Thread: Hagar Fans: The Numbers--stupid Or Denial?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Hagar Fans: The Numbers--stupid Or Denial?

If you already know that VHagar are only averaging 7,068 per night DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS POST. Wow. I'm continually blown away by the stupidity and denial of Hagar fans. In post after post I'm seeing Hagar fans talk about how VHagar are "selling out everywhere" or "packing them in". Since it's obvious they're too stupid to go back to the Pollstar link I provided a few days ago it looks as if I will need to post this every few days. All you Hagar morons do the following: Go to Yahoo. Type in the following: Pollstar Online - Pollstar Display Page. Type it in exactly the way I listed it. Then when the page comes up you'll see a hi lighted area that says TOP 100 TOURS. GO TO THIS DUMBASSES. Then scroll down the list to VHagar. YOU WILL SEE they have reported 13 SHOWS IN 10 CITIES. They have sold 91,892 tickets for these 13 SHOWS. This is a per night average of 7.068. Repeat 7.068. It says average tickets 9,189 BUT THAT IS BECAUSE POLLSTAR IS DIVIDING THE NUMBER OF TIX BY THE NUMBER OF CITIES INSTEAD OF SHOWS. TO get the per night average you must divide the number of tix sold by the NUMBER OF SHOWS not cities. 7,068 PER NIGHT. THAT IS ALL. Whoever is moderating don't shut this thread down because these morons are obviously not going to look for previous threads which covered the topic in depth. If they did they wouldn't be posting about how the tour is "selling out" and "packing them in". Dumbasses. 91,892 tix sold divided by 13 shows = 7,068 per night. Yeah they're really tearin' it up across North America.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If Dave was fronting the band they would be selling out stadiums. It would probably be the biggest reunion, next to Led Zeppelin or the Police.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

IF DAVE WERE THERE

Yeah I remember back in 96' Pollstar ran a story on the proposed VH/ROTH reunion. They said they thought it could sell more tix than the first Eagles reunion (which was huge). I'll admit that VH has done some damage to their appeal with the last few years but I just think anyone who can't admit that a ROTH fronted tour would be bigger than what they're doing now is a moron. They were bigger with Dave the first time and they would be bigger with Dave the 2nd time. No doubt in my mind.

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by ModernDayWarior
    If Dave was fronting the band they would be selling out stadiums. It would probably be the biggest reunion, next to Led Zeppelin or the Police.
    Listen Roxanne, I liked the Police, but to suggest a reunion

with Dave would not be as big as a Police reunion is,

welllllllllllllllllll, it's pretty dumb.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

LOL!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, however, that a POLICE reunion would be huge. Funny, they broke up exactly when Van Halen did. They released their last album in 1983 (1984 is technically listed as a 1983 release). They basically broke up while on top. I do think the band would have become shittier with age (as Sting went from great to horrible). Thank God we remember them as the amazing band that recorded the SYNCHRONISITY album.

Zeppelin is the only band I can think of (that could realistically reunite...although I still maintain it's not Zeppelin without Bonham) that would be bigger than an original Van Halen reunion. THE BEATLES would be even bigger, but they're obviously going to have a problem ever reuniting with half of their members resting for eternity.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It doesn't really matter...Sammy or Roth this tour is going to do bad either way because of the way the brothers have lied to the public...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ZEPPELIN--BONHAM

I'm a drummer and I would definitely consider L Zeppelin the real deal with Jason Bonham behind the kit. I don't think anyone would have a problem with him back there and them calling it Zeppelin. Also I always felt that The Beatles should have reunited with Julian Lennon and toured. I really think people would have been very receptive to it as long as they showed publicly that it was a tribute to John Lennon to have his son up there. Julian sounds VERY similar to his father and would have sounded great singing those songs. It's just my opinion and I know some Beatles fans would get in a tussy but in a situation like Zeppelin or The Beatles since a member has died and there is no chance for a true reunion if a family member (especially) a son plays the same instrument I say go for it if it's for the right reasons (not just money in other words). There was talk of The Beatles reuniting with Julian and I for one would have paid to see it. I think he would have done a great job. And he would have been truly thankful in my opinion as well. Just my opinion though.

