X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by SunisinuS
    Not a single one of them "Throat Sing". Tyler is a screech in full voice and Halford is just full voice. Plant has never done it on record. Dio certainly did not. Lol Freddie Mercury singing "On Fire"...nope never heard him sing anything close. So no one on your two lists could do it, we would have heard them do it on record or in a concert ipso factso. Of course Current Steel Panther frontman can do the "throat sing" but if you notice, he cannot do the nuances that Dave Used to be able to do with it.
    You honestly say Dave had a better voice than Jon Oliva?. I think Dave had a great voice, but let's not fool ourselves. You say in your previous post "Name one other singer" then go on to name one yourself. Kind of undermines the point you are trying to make, no?
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Bridge I had that book , don't know where it went tho , some wife got it in a divorce or something
      I think it was published out your way. Will check later. Has some great pictures.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        You honestly say Dave had a better voice than Jon Oliva?. I think Dave had a great voice, but let's not fool ourselves. You say in your previous post "Name one other singer" then go on to name one yourself. Kind of undermines the point you are trying to make, no?
        Had to look up who Jon Oliva was. I remember Savatage.

DB, you must be pissin' mad about how big that guy got. He's 3 Wolfgangs in 1!

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Technique I mentioned and then said he could not sing exactly the same way. And I love Jon Oliva on "Last Night This Week" but did not know he fronted a rock band.

I accept your apology.*

Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-21-2015, 03:09 PM. Reason: *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVzAC7mLxJw
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

To be honest. I saw David Lee Roth as the toastmaster general of the immoral majority and the cheerleader of one big party. A lyrical and bullshit master more than a musician. Who wanted him to be a musician anyways? The rest of the band were that. Dave was the game show host and he was spot on taking that character in the Hot for Teacher video.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

I'd be lying if I said that didn't nearly make me spit out my coffee. Well played Bridge

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

She'll be fucking livid when she sees this.

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Hey, all that talent's got to fit somewhere.

Jon Oliva gets a free pass - on EVERYTHING.

Can you name me ONE other person that can write about a melancholic song about a grinning monkey in New York? No, you can't. The concept is just way too fucking ridiculous to be anything other than a vaudevillian comedy. Yet he did it.

Of course, there's also the small fact that he was almost single-handedly keeping not one, but two bands afloat with his amazing songwriting, but that's just peanuts compared to the monkey business.

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    She'll be fucking livid when she sees this.
                    If you look closely, you can see the markings of his y fronts, on that picture.

Cheers!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                      If you look closely, you can see the markings of his y fronts, on that picture.

Cheers!
                      All due respect...but I don't want to look that close....
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

On the subject of Jon's weight

He has a good 30 years on Wolf, It would be a hell of a lot harder for Jon to slim down than for Wolf. Not at all a case of just eating clean and hitting the gym, that could potentially do more damage to Jon than good. He would need a very carefully planned diet and exercise routine to avoid putting strain on his heart.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

It would be a hell of a lot harder for Jon to slim down than for Wolf.
                          Bullshit. Hypocrite!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

On the subject of Jon's weight

He has a good 30 years on Wolf, It would be a hell of a lot harder for Jon to slim down than for Wolf. Not at all a case of just eating clean and hitting the gym, that could potentially do more damage to Jon than good. He would need a very carefully planned diet and exercise routine to avoid putting strain on his heart.
                            Of course. There are lots of people who fit that bill. It's not necessarily a case of letting yourself go. It's like Cartman said, "I'm not fat. I'm big boned!" Anyone see Matthew Sweet lately? He's tripled in size. Being naturally large, thanks to your parents and your parents parents and so on, is something you don't just work off once. You've got to keep at it for forever. Certainly no easy task.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

David Lee Roth is the Pete Rose of music. Well, was.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Of course. There are lots of people who fit that bill. It's not necessarily a case of letting yourself go. It's like Cartman said, "I'm not fat. I'm big boned!" Anyone see Matthew Sweet lately? He's tripled in size. Being naturally large, thanks to your parents and your parents parents and so on, is something you don't just work off once. You've got to keep at it for forever. Certainly no easy task.
                                I'll say this though, I believe if Jon (or Wolf) really wanted to lose the weight he absolutely could. I honestly believe with the right mind set and motivation there is nothing you can't do with your body.

Comment

Working...