• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VetteLS5
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS
    No I'm not...

Sesh said abortion keeps children off of the street...
    Well, not in the Public Service Announcement way that you're deliberately misrepresenting it to be. But, have fun as you wish...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Come on Elvis. That is harsh, and over the line. You don't talk about someone's kids like that.

Do you have kids?
      I am going to have to agree here. Cmon E.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I believe in free speech and pointing out bullshit when I see it...

And Biblical truth, which is far from fiction...
        I think Sesh was pointing out the specious conclusions drawn from correlations between two factors. Abortions DO keep kids off the street (thus reducing crime), but can hardly be said to be the reason that violent crime has dropped. He was being facetious, I think.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by binnie
          He was being facetious, I think.
          He was being a dick, as usual...

But I'm done...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Shouldn't;t religion at its core include doing unto others and all that. So shouldn't you be without prejudice showing Sesh the common decency of not making comments like that

It kind of makes all of your religious arguments null and void when common decency and looking out for your fellow man is thrown out the window
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

No I'm not...

Sesh said abortion keeps children off of the street...
              You are taking what he said out of context. That's what you bible thumpers do. That's the only way you can justify all the ignorance you believe in. It's like your own interpretation of your fairy tales.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Science Fiction?

Comment

• VetteLS5
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

It's like your own interpretation of your fairy tales.
                  If you say it over and over again, especially if you start the mantra as early as possible in life, then eventually to the naive it becomes their truth.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

He was being facetious, I think.
                    For Elvis, I think he had a "wooooosh" moment.

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's more likely to be increased abortions keeping kids off the streets. The former can be proved with statistics........
                      Let's look at that statement.

Blacks get more abortions per 1000 women than any other demographic. 40 per 1000 versus 12 per 1000 for white women, almost four times as many.

Blacks are about 13 percent of the population and continue to be responsible for an inordinate amount of crime. Between 1976 and 2005 blacks com*mitted more than half of all murders in the United States. The black arrest rate for most offenses — including robbery, aggravated assault and property crimes — is still typically two to three times their representation in the population.

Blacks as a group are also overrepresented among persons arrested for so-called white-collar crimes such as counterfeiting, fraud and embezzlement. (I threw that in there mainly for Ford.)

So either we should be thankful for the abortions, That without them the problem would only be worse................ OR that statement is utter bullshit, take your pick.
                      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VetteLS5
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                        Shouldn't;t religion at its core include doing unto others and all that. So shouldn't you be without prejudice showing Sesh the common decency of not making comments like that

It kind of makes all of your religious arguments null and void when common decency and looking out for your fellow man is thrown out the window
                        images.jpg

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by gbranton
                          Let's look at that statement.

Blacks get more abortions per 1000 women than any other demographic. 40 per 1000 versus 12 per 1000 for white women, almost four times as many.

Blacks are about 13 percent of the population and continue to be responsible for an inordinate amount of crime. Between 1976 and 2005 blacks com*mitted more than half of all murders in the United States. The black arrest rate for most offenses — including robbery, aggravated assault and property crimes — is still typically two to three times their representation in the population.

Blacks as a group are also overrepresented among persons arrested for so-called white-collar crimes such as counterfeiting, fraud and embezzlement. (I threw that in there mainly for Ford.)

So either we should be thankful for the abortions, That without them the problem would only be worse................ OR that statement is utter bullshit, take your pick.
                          So, spaying and neutering at birth, would do wonders for the crime rate?

Joke! It was a fucking Joke!

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

So, spaying and neutering at birth, would do wonders for the crime rate?

Joke! It was a fucking Joke!
                            I think I've found the source of the problem: the bible isn't big on laughter.
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

I think I've found the source of the problem: the bible
                              fo sho
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The argument is that legalized abortion reduces the unwanted children who then are more likely to commit crimes in the future.

Steven Levitt of the University of Chicago and John Donohue of Yale University revived discussion of this claim with their 2001 paper "The Impact of Legalized Abortion on Crime".

There has been some debate about it since.

Comment

Working...