Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I always thought that Davesicle looked like it would be a fucker to set the intonation on...
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Just pop in Live Without a Net, first song, to see what Spammy does to a song by playing guitar.
      One Way To Rock I believe it was?
      The end was a cluster fuck of good vs. bad fretting and Spam was the fucker doing the bad fretting.

They did that shit right in front of me on the 5150 tour and it was clear from that moment on that my destiny was to want hagar OUT of that band.
      Spam is a better solo act than he is a part of VH, and you can take that to the bank, cash it, and spend it on whatever you like.

Roth is no guitarist, but he at least does what he does well.

Comment

• EbDawson
        Veteran
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Hippy Hater
        Don't dave play the lead to i'll wait on the 1984 tour??
        No, Ed did. He only played the guitar solo. He played keyboards during the rest of the song.

Dave can play a very good acoustic guitar though.
        Last edited by EbDawson; 07-03-2004, 08:21 AM.
        "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• EbDawson
          Veteran
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          FACT: David Lee Roth plays guitar on three Van Halen albums.
          Let's see, Ice Cream Man, Women and Children First. What's the other one? Probably something off Diver Down?
          "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• smaz
            Commando
            • Mar 2004

He can play - In feb he played Spanish Fly (I think it is) before starting Ice Cream Man on stage.
            Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• mewisemagic
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

he also plays some decent acoustic stuff on the bar-b-q tape

Comment

• bru87tr
                Commando
                • Apr 2004

how lame...... yawn! another spermmy can do this and that better than dave. personally kidfaggot I think your a dave fan since your here so much. it wouldnt be so old if it were true but everyone knows who the man is. remember the 96 MTV awards ? yes, they were chanting DAVE DAVE DAVE....etc

no way in hell if it were spermmy up there they would be chanting spermmys name. sucks to be jealous and always have to prove your butt pirate spermmy hagar is not and will never come close to DLR legend in Van Halen!

idiot! eveytime you post you sound dumb and then even dumberer!
                "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Im pretty sure Dave does guitar work for Ice Cream Man, Big Bad Bill and...? Ford? What else? Ed plays Spanish Fly for sure. He also does Women and Children First, thats why you can hear Dave say "Edward? Thank you!" it's Ed playing. I know Dave CAN play basic chords. In a recent interview he was quoted as saying he was "learning to play" didn't he?
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Just for the record, the song is called "Could This Be Magic, " not "Women and Children First."

I'm thinking he also plays at the beginning of Take Your Whiskey Home, but I could be wrong.
                    Formerly Tormented VH Fan
                    Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

Yeah I meant the album, but was thinking of CTBM. Take your Whiskey Home? Yeah that def could be. I dont think Ive seen them play that song live. I prefer Dave on Harmonics anyways. US Fest. Dave played the harmonica perfectly and was wasted and drained and hit all the right notes.
                      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by SoCalChelle
                        Just for the record, the song is called "Could This Be Magic, " not "Women and Children First."

I'm thinking he also plays at the beginning of Take Your Whiskey Home, but I could be wrong.
                        That's Eddie....Dave couldnt play that snappy.

Comment

• Mezro
                          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                          he can play a little
                          Just like Ed on the current tour

Mezro...roth can strum and shake; the ice cream man he did make
                          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smaz
                            He can play - In feb he played Spanish Fly (I think it is) before starting Ice Cream Man on stage. [/QUOTE

Dave couldnt play Spanish Fly if his life depended on it.

Comment

• bru87tr
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2004

Eddiebuttrammer4eva: you couldnt make a good post if YOUR life depended on it. lol
                              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• DR CHIP
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
                                Originally posted by smaz
                                He can play - In feb he played Spanish Fly (I think it is) before starting Ice Cream Man on stage. [/QUOTE

Dave couldnt play Spanish Fly if his life depended on it.
                                It's without question not the most difficult of the Van Halen compositions...AND it is a Carlos Montoya rip off..Ed himself said he saw this cat Montoya play and couldn't do it himself so he half-assed it and recorded Spanish Fly...

I don't think Dave would say he was even a good guitar player...

Comment

Working...