X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueturk
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Eddie Says He's Fine With Mistakes On New Live Album

As I've said before, this is not the CVH live album you really want. I wouldn't be here if I weren't a DLR/CVH fan, but we all know there are better live representations of the band from 150 shows since Dave rejoined the band. This should have been a band decision, but it doesn't sound like one...

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Eddie Van Halen told Guitar World in a new interview that he was okay with leaving mistakes on VAN HALEN's new concert album, "Live: Tokyo Dome In Concert". Eddie explained, "There are mistakes. After it was mixed I listened to a few parts and went, ‘Okay, I fucked t...
    Last edited by blueturk; 04-28-2015, 09:10 PM.
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by blueturk
    As I've said before, this is not the CVH live album you really want. I wouldn't be here if I weren't a DLR/CVH fan, but we all know there are better live representations of the band from 150 shows since Dave rejoined the band. This should have been a band decision, but it doesn't sound like one...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/edd...n-halen-album/
    I'm telling you, Dave chose Japan because of his close-knit relationship with that country.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If Eddie is fine with mistakes in an official live performance, then why the fuck hasn't he released the US Festival?

The entire band is making mistakes, and it's still one Hell of an entertaining show. And wasn't that the goddamned point?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
        I'm telling you, Dave chose Japan because of his close-knit relationship with that country.
        Also.. Most likely VH sells more albums these days in Japan than the States.
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nigel
          Roadie
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
          Also.. Most likely VH sells more albums these days in Japan than the States.
          You beat me to the punch. . line. Dave knows every attendee (times each venue in Japan)
          will probably buy it guaranteeing at least gold status.

Dave living in Tokyo just happens to be a good excuse for him to rationalize it.

If Dave OR Van Halen gave a shit (like the old days) all they'd would have to do is hand-pick
          from Baltimore 08' to make it CVH-worthy; and add to the ADKOT tunes.

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Nigel
            You beat me to the punch. . line. Dave knows every attendee (times each venue in Japan)
            will probably buy it guaranteeing at least gold status.

Dave living in Tokyo just happens to be a good excuse for him to rationalize it.

If Dave OR Van Halen gave a shit (like the old days) all they'd would have to do is hand-pick
            from Baltimore 08' to make it CVH-worthy; and add to the ADKOT tunes.
            Right, like those young partying motherfuckers would say, "Let's hand pick this LP and go through all this tape". These are the same guys which released a cover loaded "Dive Down" to satisfy a record company so they could tour... this is rock and roll, and the decisions and work in this spectrum has never been serious lol
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Eh, when you make records that fleece your fans what's a mistake or two?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't know... I'm thinking it's like Jerry Lewis and the French. He found an audience that thinks his shit is over the top funny genius when his original fan base grew tired of it and it became dated and creepy to watch over and over...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fraroc
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  I don't know... I'm thinking it's like Jerry Lewis and the French. He found an audience that thinks his shit is over the top funny genius when his original fan base grew tired of it and it became dated and creepy to watch over and over...
                  Maybe fans over there aren't as ungrateful as the fans over here.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Jeezus FUCK! Fanboys are a fucking plague.

What's to be thankful about? If you feel thankful for taking it up the ass repeatedly, that's YOUR fucking problem.

Your kind does more harm than good. You lap up every dump that your idols take. If they can get away with releasing shit, why would they bother to up their game?

I know this may be a novel concept to you, but when you know that someone you like is capable of so much more, the right thing to do is PUSH that someone to do their best, not give them a cookie every time they refuse to do something.

No wonder your dad is ashamed of you. I bet every time he tries to make a man out of you, your mom steps in & coddles you back into a baby with milk & cookies.

Man up. Your idols fucked up. Repeatedly. Acknowledge that like any sane person would & tell them to go fuck themselves. We all know that won't do any good with this "band", but rimjobs should be reserved for sexual interactions only.

Cheers!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Respect is earned and it's a two way street, pal...

As Izzy pointed out... when you won't deliver what you're capable of because you don't care or you're more focused on your portable dance floor... gratitude goes out the door and it's an all uphill route to coming back. I'd be perfectly content and "grateful" if the Singer™ would just try to hit the melody in the same key and octave range that made the damn songs great to begin with...

Leave the spastic Al Jolson, Dancing with the Stars routine at home with the fucking dog...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                        Jeezus FUCK! Fanboys are a fucking plague.

What's to be thankful about? If you feel thankful for taking it up the ass repeatedly, that's YOUR fucking problem.

Your kind does more harm than good. You lap up every dump that your idols take. If they can get away with releasing shit, why would they bother to up their game?

I know this may be a novel concept to you, but when you know that someone you like is capable of so much more, the right thing to do is PUSH that someone to do their best, not give them a cookie every time they refuse to do something.

No wonder your dad is ashamed of you. I bet every time he tries to make a man out of you, your mom steps in & coddles you back into a baby with milk & cookies.

Man up. Your idols fucked up. