X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
    This is true. It doesn't figure a great deal in sports coverage here in the UK. I don't know about the rest of Europe.
    Well, if there is one country - or amalgamation of countries, or whatever it is you call that mess you guys live in - where American sports would take root, would be the UK, or one of its countries, damn this is confusing to word correctly.

As you said, it's a cultural thing & the UK, for better or worse, shares the most with Von's shithole in terms of culture.

All this to say, if you guys don't give a fuck about American sports, then imagine the rest of the world. Nada. Zero. Zilch, fuck all!

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Seriously, this is what passes for entertainment these days? This sucks. They should have had Winger play the whole show.
      Winger ft. Tom Cruise as a guest singer.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
        Winger ft. Tom Cruise as a guest singer.
        No, Winger plays the show, then The Cruiser parachutes onto the stage and sings Old Time Rock And Roll while all the womarns in the crowd rip off their panties and throw them at the stage.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Then Ed comes out on the field, with his electric twanger geetar and gets run over by both teams running back out onto the field. Holy shit that would be the best half time show EVER!!!

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Well, if there is one country - or amalgamation of countries, or whatever it is you call that mess you guys live in - where American sports would take root, would be the UK, or one of its countries, damn this is confusing to word correctly.

As you said, it's a cultural thing & the UK, for better or worse, shares the most with Von's shithole in terms of culture.

All this to say, if you guys don't give a fuck about American sports, then imagine the rest of the world. Nada. Zero. Zilch, fuck all!
            Well, it is on TV now! BBC -- so theoretically accessible to the whole country. But it is nearly 2am here, and therein lies one of the big differences -- time zones. For me it is just colourful shapes occupying my visual field as I sink yet another beer, and blast Live Bootleg by Aerosmith and ask myself, 'am I having another ...?'
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
              Well, it is on TV now! BBC -- so theoretically accessible to the whole country. But it is nearly 2am here, and therein lies one of the big differences -- time zones. For me it is just colourful shapes occupying my visual field as I sink yet another beer, and blast Live Bootleg by Aerosmith and ask myself, 'am I having another ...?'
              Yeah, we used to have the NBA season here, I don't know if we still do, but it was relegated to a low ratings channel despite being live, while the other channels just showed movies, or something.

Much as Von likes to inflate his country's importance, nobody really cares. There's Hollywood & not much else.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                No, Winger plays the show, then The Cruiser parachutes onto the stage and sings Old Time Rock And Roll while all the womarns in the crowd rip off their panties and throw them at the stage.
                You mean the Bob Seger song? I like that, but not sung by Cruise's gay whiny voice.

I assume you'd be throwing your panties at him as well?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

You mean the Bob Seger song? I like that, but not sung by Cruise's gay whiny voice.

I assume you'd be throwing your panties at him as well?
                  Right at the TV!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This game went exactly the way I wanted it to. The Hillary Clinton of the NFL - arrogant little self entitled bitch Cam Newton - got his ass handed to him. Repeatedly.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh Christ, they're playing Van Hagar in the background??
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                        This game went exactly the way I wanted it to. The Hillary Clinton of the NFL - arrogant little self entitled bitch Cam Newton - got his ass handed to him. Repeatedly.
                        Racist!

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I'm sure Newton would call me one, since he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he's the first black man to ever throw a football.

Guess he forgot about Warren Moon, who won the Rose Bowl in 1978 (before Bitch Newton was born, even) for the mighty UW Huskies, and then went on to play in the NFL for the Vikings, the Oilers, and the Seahawks.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

You can tell Frankie Boyle is Scottish because of the awkward phrasing.

It's obvious he used Google to translate his text to English.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Moon never won a Super Bowl. But he was a great great QB. One of my all time favorites.

Doug Williams and Russell Wilson have won Super Bowls.

Air McNair was a great QB too.

Comment

Working...