VIP Ticket ideas ??? Any soundcheck Meet&greets ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    I had a backstage pass in '84, but didn't go back. My buddy worked at the venue, and I was down there all day as they were constructing the stage. I believe they were coming from Oklahoma, and one of the trucks over turned, or was in an accident on the way. They were scrambling like motherfuckers to get everything ready for the show. That stage was fucking massive. 7 or 9 semi trucks, if I remember right. I took this pic at that show.

That ain't a stage. That's a fuckin city!!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot

Nice photo I didn't see that tour.
      Thanks. Why not?

I took this photo at that show, for DonnieP!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        That ain't a stage. That's a fuckin city!!
        Yeah right he photoshopped it...

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It may sound like a small one but the backstage pass that pissed me off most was Faster Pussycat in the late 80s at their peak. They were playing a sold out 2000 venue and a promoter that used to book us all the time handed me a laminate smiled said that there is a huge aftershow free bar party and fucked off. I was a student at the time and would have walked over broken glass for a free bar anywhere.

Instead I walked the girlfriend to her bus before splitting up with her a couple of weeks later...
          In '94 at the Charlotte show me and my girlfriend walked up the guy standing guard at Dave's bus after the show and I offered her up in exchange to get on the bus and an autograph. She nearly had a nervous breakdown, slapped me, the guy thought I was joking and said the bus was full. Turns out the bus had a few nobodies on it that came right out and the bus split. And I thought it was some sort of super whore party in there. Turns out that I didn't miss anything.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Thanks. Why not?

Awesome!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

[QUOTE]
              Thanks. Why not?

I was traveling around the country for a image company photographing college girls for a living and all "other things" had somewhat less of a meaning to me...lol.

I thought with a few years more training I would be the next Ken Marcus...lol.

a boy can dream.....
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• big fatty
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2004

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I am sure there are or were a meeting or two about what would be considered a guest pass to the café wha gig .

I considered the fact that a pass was issued to one of our members and then a member was chosen to go as a gift from this site and DLR's management.

Now whether or not Dave said yeah, that dude, that poster guy, right there ..no.

But the management would have to have cleared it with the band members about how the distribution of the tickets would go and where.

Back stage pass would have been cool back in the 70's when it was attainable and together in is infancy, but Dave kept signaling to his roadies to get my girl friend back stage and I was busy trying to keep her tits put up while she road my shoulders all night.

Old days back stage cool stuff.

You're partially right....

I'm pretty sure no one other than DLR was involved in the passes that Shelly arranged with us, the Links and VHND....

The Cafe Wha gig, specifically, was a last-minute clusterfuck.... We got notified of that the day before the gig, so we had to scramble....

And then, we had to scramble again because greeneyedmurder, who is an actual journalist in NYC, requested a pass as well, and Shelly got the OK from DLR.... Let's not forget that the Cafe Wha gig was intended for the press....

I'm sure that the VH trio had their peeps work their pass list as well....

But ours were from DLR...
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                    They'll announce that soon enough.. Expect to pay between $500-$1000 depending on seating. I paid $600 in 2012 and got row 5 center.

And if that fails, you can always try to give Wolfie a handjob.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

How witty...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

Was there maybe 50 passes for that gig ? I consider that singled out from the rest of the world and somewhat special consideration.

GEM and Shelly have made some fine contributions around here many times.

I remember how fast it was going down and knew that it would have to be someone from NYC area.

Weren't you the one actually asked to go and you gave the ticket up..?
                        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I remember that...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Was there maybe 50 passes for that gig ? I consider that singled out from the rest of the world and somewhat special consideration.

GEM and Shelly have made some fine contributions around here many times.

I remember how fast it was going down and knew that it would have to be someone from NYC area.

Weren't you the one actually asked to go and you gave the ticket up..?

Sure, I could have gone....

And to be honest, if it weren't for Pojo heading to Florida on vacation, we probably would both have gone....

Could have gone to the Henson show, too.... Felt a couple of our longtime members and local LA residents could use them more conveniently....

I did finally splurge for the roundtrip to LA for the Forum rehearsal show....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                              And if that fails, you can always try to give Wolfie a handjob.
                              Or just show him a tit. At his age that should do the trick. And therein lies the irony. It's almost like finding out Santy Claus really is real but he's your neighbor's kid who has no fucking idea who you are or why you think he's a big deal.

Yay Van Halen.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

On the occasions I have been given passes for DLR gigs I had already bought better ones.

My point is that getting passes for a few people was not why we are doing this and the previous owner of the site in particular spent literally thousands of dollars building it up and it was never about that. If nothing else there would be cheaper ways of doing it.

Comment

Working...