• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

Latest Interview with The RED TAMPON

From Ultimate Classic Rock 6 Hours Ago

Sammy Hagar isn’t pulling any punches when it comes to the new live album from his old band Van Halen.

“They’ve got some pretty rough vocals,” Hagar tells the Las Vegas Review Journal, before talking frankly about his attempts to avoid all things Van Halen when talking with reporters. “I try to stay away from criticism, but here I am, already starting this interview with it. It’s impossible to stay away from. Standing back, I’m just going, ‘What the (expletive) are these guys thinking?’”

The just-released Toyko Dome Live in Concert is Van Halen’s first-ever live recording with original frontman David Lee Roth — the singer Hagar succeeded in Van Halen between 1985-1996.

“I’m trying to tread lightly on the whole thing,” Hagar adds. “Every time they do something, I’m like, ‘Oh my god, can these guys do anything worse to their reputation and to the level of the music of the band?’”

Later, Hagar admits that he often thinks better of what he says about his ex-group, after the comments have already been published. “Yeah, I’ll tell you anything,” he said. “Then I read my interview, and I go, ‘Dammit, I shouldn’t have said that. Next time, I gotta watch out.’ After my 30,000th interview of my life, I’m still going, ‘Oh boy, I shouldn’t have done that.’”

Hagar has his own upcoming live album, recorded with a new group called Circle that features former Van Halen bandmate Michael Anthony. Roth and company are also set for a series of 2015 dates.

Read More: Sammy Hagar On Van Halen's New Live Album: 'What the (Expletive) Are These Guys Thinking?' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy...ckback=tsmclip
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Didn't Cabo Cunt claim that he "was as huge as Van Halen in 1984" and sold out all the same venues in his stupid book?

I don't pay attention to liars. My time is too important to waste on a delusional buttplug like Spambo.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
      ...Hagar tells the Las Vegas Review Journal, before talking frankly about his attempts to avoid all things Van Halen when talking with reporters.
      That is so fucking ridiculous it's approaching funny.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I just don't get it: let it be, Sam, let it be. You have more money than God and you've been successful in several careers now. Why can't you be happy?
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
          Veteran
          • May 2004

Yes. But setting aside the blatant hypocrisy and lies about "refraining" from any comments....he is right.

Dave is a joke.

Dave has chosen to be a joke. And has no excuse.

And thus, the RED TAMPON is correct.

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Point blank... Dave even on the Tokyo LP from the seven song stretch or so from Cradle Will Rock to Ice Cream Man is worth more than all the crap Hagar could come out with right now and that pretty much sums up the depth of distance of Van Halen and this B-movie Foreigner wannabe singer
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
              Veteran
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
              Point blank... Dave even on the Tokyo LP from the seven song stretch or so from Cradle Will Rock to Ice Cream Man is worth more than all the crap Hagar could come out with right now and that pretty much sums up the depth of distance of Van Halen and this B-movie Foreigner wannabe singer
              That's just ridiculous.

As much as I (and most of you) despise Sammy Hagar..and despise most of his songs....he at least sounds almost exactly like the studio recordings when he's live. Whether you like the songs or voice or jot isn't relevant.

Dave has become a joke and has chosen to be so.

He needs to either get his shit together BIG TIME....or just retire and try to salvage what little remains of his legacy.

DLR in 2007 "judge us harshly".

I've been judging Dave harshly since 1992. He's been an increasing joke since then. And he chose to be a joke.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Van Halen is the girlfriend Sammy just cant let go. He will never shut up about her , she is a bitch she is this she is that. One phone call and he goes crawling back.

Poor Sammy more money than god and it just doesn't make him happy
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by binnie
                  I just don't get it: let it be, Sam, let it be. You have more money than God and you've been successful in several careers now. Why can't you be happy?
                  He's living proof that money can't buy you happiness.

"But it can but you a yacht big enough to pull right along side it." DLR

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jetstream
                    I honestly think I would prefer Dave on a Kazoo every song than have Sammy on stage...better he is just there for ceremonial purposes that have to listen to one word spoken or sung by Mr. Hagar
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                      That's just ridiculous.

As much as I (and most of you) despise Sammy Hagar..and despise most of his songs....he at least sounds almost exactly like the studio recordings when he's live. Whether you like the songs or voice or jot isn't relevant.

Dave has become a joke and has chosen to be so.

He needs to either get his shit together BIG TIME....or just retire and try to salvage what little remains of his legacy.

DLR in 2007 "judge us harshly".

I've been judging Dave harshly since 1992. He's been an increasing joke since then. And he chose to be a joke.
                      Dave's made some questionable stage and vocal decisions for sure, but he's the furthest thing from a joke. I'll admit, Sam's voice has held up better. He's clearly taken better care of his pipes. But that doesn't change the fact that his music sucks and his attitude sucks even more. Have you heard Dave even mention Sam's name since they toured together in '02? Fuck his sour grapes ass.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                        I just don't get it: let it be, Sam, let it be.
                        I knew it was coming. He has a new project coming out, and this is his m.o. every time he does. He has to talk about them and cause a little controversy to get any attention.

Such a low class individual.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

Sam's entitled to his opinion, particularly if he was asked directly about the live album. I just happen to not give a fuck about his opinion about, well, anything.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Worse...people are questioning Dave's mental capacity or it being influenced...by Hagar's own statements he admits essentially to being obsessed by another band before his own goings-on. That is a little more than nuts isn't it?
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Sammy's jealousy is obvious..while VH is shutting down streets in hollywood and doing chessy tv shows, Sammy is starting up yet ANOTHER project coming soon to a state fair near you..Roth is laughing actually..

Comment

Working...