So where are you going to see Van Halen?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I thought it sounded like the riff right before the harmonica break in The Full Bug.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
      Looks like Drop Dead Legs is making it to the setlist
      I love making fun of him when he can't remember how to play something. He didn't know I was filming till he looked up. A video posted by Wolf Van Halen (@wolfvanhalen) on Apr 20, 2015 at 2:35pm PDT
      That is actually Ed's impersonation of me attempting to play any of his stuff. And it still sounds better than me.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        I thought it sounded like the riff right before the harmonica break in The Full Bug.
        Listen to the chord going into it and Al plays the beat for a sec..
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I'm glad you said something, I was wondering what the hell it was....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• blueturk
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

Charlotte in September...

Comment

• george
              Roadie
              • Feb 2004

Gainesville, Virginia

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                Looks like Drop Dead Legs is making it to the setlist
                I love making fun of him when he can't remember how to play something. He didn't know I was filming till he looked up. A video posted by Wolf Van Halen (@wolfvanhalen) on Apr 20, 2015 at 2:35pm PDT
                Not necessarily.... they played "Drop Dead Legs" at soundchecks on the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour and the 2012 tour, but it still never made it to the actual stage. Certainly fortunate in the first case, at least, because Hagar attempting that song would has been as awful as his pathetic renditions of RWTD or Unchained (no I'm not posting that shit again).

It's unbelievable to me that they have never played this song live for real, not even in 1984.

Oh, and for the record, as to the thread topic.... I'm probably skipping this tour. Not entirely by choice..... my month long battle with America's shittiest cable monopoly just happened to begin right in time for me to miss the online ticket sales, and I won't pay the scalper price for this lineup.

(if there's still a physical Ticketbastard ticket outlet in this town, I wouldn't have the slightest fucking clue where it is)
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Holmdel NJ and Indianapolis. Van Halen on a summer night, outdoors? Yes Sir!

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD

Oh, and for the record, as to the thread topic.... I'm probably skipping this tour. Not entirely by choice..... my month long battle with America's shittiest cable monopoly just happened to begin right in time for me to miss the online ticket sales, and I won't pay the scalper price for this lineup.

(if there's still a physical Ticketbastard ticket outlet in this town, I wouldn't have the slightest fucking clue where it is)
                    If ticket sales are anything like they are here just hop online. There are plenty. I'm keeping it simple for this tour - $33 lawn tickets to hear Eddie tear it up is more than fair.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I wonder how this tour is going to do and when I say that I am referencing the venues.

Aren't many of these a nightmare to get into and out of and in the middle of nowhere in some cases? I wonder if more people would come to events indoors in the downtown core or the usual places.

I imagine more tix will be sold closer to the events but I think the results would be better in the local hockey/basketball arenas etc
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

If I can find some people to meet up with I'd like to see them in Houston in September.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

I will probably catch them in Camden.....I won't be in the country when they hit the PNC.

Comment

• qikgts
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2012

Looks like St. Louis and Tampa for me!
                            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                              Groupie
                              • May 2013

My son and I will be at the Raleigh show and I can't fucking wait !!!!!
                              I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2010

St. Louis in late July . Gonna be hot !

Comment

Working...