazies off.
    Last edited by vandeleur; 10-05-2015 at 02:13 PM.

6. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (10-06-2015)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The clown in the video doesn't think mental illness causes people to commit mass murders but I think you'd have to be mentally ill to do such a thing. Mentally stable people realize they're going to probably end up dead or behind bars for the rest of their lives if they act upon impulses such as those and just let those violent thoughts pass. Who hasn't thought about killing somebody but didn't because they knew there would be consequences for doing so even if they got away with it. If you can be brainwashed into thinking you're gonna be rewarded by your creator for killing people who don't think or look like you do you're mentally unstable.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    Hey fantasy SMChick, you still alive. Not a psuedo anything but how do keep a registry of mentally ill but yet not violate medical record privacy laws?
    Do you all read that? See, this is how a god damn liberal will get you killed - literally.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Do you all read that? See, this is how a god damn liberal will get you killed - literally.
    SMChick, I think Ford as the resident voice of the liberal point of view may find calling me liberal offensive but if you wish ok I am a big fat flaming liberal.

Now moving past that the question remains how do you create a national registry of mentally ill? Is it those declared in a court to be legally incompetent because that is a really small number? Is it anyone prescribed a psychotropic drug? If so that is a huge number and back to how do you create that without violating privacy laws? I don't know the answer or claim that there is one right one but it is not simple in reality. Rhetoric is easy, policy that is easy has really bad unintended consequences regardless or conservative or liberal origin. This also then opens to how we dispense and prescribe these drugs, etc... There are many hard decisions and you can't find them in a simple label.
    Last edited by Never was; 10-05-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    SMChick, I think Ford as the resident voice of the liberal point of view may find calling me liberal offensive but if you wish ok I am a big fat flaming liberal.
    Yes you are, you pedantic, pathetic, pillow bitter of possibly puerile pussy pus.

Now moving past that the question remains how do you create a national registry of mentally ill?
    Who is talking about a registry, hippie? Take Cafaggerslob here for exampies: say he goes in and says to his social worker like he is going to kill someone and has plans to do so BINGO! He loses the right to in possession of a gun. How is that any god damn different from placing a mental health hold on someone? The you flag all the asses of all the other crazie pansies you liberals love to fellatio so that they cannot legally purchase a weapon, or be in possession of a weapon. No HIPPA laws are violated and it's not much different from what felons go through. So.Do.Shut.The.Fuck.Up.

I swear, you uber-rich college boy liberals. So fucking hellbent on having the violently mentally ill have their ways.

Get the fuck out of this thread.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Looks like WARF missed one:

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Now moving past that the question remains how do you create a national registry of mentally ill? Is it those declared in a court to be legally incompetent because that is a really small number? Is it anyone prescribed a psychotropic drug? If so that is a huge number and back to how do you create that without violating privacy laws? I don't know the answer or claim that there is one right one but it is not simple in reality. Rhetoric is easy, policy that is easy has really bad unintended consequences regardless or conservative or liberal origin. This also then opens to how we dispense and prescribe these drugs, etc... There are many hard decisions and you can't find them in a simple label.
    The database needs to be created in such a way that all that's visible to a gun seller is a red flag, saying "This person cannot buy a gun or ammo".

It's not their concern WHY that is the case. So whether they are a convicted felon, or mentally ill, it's still the same "red flag", at least from what the gun seller can see. And yes, being prescribed an SSRI drug should put somebody into that database. These drugs even have warning labels that admit that they will make some people "suicidal" (and from there, it's not a huge leap to "homicidal", especially for those people who can't kill themselves, but have to manipulate somebody else into doing it (like cops, for example)

...so yeah, I have no problem with anybody with those particular toxic chemicals rolling around in their head being prohibited from buying weapons & ammo, as long as it's done in a way where the particulars of their mental illness remains private.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The database needs to be created in such a way that all that's visible to a gun seller is a red flag, saying "This person cannot buy a gun or ammo".
    Exactly, Bernie Boy! This is pretty much already what happens with convicted felons. And it would not violate HIPPA laws because a gun seller would have no need to know the reason why the name is flagged. But oh no! Can't have that kind of common sense with liberals like Never buzzed around. I'm surprised uber-rich college boy takes the timeout of his high rise Cheery Creek gentrification loft to condescend to us with his brilliant ideas.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ford I agree the SSRI drugs should be a flag and an open discussion of how they are prescribed. But creating a database will dictate reporting identifying information to the gov't. which indeed will violate current law or require re-classification with the result being uniting the NRA and ACLU. Currently C2 at many state levels captures patient identifying information it does not at the federal level, it is an RFID system for that reason. You also have the issue what do you do if a legal gun owner is prescribed, do police confiscate the gun? If not surrender does the gun owner essentially get arrested? Will this cause some to avoid treatment?

I agree with the sentiment, I just think to be effective it requires some big decisions in balancing privacy, protection, how we treat, and how we enforce. Just not simple and if those issues don't get coordinated policy can create more unintended consequence. There is a huge correlation between SSRI and mass killings, so I'm with you Ford.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

It's survival in the Cherry Creek when you live from day to day. Cherry Creek people don't have much pity, "fuck the poor" that's what they say.

~Joe Walsh
    Last edited by Kristy; 10-05-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wonder how many people take Prozac but never kill anybody. And now someone will say "But everybody that commits a mass shooting is on dem dere drugs!!" That's kinda like saying most terrorists are Muslims, ain't it?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And I don't take drugs so it doesn't affect me. But if we're gonna start ruling out Prozac and the like we might as well toss weed in the no no bucket. Maybe require people applying for a new permit to pee in a cup or give a hair sample. And I don't care if weed doesn't make people violent. High is high. Same as how it's illegal to carry with booze in your system. ANY booze.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wish I could get me some of that gun lobby money. I'd buy more guns!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I wish I could get me some of that gun lobby money. I'd buy more guns!
    I'd buy a flame thrower.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'd buy a Russel Crowe - you know, the Roth Army NSA spy.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Things never change.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

It's not their concern WHY that is the case. So whether they are a convicted felon, or mentally ill, it's still the same "red flag", at least from what the gun seller can see. And yes, being prescribed an SSRI drug should put somebody into that database. These drugs even have warning labels that admit that they will make some people "suicidal" (and from there, it's not a huge leap to "homicidal", especially for those people who can't kill themselves, but have to manipulate somebody else into doing it (like cops, for example)

...so yeah, I have no problem with anybody with those particular toxic chemicals rolling around in their head being prohibited from buying weapons & ammo, as long as it's done in a way where the particulars of their mental illness remains private.
    We manage to keep them out of their hands (for the most part), without needing to gain access to medical health records.

I work in mental health, I consider many of my clients a danger to themselves at various times, but it is very rare I worry about my own or the safety of others. None of the individuals I work with would ever be able to get the references necessary to obtain a licence...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    but...but...but Never buzzed sees that as a "violation" even though no HIPAA laws were ever broken. Never buzzed wants to complicate the issue, sidestep it and make us feel bad that the seriously violent mentally ill can't get their hands on a god damn gun. What's the betting Never buzzed owns a gun - several of them?

Thread Information