Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Every true blue VH & DLR fan will be there!!! Went Friday night (Oct. 2) and ran into old RothArmy'er AlbertR. Fantastic Set List !! - the Bowl didn't have an empty seat - a true sea of fans.... VH had a fantastic set list - just wish they wouldn't end with "JUMP" - oh well, gotta give the casual VH'er what they want?

Happy "early" Birthday Dave!!!!!
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

If there was ever a time for VH to make it right, it would be this show..Hollywood Ca..final show..you need to add a shitload of extra shit..surely somebody would love to come onstage and jam with Eddie...including a certain bassist that would allow Wolf to pursue his own music, and setting up one last album and tour by the original lineup..yeah,Im dreaming.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Van Halen the other night.. A video posted by HH (@goochfacekilla) on Oct 4, 2015 at 11:41am PDT
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bantonelli
          Every true blue VH & DLR fan will be there!!! Went Friday night (Oct. 2) and ran into old RothArmy'er AlbertR. Fantastic Set List !! - the Bowl didn't have an empty seat - a true sea of fans.... VH had a fantastic set list - just wish they wouldn't end with "JUMP" - oh well, gotta give the casual VH'er what they want?

Happy "early" Birthday Dave!!!!!

Remember when we met along with Albert at the House of Blues in Vegas in '06 ??

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
            Head Fluffer
            • Dec 2008

Awesome show!!! Smiles galore! Going tonight to the closing show, will write more about both shows later . VH ROCKS!!!!!!!!
            I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• bantonelli
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

I remember it well... in fact, the uncomfortable thing I remember about that concert is that some girl kept looking at me like she wanted to get in my face - it was bizarre! I'm looking/watching DLR and she's staring at me the whole time.....Creepy!

But it was so great to see my fellow RA'ers there - VA & AlbertR. Awesome time with you guys and the "Toastmaster General" himself!
              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bantonelli
                I remember it well... in fact, the uncomfortable thing I remember about that concert is that some girl kept looking at me like she wanted to get in my face - it was bizarre! I'm looking/watching DLR and she's staring at me the whole time.....Creepy!

But it was so great to see my fellow RA'ers there - VA & AlbertR. Awesome time with you guys and the "Toastmaster General" himself!

Yeah it was great seeing Dave in an intimate setting like that, that was my 1st time to Vegas after my son moved there....

We go every year now, and going for the 2nd time this year at the end of the year when grandchild #3 is born, due on New Year's Eve....

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  Be careful if you decide to take a walk down Hollywood Blvd. A lot of low lifes hang out there at night. It's fairly safe during the day.
                  Thanks for your advice CDog, I did take a walk down the Hollywood Blvd. during the afternoon, and walked at night to the Parlour Room to have some drinks, a little dark but nice place.

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
                    Welcome to Los Angeles - - it will be GREAT! (and the weather is perfect right now too!)
                    Thank you ICB, the weather was perfect, it began to rain on the last show but it stopped, I am having a great time at LA, I hiked a couple of times the Runyon Canyon, a couple of days ago trying to reach the top, there was a beautiful rainbow before it begins to rain, I was soaking wet, it was fun !!

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by katina
                      I was soaking wet
                      Pics or it didn't happen!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Hahahaha!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by qikgts
                          I had to look for it...

This was cool. A few things strike me about it. There are some people that say ah it's all fake it's the same every night and there are others now when he doesn't call it rambling = can't win.

I wonder if Ed had apologized about his shitty Rolling Stones article improving relations.

The other thing is there is a common thing said that most stand up comedians wish they were rock stars and vice versa- there has to be some truth in that..

Finally anyone else notice it's almost always Alex that Dave looks to for conformation when he says a line?

You divide what rapport there is onstage and I'd guess it's 5% Wolfie, 10% Ed and 85% Alex although I haven't seen a peer reviewed scientific article so far...
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-07-2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I agree with your assessment... Dave's body language indicates Alex is who Dave pans to for confirmation in most cases. So now we know who's mom on stage...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...