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by Samsonite
    It doesn't really matter...Sammy or Roth this tour is going to do bad either way because of the way the brothers have lied to the public...
    Shaddup luggage!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: ZEPPELIN--BONHAM

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
    I'm a drummer and I would definitely consider L Zeppelin the real deal with Jason Bonham behind the kit. I don't think anyone would have a problem with him back there and them calling it Zeppelin. Also I always felt that The Beatles should have reunited with Julian Lennon and toured. I really think people would have been very receptive to it as long as they showed publicly that it was a tribute to John Lennon to have his son up there. Julian sounds VERY similar to his father and would have sounded great singing those songs. It's just my opinion and I know some Beatles fans would get in a tussy but in a situation like Zeppelin or The Beatles since a member has died and there is no chance for a true reunion if a family member (especially) a son plays the same instrument I say go for it if it's for the right reasons (not just money in other words). There was talk of The Beatles reuniting with Julian and I for one would have paid to see it. I think he would have done a great job. And he would have been truly thankful in my opinion as well. Just my opinion though.
    I just can't agree. I'm a drummer too, and I find Jason Bonham to be a competent rock 'n' roll drummer, but nowhere near as talented as his father. His father invented a whole new sound for rock drumming. He was amazing. I think he was half the Zeppelin sound. Without him, any recordings the others have made have some great moments. But nothing sounds (or could sound) like Zeppelin. It would be a good band. I'd pay to see it (with Jason). In fact, I saw PAGE/PLANT and thought it was great. But I was prouder that they acknowledged that it wasn't Zeppelin. I'd still love to see those three get back together with someone on drums, but I'd prefer they don't call it Zeppelin.

As for THE BEATLES, no way. THE BEATLES were about the songwriting as much as the singer. A reunion tour would have been nice with all four members...but they were a studio band anyway. They are among my top 5 favorite bands, but basically because they are amazing songwriters and their albums are incredibly written. Why get Julian up there to sing John's songs? It's tasteless. It's like arguing that it's the genes that matter...not the person. To get someone to replace John is like claiming that his death was not as significant as it felt. If anyone is irreplaceable, it's John Lennon. They did it right...the only time they reunited, they simply finished recordings John had already started. I was proud of that...a final declaration that those four men are THE BEATLES and no one else. Now, after George died, it was already over anyway. It was just sad as hell that we had to lose another great one. But at least we got to hear his last great solo album a year later.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

JASON BONHAM

It depends on how you define talented. Technically Jason Bonham is more talented than his father. I've seen Jason do a clinic and trust me John Bonham could not play many of the things Jason is capable of. I mean if he were still alive and decided he wanted to further his chops and ability sure with some more practice he could. And he'd have to learn how to play double bass (which he flirted with back in the late 60's there are photos-he was heavily influenced by C APPICE). But as things stood when he died Jason is a more techically diverse player than his father ever was no doubt. Now if you're getting into impact/influence on the instrument well of course John is easily ahead but that is has nothing to do with who is more talented. To say that John was more talented than Jason is very misleading. You may like his groove and feel more than Jason's but Jason is a more capable player technically. John Bonham is a legend no doubt but don't confuse that with how much talent he had. He was a talented player no doubt, especially for the time. But even back then there were plenty of guys who were more adept in terms of skill like Appice, Aldridge and Peart. Jason is a more skilled player than his father but his father owns the name and legacy. I have never heard of a Zeppelin fan complain about Jason playing with them and calling it Zeppelin until now though. To each his own. If Zeppelin reunited though I highly doubt you'd get many complaints with Jason back there. My strong bet is you'd be in the minority. In terms of The Beatles I think it would have been huge but there would be more complaints because The Beatles are the most influential rock group ever. I would have happily paid to see it though. And there was talk of it happening.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

Dude, when the Police went out, they were playing stadiums. If they got back together, they would pick up right where they left of without a doubt. Dave with VH would be just as big.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Police sold a lotta records, no doubt. They'd be packing 'em in on a scale that a reunited classic VH would. No, I'm not saying the Police are better or worse than classic VH, but they were huge when they broke up.

Don't know if a reunited classic Halen could sell out a 50,000 + stadium now, though. But you know for damn sure they wouldn't be playing to half empty 10-20,000 seat arenas. Sold out for multiple nights. That's a given.

Bonham may not have been the most technically talented drummer, but he was the perfect fit for Zep and with John Bonham what he didn't play was as important as what he did. Plus, a lot of those Zep time signatures that sound so simplistic can be tricky.

The spectacle of seeing classic Van Halen play the 6 pack tunes live would transcend any ill will Ed and Al have generated specifically since 1996. The music would cut through all that.

Plant and Page have already taken to the road on a de facto Led Zep reunion tour, so a 'reunited' Zep tour with JPJ and Jason participating would have a good draw, but wouldn't be quite as special as classic VH reuniting. Plus, Plant's voice just can't handle much of the Zep material anymore.

The Beatles reuniting wouldn't be able to be passed off anymore. Even the most ardent Beatlemaniac isn't going to give any legitimacy to Paul, Ringo and whoever else had the balls to get up there.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Blah blah blah ZZZ

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Elvis,

You don't say shit and I still laugh. You are funny like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas!!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

Robert Plant said it best when he told the 4 members of Bad Company at Peter Grants funeral, "Look ya assholes...NOBODY IN YOUR BAND IS DEAD! Suck it up and get out and play!" And even though Ralphs and Burrell STILL hate Paul Rodgers, they went out, made some dough, and gave their long suffering fans a geat tour. It boggles the mind that Eddie van Crackhead and his sister Shemp Van Halen can't put their egos aside and do the same with Dave.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They could if Ed would get off the sauce...

