" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    Drop Dead Legs, Little Guitars, Dirty Movies.. Nice. Very nice.
    Now Dave, stop being a prick and learn them lyrics. Oh, and stop singing like a faggot. You're not Freddie Mercury, get over it already.

Am I the only one here who thinks this is just bullshit? I mean, it's not like they're Really going to play those songs, heh?
    You arent the only one..I think the band obviously wants to play them..but God forbid , Dave isnt going to try something new( GGB lasted no time last tour)..I want to know if they have talked about these tunes with Dave at all...I doubt it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Fairwrning for this KICKASS post:

fryingdutchman (05-06-2015)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2018 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    You arent the only one..I think the band obviously wants to play them..but God forbid , Dave isnt going to try something new( GGB lasted no time last tour)..I want to know if they have talked about these tunes with Dave at all...I doubt it.
    It was flipped in and out til about May I think. Same with Outta Love. Bottoms Up only made in one show I think and Hang Em High was maybe a couple.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Light Up The Sky...

💡⬆️the☁️ A video posted by Wolf Van Halen (@wolfvanhalen) on May 3, 2015 at 3:59pm PDT

5. 2 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (05-03-2015),katina (05-03-2015)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

How's about some "Take Yer Whiskey Home", ?

7. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-03-2015)

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's very cool to see the "three twins" rehearsing these gems, but let's face it, it all comes down to whether or not Dave will sing them. I see this whole movement becoming a flashpoint for another fight between Dave, Ed, and Al.

On the positive side, it shows me that Wolfgang is keeping his ear to the ground, and maybe woke his pops and uncle up to the fact that true fans are pissed that they're being sold this "live album" as an excuse for a cash grab "greatest hits tour."

Maybe they finally realize the stupidity of performing "greatest hits" live, based on a LIVE recording of "greatest hits" from 2 fucking years ago.

Maybe they finally realize that perhaps they overestimated the level of "fan desperation", and that their strategy of starving fans to the point of near death and then throwing them small morsels of food won't work this time. I think most of us are completely over being "enablers" to these guys...acting like abused spouses who know they should leave but decide to stick around for "one more chance" because "deep down, he/she is really a good person who cares about me."

The fans have spoken. If we're going to pay through the nose for concert tickets again, then we had better hear some FUCKING songs that we didn't just hear two years ago, and are now hearing again on the "Tokyo Dome" recording. VH has gotten wind of this and are now scrambling to dig out the deep cuts / B-sides and perhaps give the fans what they want for a change.

But if Dave won't sing 'em, it won't be worth shit. And wouldn't it just be fitting if this whole tour imploded over the idea of giving the fans what they want? That is SO Van Halen....

9. 4 users say thank you to fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (05-06-2015),moose (05-11-2015),VAiN (05-06-2015),Von Halen (05-06-2015)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    I smell bullshit around this whole thing. We're being led around by the fucking nose.

These Instagram snippets are nothing but a marketing strategy to sell tickets to suckers like us, and are in NO WAY any indication or confirmation that these songs will be performed on the upcoming tour.

It's the 3 Van Halens fucking around in the studio and doing different things because they're bored out of their fucking skulls by the "Dave-approved" setlist. (Just like most of the fans at this point)

When Dave's away, the Van Halen's will play....

11. 3 users say thank you to fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (05-06-2015),Fairwrning (05-06-2015),PETE'S BROTHER (05-06-2015)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Seems these guys are rehearsing daily, to get ready.

I wonder what Dave is doing? Smoking? Studying Japanese? Dancing? Karate? Practicing his baton routine? Getting more tattoos? Watching his hair grow back? Debating his wardrobe? Rustling cattle?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    It's very cool to see the "three twins" rehearsing these gems, but let's face it, it all comes down to whether or not Dave will sing them. I see this whole movement becoming a flashpoint for another fight between Dave, Ed, and Al.
    That will be the next breakup. "Fuckin' Dave, man. He never does anything I ask, doesn't want to sing any of the deep cuts..."

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They are probably scanning youtube for a clone that can and will sing all the songs!

I believe Ed would like to make more new music. I believe he knows there is nobody that can emulate the magic he has with Dave. I think Ed having a clear head, and perspective, is allowing him to be much more tolerant with Dave, than he would have been, and was, previously.

15. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

BumBahDeeDah (05-06-2015),vandeleur (05-06-2015)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    They are probably scanning youtube for a clone that can and will sing all the songs!
    Why not? It's working for Journey.

As long as Ed doesn't take his mechanic's advice again...

17. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

fryingdutchman (05-06-2015)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

I believe Ed would like to make more new music.
    I want to believe that, but he's too stuck in nostalgia land. He could be making new music with anyone and call the project something other than Van Halen. He could make a solo album with various guest singers. Sitting on the sidelines to watch his son make a record with his friends is not a great use of his time. Maybe his well is dry.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I want to believe that, but he's too stuck in nostalgia land. He could be making new music with anyone and call the project something other than Van Halen. He could make a solo album with various guest singers. Sitting on the sidelines to watch his son make a record with his friends is not a great use of his time. Maybe his well is dry.
    Meanwhile, Dave has created new stuff with John 5 and it just languishes...

20. 3 users say thank you to chuckjitsu for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-07-2015),DLR Bridge (05-06-2015),Von Halen (05-06-2015)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    I agree it looks and sounds like Ed's willing to make new music... He and his brother & kid seem to be able to get together and rehearse. That would be an excellent spring-board for creativity to occur.

You'd think Dave would like to also... But I don't know... there's something a miss and disconnected with Dave and the Van Halens going on. It could be that they are avoiding any casual contact and just allowing formal, booked business obligations to drive collaboration... none of them want to blink first or go out on a limb to try something for fear it could blow up at any bump in the road.

It's just speculation since no communications have come from Roth. I suspect it's beyond whatever legal troubles he's gotten himself shut down in the media. That's a subject that everyone seems to be avoiding, but the silent elephant in the room keeps growing. WTF?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckjitsu View Post
    Meanwhile, Dave has created new stuff with John 5 and it just languishes...
    Because Dave knows deep down that the "5" in John 5 represents the number of people who would be interested in actually hearing it. Let's face it....Dave is OVERJOYED about being back in the public eye and the mainstream media, and he knows the reason for it is named "Edward Van Halen."

Any music he releases on his own, whether it's with John 5 or anybody else, will not get him appearances on daytime or late night talk shows, or huge music awards shows.

"Love the craft. Or love the buck." I think it's pretty clear what Dave's choice is.

23. Thanked fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (05-06-2015)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think that Ed wants to give any appearances that he's taking the "Hagar" path of creating new bands on a whim.

And if Ed's nostalgic, that's cool with me. He's made peace with the past and has learned to enjoy it.

I don't think he's dry...he's just content. If/when the restlessness hits, he'll start producing.

Spotlight, asshole !
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    12-21-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What I don't understand is the " Dave can't hit the high notes anymore " bullshit. I listen to the VH catalog almost every day. Didn't Edward have to tune down to David's lower register back in the day ? Did David ever sing high like he's doing now, except maybe to scream or wail ? When he talks on ADKOT, he's low and sexy like normal. Is the loss of Michael affecting his register, as in him believing he has to compensate - even tho there is really no need to ? I don't understand.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Edwards3rdWife View Post
    What I don't understand is the " Dave can't hit the high notes anymore " bullshit. I listen to the VH catalog almost every day. Didn't Edward have to tune down to David's lower register back in the day ? Did David ever sing high like he's doing now, except maybe to scream or wail ? When he talks on ADKOT, he's low and sexy like normal. Is the loss of Michael affecting his register, as in him believing he has to compensate - even tho there is really no need to ? I don't understand.
    The loss of Mike is affecting the harmonies, it's not affecting Dave personally.

Wolfgang takes care of the higher register stuff...but not with the same quality as Mike.

None of us understand what is going on with Dave, so you're not alone. All we do know for sure is that he's doing things with what's left of his voice that are completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

The reason why remains a complete mystery.

27. 3 users say thank you to fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

Guitar Shark (06-16-2015),hambon4lif (05-06-2015),ZahZoo (05-06-2015)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    That will be the next breakup. "Fuckin' Dave, man. He never does anything I ask, doesn't want to sing any of the deep cuts..."
    I'm guessing that you're speaking for Ed there...and I would 100% agree with him if it goes down that way.

They've milked the "greatest hits" cow for 8 years now with the exception of ADKOT, a solid record that saw very little representation on the tours.

Without another new record, there's nothing I want to hear or see live EXCEPT the deep cuts.

29. Thanked fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

hambon4lif (05-06-2015)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Because Dave knows deep down that the "5" in John 5 represents the number of people who would be interested in actually hearing it. Let's face it....Dave is OVERJOYED about being back in the public eye and the mainstream media, and he knows the reason for it is named "Edward Van Halen."

Any music he releases on his own, whether it's with John 5 or anybody else, will not get him appearances on daytime or late night talk shows, or huge music awards shows.

"Love the craft. Or love the buck." I think it's pretty clear what Dave's choice is.
    If that's the case, then why bother making an album with John 5 (or anybody else) at all? He could've just as easily done more coke, gotten more tats, try to hide his Parkinson's, or whatever else people think he does/needs to do with his time.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

It is concerning though that Dave's got a new record and tour to promote... but he's gone about as quiet as Alex Van Halen. Very uncharacteristic and I highly doubt there's no media interest in talking to Dave and reporting what has to say...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

humbelay zeebalay humbelay zeebelay zibbity bop!!!!!

