Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official September 13 Tampa, FL, MIDFLORIDA Credit Amphitheatre Meetup/Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official September 13 Tampa, FL, MIDFLORIDA Credit Amphitheatre Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official September 13 Tampa, FL, MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre Meetup/Review Thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

I'm there! Room is booked...
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Yo vain have you heard anything about whats included in the vip packages and prices ?

Comment

Nose bandages and towels...

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
          nose bandages and towels...
          well that will be at least 500 bucks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scott b View Post
              Yo vain have you heard anything about whats included in the vip packages and prices ?
              The usual.. Seats in the first 20 rows, soundcheck and some bullshit swag. Front row is $1000. Bring your wallet.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

A thousand bucks to stand in the front row. What, they gonna get a time machine and go back and get 1981 Dave and have him singing? Cause that's the only way it would be worth a grand.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

and bassplayer back

and my hair back

and a free guitar
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

I saw Van Halen from the seventh row on the fair warning tour for 13 dollars and fifty cents. fuck this
                    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by lesfunk View Post
                      I saw Van Halen from the seventh row on the fair warning tour for 13 dollars and fifty cents. fuck this
                      Well, adjusting for inflation, 13 bucks then is about $35 now.

What has really changed is promoters have created a monopoly on the big shows...so being able to sit on the lawn for $50 or $60 really isn't too bad considering.

It is outrageous though, but people will pay that amount so really just meeting the market demand.

Before the promoters caught up to the scalpers it was pretty hard to get decent tickets anymore anyway buying the day they went on sale...its always been crooked, at least starting in the mid-1980's
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

I disagree slightly. Paying 50 dollars and not even getting a chair to sit in is ridiculous
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

I saw them in their prime and I don't even think the tickets cost $15. I think I saw VH general admission for $8.50 in 1980 if I remember right. No frisking. No cameras. You smuggled in your half pint, joints passed around, some dude was lighting off fire crackers, the girls flashed their titties at Dave. The good old days.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

I have my 1984 stub somewhere...I think it was 18.75...including Ticketmaster fees.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo Delight View Post
                              Well, adjusting for inflation, 13 bucks then is about $35 now.

What has really changed is promoters have created a monopoly on the big shows...so being able to sit on the lawn for $50 or $60 really isn't too bad considering.

It is outrageous though, but people will pay that amount so really just meeting the market demand.

Before the promoters caught up to the scalpers it was pretty hard to get decent tickets anymore anyway buying the day they went on sale...its always been crooked, at least starting in the mid-1980's
                              Yeah but I was making $8.50 an hour in high school. What kids make now isn't much more than that but what they have to pay has risen. A VH show was an hour and a half of work. Today a kid has to work longer to get that $35. Ha! ha! glad I was a teenager in the 80's. These kids now are being screwed raw. I could leave campus for lunch and do a burnout past the school in a real muscle car. As long as I made it back for the bell all was well. Kids now can't leave campus and a burnout might get you arrested. Oh and now they have to take all this Common Core shit. Ha! ha! how's the government cock taste kiddies?
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...
                              X