It isn't Van Halen
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    They could if Ed would get off the sauce...
    Sauced or not, he'd do better by not looking like someone threw a Tim Burton character, a wino and a samurai into a bag and shook vigorously.

I'm all for uniqueness and individuality, but...dayum...you simply can't walk out on stage looking like you just pissed yourself in some back alley.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree with the post: this tour is not doing well.
    But, I disagree that with Dave they could sell out STADIUMS!!
    Come on get real.
    VH hasn't been relevant musically for years and there's no way they would sell out stadiums.
    That's just ridiculous.

I'm on fire,
    General Hina

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They would do better...

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by General Hina
    I agree with the post: this tour is not doing well.
    But, I disagree that with Dave they could sell out STADIUMS!!
    Come on get real.
    VH hasn't been relevant musically for years and there's no way they would sell out stadiums.
    That's just ridiculous.

I'm on fire,
    General Hina

Yeah, I can't think of anyone who can do a stadium tour by themselves, including a VH reunion. They would have to team up with other bands. I also think Van Hagar won't be playing arenas again without the help of a co-headliner.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Figs
    Yeah, I can't think of anyone who can do a stadium tour by themselves, including a VH reunion. They would have to team up with other bands. I also think Van Hagar won't be playing arenas again without the help of a co-headliner.
    I disagree Figs. Its been so long, the Classic VAN HALEN fans have been delt such shit, and they were the biggest band of their era. A Classic VAN HALEN reunion would fill ANY venue they could book! And guitar sales would go thru the FUCKING ROOF!!

Sammy raped my preacher
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Matt White
    And even though Ralphs and Burrell STILL hate Paul Rodgers, they went out, made some dough, and gave their long suffering fans a geat tour. It boggles the mind that Eddie van Crackhead and his sister Shemp Van Halen can't put their egos aside and do the same with Dave. [/B]
    And they ain't the only ones, Mick & Keith arent the best of friends, Perry, Tyler the list can go on. Thats what pisses me off the most about Eddie, he cant suck it up enough, ta even try and have a working relationship with Dave. When Sam left, quit who knows, who cares, Sam was an ahole, lier, lazy didn't wanna work. That really nailed the coffin shut on Eddie with me. I didn't like Van Hagar, but it was almost word for word the same reason they gave for Dave leaving. Ed doesn't care about the fans, I don't no if he ever really did, he's said it over & over in interviews, he makes the music for himself. He really is just a sad human being, to have all that talent and throw it awy Twice, it's just really F'n sad.
    Gimme a bottle O anything, and a, Glazed dounut to go!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Amen Tatoo...

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe, they were able to fill them back in the day, but they have fucked around their fans a lot so some of the more casual fans may opt out. I'd rather see them in an arena anyway.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Tatoo
    And they ain't the only ones, Mick & Keith arent the best of friends, Perry, Tyler the list can go on. Thats what pisses me off the most about Eddie, he cant suck it up enough, ta even try and have a working relationship with Dave. When Sam left, quit who knows, who cares, Sam was an ahole, lier, lazy didn't wanna work. That really nailed the coffin shut on Eddie with me. I didn't like Van Hagar, but it was almost word for word the same reason they gave for Dave leaving. Ed doesn't care about the fans, I don't no if he ever really did, he's said it over & over in interviews, he makes the music for himself. He really is just a sad human being, to have all that talent and throw it awy Twice, it's just really F'n sad.
    AMEN BROTHER!!! Same old bullshit from the Van Halens, "...coming from behind clenched teeth and squinted eyes!" "Mindless word-drool" is what Dave refered to it as back in 1986, and the song remains the same in 2004! Everybody else is at fault, the lying Dutchmen have never done anything wrong. DAVID LEE ROTH, Ted Templeman, Donn Landee, Andy Johns, Warner Bros., THE FANS, journalist, and THE ENTIRE VAN HALEN ORGANIZATION circa 1985 have all wronged these complete and utter FUCKING LOSERS!!!

