X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

2002 David Lee Roth vs the current Dave

Another unpopular opinion by Fraroc, same shit different day.

Anyway, I personally think David Lee Roth looks more natural and just all around better from 2007-to now than he looked in 2002. In 2002, it seemed like he was trying way too hard to look younger. The pink or gold sequined suits, the blonde wig...To me, it all looked very artificial and yes, I would have preferred it if the 2004 Van Halen tour was with Dave instead of Sammy, but looking back...I don't think that the 2002 David Lee Roth "trying to be DLR from 1982" paired with the 2004 complete drunken trainwreck Eddie Van Halen would have made for a good reunion. Yeah, David would have no doubt been a great showman, but I feel like it would have really exacerbated the fact that Eddie wasn't in good shape that tour.

I feel that Dave is really embracing his age now and he just doesn't give a fuck about other people's opinions of his dress style. He is who he is now and he's not trying to be DLR of 1986 anymore. He's being DLR of 2015 and I find that to be really cool. Dave was always a leader, not a follower.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Okay?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Honey you trying to milk that bull again
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

I'm billing you 20 bucks for the time it took me to read this horseshit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

You're right. Most guys who embrace their early 60's walk around with an open jean jacket and no shirt while revealing Japanese tattoos with 75% body coverage. My Dad did the same thing 10 years ago.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Oh, and by the way....

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by fraroc

Anyway, I personally think David Lee Roth looks more natural and just all around better from 2007-to now than he looked in 2002. In 2002, it seemed like he was trying way too hard to look younger. The pink or gold sequined suits, the blonde wig...To me, it all looked very artificial and yes, I would have preferred it if the 2004 Van Halen tour was with Dave instead of Sammy, but looking back...I don't think that the 2002 David Lee Roth "trying to be DLR from 1982" paired with the 2004 complete drunken trainwreck Eddie Van Halen would have made for a good reunion. Yeah, David would have no doubt been a great showman, but I feel like it would have really exacerbated the fact that Eddie wasn't in good shape that tour.

I feel that Dave is really embracing his age now and he just doesn't give a fuck about other people's opinions of his dress style. He is who he is now and he's not trying to be DLR of 1986 anymore. He's being DLR of 2015 and I find that to be really cool. Dave was always a leader, not a follower.
              Okay, I'l gonna say it right now. This live album is really good and I think that the DLR haters really exacerbated this thing to be worse than it really is. They prepared me to be dissapointed, but in the end, I found it to be decent. Dave sounded good on some songs, and really rough on other songs, but musically I mean....It sounds like Van Halen live.

I only wish that Van Halen would have released a live DVD of this show.
              Fragile Cock learned a new word!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

He's probably exacerbating right now...

Comment

• scott b
                  Groupie
                  • Jun 2005

Personally, i miss the old dave.now i feel like im watching harvey from tmz singing van halen tunes.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Comment

• philouze
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004

I didn't even take the time to read the first post. Boring, useless and boring again.
                      Is that some kind of "fucking fuck motherfuckin bitchin fuck" tirade?

Comment

• Mushroom
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2009

News flash: DLR never worried what others thought about his attire. How else do you explain the spandex and girls lingerie of the 80's?

Comment

• philouze
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004

I'm motherfuckin' pissed because you fuckin' bitches can't fuckin' stop fuckin' bitching about the fuckin' mighty David fuckin' Lee motherfuckin' Roth.
                          Do I fuckin' make myfuckinself fuckin' clear, bitches?
                          Fuckin' fuck. I'm gonna fuckin' slit some fuckin' throats.

Last edited by philouze; 04-02-2015, 09:53 AM. Reason: Too polite.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The pink or gold sequined suits, the blonde wig...To me, it all looked very artificial
                            Wig..? Are you kidding me..?

The idiot actually paid someone to make his natural and implanted hair look that way... Most likely hundred of dollars per sitting in some Hollywood shop when a $6.00 box of Clairol would have covered it.
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• philouze
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004

Found on hairlosshelp.com

Comment

Working...