X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atomicpnk47
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Then the interview requests would dry up.
    Bingo! Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2007

[QUOTE=Angel;1881299]He wasn't even asked this time though...

Outside of the snippet from his thread I wasn't gong to waste my time reading that crap. He could've stopped after "They've got some pretty rough vocals"

Comment

• DaveTheScott
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2007

intentional dig??? see what I mean???

IMG_3659.JPG

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow that Vic character is clueless, why would he hold that guitar does he use one on stage?

I saw him play once on the Roth Hagar tour in 2002 and he was very mediocre.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Out of all the Roth/Hagar shows I was at, I watched his set maybe 2 or 3 times. He cannot play Ed for shit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If anything I found it confusing. I couldn't understand how anyone would have the fucking cheek to turn up to play Van Hagar songs in front of 14000 Van Halen fans as poorly as that. It wasn't a reinterpretation which would be a bad enough idea it was just a really shitty version of the originals.

This was 13 years ago so maybe he's improved a little.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I didn't watch Slappy's set when Dave brought him to Charlotte. And Dave absolutely killed that nite, I mean KILLED. Now, Brian did his own take on Ed's Eruption and I dug the hell out of it. But I've seen plenty of videos of Vic playing Ed's stuff and it sucks. I don't know if he just doesn't want to play the stuff just like Ed or what. Regardless, it comes across as mediocre at best to a guy like me who doesn't play geetar.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• DaveTheScott
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2007

Never seen Vic live...but here's pathetic personified. Hagar wants to comment on the live record? Fucking please...

Sloppy. Way off on his phrasing. Hey, he's getting paid and I'm not, but I'm just saying...I don't think it's a matter of wanting to play it "his way"...just can't fucking play. This is some Ed 2004 shit right here, and even with a cinderblock of meth and a case of Loon in his system, Ed smokes this guy.

Don't ban my ass, this is for educational purposes...please, teach your children to stay away from this shit. :-)

Sammy Hagar's Birthday Bash With Mike Anthony, Vic Johnson and Jason Bonham in Las Vegas 10-18-14.

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DaveTheScott
                      Never seen Vic live...but here's pathetic personified. Hagar wants to comment on the live record? Fucking please...

Sloppy. Way off on his phrasing. Hey, he's getting paid and I'm not, but I'm just saying...I don't think it's a matter of wanting to play it "his way"...just can't fucking play. This is some Ed 2004 shit right here, and even with a cinderblock of meth and a case of Loon in his system, Ed smokes this guy.

Don't ban my ass, this is for educational purposes...please, teach your children to stay away from this shit. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQhjKfu0S1c
                      Damn, and Hagar sounds horrid... WTF did I just see
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Wow. OK, so Vic just can't pull it off at all. I have no idea what he sounds like on any of Slappy's solo stuff cause I've never watched it. I just don't give two shits.
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think it's great that Hagar hires minorities but does he have to hire handicapped ones?
                          He obviously uses bar band level players so he can pocket more money.
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• DaveTheScott
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jetstream
                            Damn, and Hagar sounds horrid... WTF did I just see
                            Even if I weren't already biased...these guys showed up and played this shit , even with $15 tickets in a state fair parking lot, and I'd ask for my money back. Compare this to ANY ONE of the Kimmel shows...live before your bleeding ears...absorbing the greatness that is Dave and VH, even at 60 years old...then tell me with a straight face that Hagar has any kind of fucking point whatsoever.

Hey, I'll admit there's some spots on the Tokyo Dome album that made me cringe...Dave 2015 is not the Dave from 1981...

Even then, still NO fucking comparison. I'd pay ticket price to stand in a field and watch Dave drink a bud light and run his dogs before I'd support whatever this other shit is that Ham is calling a band. Remind me who's fans are getting ripped off on tickets again?

Comment

• DaveTheScott
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2007

Fuckyeah-LOL-dj-2012.jpg

Comment

• Jetstream
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Dec 2011

This is too fucking funny... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKnQ1wb-b4
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...