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, when the Police went out, they were playing stadiums. If they got back together, they would pick up right where they left of without a doubt. Dave with VH would be just as big.
    I agree. A reunited original VH would be earth shattering. People are dying for balls to the wall fucking rock. This includes the all important teenage demographic. With The Police, possibly the biggest tour ever. The Sting and Dave stories would be priceless.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Matt White
    I disagree Figs. Its been so long, the Classic VAN HALEN fans have been delt such shit, and they were the biggest band of their era. A Classic VAN HALEN reunion would fill ANY venue they could book! And guitar sales would go thru the FUCKING ROOF!!
    Then where are those fans when it comes to buying new Dave CDs? There are not as many DLR fans as this site thinks.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

CLARIFICATION

Should have clarified my comments about the Beatles earlier but anyway here goes: I meant that I thought The Beatles with McCartney, Harrison, Starr & Julian Lennon would have been huge. I totally agree that once Harrison died it would be too much for Beatles fans to swallow with only 2 origianl members up there. But they were talking about touring with the 3 originals + Julian and I do believe it would have been huge and (for the most part) accepted.

Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BARE BONE
    It's great to see a fifty year old bald EMT shake a bottle of iced tea on his loser fans.

Dave must be proud of himself.

Get out of this army you wimp,
    General Hina

Sammy raped my preacher
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by General Hina
    Then where are those fans when it comes to buying new Dave CDs? There are not as many DLR fans as this site thinks.

Over and Out,
    General Hina
    Aw Come on. can you name me any groups from that time frame still selling albums to their fans, were talking late 70's early 80's. People grew up started families bought house etc they're not running to the record store ta get albums. Half those acts dont put out shit but greatest hit comps anyhow. Van Hagar fans are on the average 10 years younger then most, its just a numbers thing they were younger when they Hagar was around wit that band, thats what they know. Dave got taken out by the great Cobain flush of the early 90's, All the lil grumpy pissed off kids in their flannel shirts lumped him in with the rest of the hair band scene. Van Hagar was corporate areana rock, living off a name, they managed ta skate by. They were Micheal Bolton with a good guitar player, they were off the grunge radar, no one cared. Dave on the other hand, got stuck with an Image, THAT everyone of that time copied, imitation being the highest form of flattery (bear with me everytime I spell check this board locks up, and I gotta start over) went down on the poser ship. Warner Bros, didn't back him like they did the VH babies, he goes to Rhino, what do the even sell? Basically the companies dumped him and everyone else from that whole scene, and the Rec Co's went after the next pissed off, whiner, baggie pant, chain wallet carrying band of the week. That whole 80's scene became a joke, I have no idea why cuz I had a fucking blast, the music was FUN, the players were good, everyone had to out solo the next guy, and the chicks were so Fuckin HOT. Now think back to 96 the first time the Halen bros screwed us, The WORLD went F'n nuts, DAVE was back, TV, mags, radio, MTV had that cool welcome back Kotter thing going on, Everyone was crapping their pants Cuz Dave was back in VH, and the world was gonna be right again. Remember that? Ya just can't make that stuff up. Does anyone feel that way cuz Spammy back didn't think so

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think the Hagaritas a bit of both... the average Hagar fan IS relatively STUPID, just for tolerating "Can't Stop Lovin' You", and they are ALL in denial of the fact that Dave with VH changed the face of ROCK, whereas Hagar in VH changed the diapers...
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Tatoo
    Aw Come on. can you name me any groups from that time frame still selling albums to their fans, were talking late 70's early 80's. People grew up started families bought house etc they're not running to the record store ta get albums. Half those acts dont put out shit but greatest hit comps anyhow. Van Hagar fans are on the average 10 years younger then most, its just a numbers thing they were younger when they Hagar was around wit that band, thats what they know. Dave got taken out by the great Cobain flush of the early 90's, All the lil grumpy pissed off kids in their flannel shirts lumped him in with the rest of the hair band scene. Van Hagar was corporate areana rock, living off a name, they managed ta skate by. They were Micheal Bolton with a good guitar player, they were off the grunge radar, no one cared. Dave on the other hand, got stuck with an Image, THAT everyone of that time copied, imitation being the highest form of flattery (bear with me everytime I spell check this board locks up, and I gotta start over) went down on the poser ship. Warner Bros, didn't back him like they did the VH babies, he goes to Rhino, what do the even sell? Basically the companies dumped him and everyone else from that whole scene, and the Rec Co's went after the next pissed off, whiner, baggie pant, chain wallet carrying band of the week. That whole 80's scene became a joke, I have no idea why cuz I had a fucking blast, the music was FUN, the players were good, everyone had to out solo the next guy, and the chicks were so Fuckin HOT. Now think back to 96 the first time the Halen bros screwed us, The WORLD went F'n nuts, DAVE was back, TV, mags, radio, MTV had that cool welcome back Kotter thing going on, Everyone was crapping their pants Cuz Dave was back in VH, and the world was gonna be right again. Remember that? Ya just can't make that stuff up. Does anyone feel that way cuz Spammy back didn't think so
    Just so you know...the new VH compilation is on Rhino Records. Why? Because Rhino is owned by Warner Brothers. It's all the same company.

That's the stats,
    General Hina

Thread Information