33. 3 users say thank you to WARF for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (05-06-2015),moose (05-11-2015),SunisinuS (06-16-2015)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    This is probably what they'll do (LOL)...

As Is
    Never heard it, or if I have then did my best to forget it.

Hot For Teacher
    Too MTV so...ghey

Sinner's Swing
    Interesting. Tell me MORE! Give it to me, baby! Give it to me hard!

Running With The Devil
    Really? Predictable, I suppose.

She's The Woman
    Um, okay. Sure

Unchained
    Rather pass on this seeing Roth sings like a Gitmo prisoner undergoing a waterboarding procedure. Pass. Good one, though.

Big River
    Never heard. So that's ghey, too.

Drop Dead Legs
    Sexist MTV 80's shit. Seeing this is probably Eddie's "coolest" riff I'll let it slide

Dance The Night Away
    Maybe if they played it ABBA/disco style where Dave gyrates his pelvis then maybe.

Everybody Wants Some
    I sure as shit don't. So yeah, ghey.

Light Up The Sky
    I would have to be on some really kick-ass weed to enjoy this one.

Little Guitars
    Tolerable. If there is more Eddie and less Dave on this one.

In A Simple Rhyme
    Without the original F A T bass player on vocal? Pass

Cathedral
    Cathedroll

House Of Pain
    Well, I do like some BDSM from time to time so yeah, cool

Feel Your Love Tonight
    More sexist shit

Beats Workin'
    Another one I really don't care for.

(Into a Three Twins showcase instrumental with individual solos incorporated)
    Flex
    Jump
    Stay Frosty

Encore 1
    Panama

Encore 2
    I'm The One
    That should be the entire concert right there.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post

Well, I do like some BDSM from time to time so yeah, cool
    Do you like to get punched in your balls?

36. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (06-16-2015)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Do you like to get punched in your balls?
    Hahaha

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The original album cover to Spinal Tap's Smell The Glove was sexist. VH songs? Not so much.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

40. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (05-06-2015),vandeleur (05-07-2015)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Old. That's been used before, Sesh.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I believe it was in response to my response indirectly intended for you that you apparently didn't read.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I believe it was in response to my response indirectly intended for you that you apparently didn't read.

44. Thanked fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (05-07-2015)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Old & used... I'll bet it's still got a few good uses in it...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Old & used... I'll bet it's still got a few good uses in it...
    No kidding. Contrary to popular myth, ya do not age with learned wisdom. In fact, you succumb to the inevitable fact that guys (at least me) get dumber with each sunset.

Anybody know where I left the fucking tv remote?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    No kidding. Contrary to popular myth, ya do not age with learned wisdom. In fact, you succumb to the inevitable fact that guys (at least me) get dumber with each sunset.

What's a real pisser... you punch the "Locate Remote" button and the damn thing starts beeping... but your hearing and directional software in your brain isn't what it used to be and you still can't find the damn remote... and it won't quit fucking beeping!!

48. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-08-2015),chefcraig (05-08-2015)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Feel Your Love Tonight....

Feelings! A video posted by Wolf Van Halen (@wolfvanhalen) on May 13, 2015 at 2:34pm PDT

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

You should attach one of these to it. https://buy.thetrackr.com/?locale=en

51. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (05-13-2015)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dirty Movies....

Vibrations. A video posted by Wolf Van Halen (@wolfvanhalen) on Jun 15, 2015 at 2:41pm PDT

53. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (06-16-2015)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sounds good!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2020 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Props to WVH for trying to drum up some interest in this tour.
    That being said, I'm sitting this one out. If I see some killer setlists, and the band is hitting on all cylinders a month from now I will gladly contradict myself and grab some tix last minute.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whorehey View Post
    Props to WVH for trying to drum up some interest in this tour.
    That being said, I'm sitting this one out. If I see some killer setlists, and the band is hitting on all cylinders a month from now I will gladly contradict myself and grab some tix last minute.

I'm sure you'll have your answer by 11pm PT, July 5th.....

57. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (06-15-2015)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WARF, is this you?

Some people… 😑 pic.twitter.com/CKILHeosYi— Wolf Van Halen (@WolfVanHalen) June 16, 2015

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

So.. That's the second time Wolfie posts snippets of Dirty Movies?
    Well I guess they're gonna play it then.
    They better be. Now, it's all up to DLR. I'm not saying the faggot will pull a 2012 "I'm not singing Light Up The Sky/As Is" schtick. I just hope he comes to his senses and please the fans.

Thread Information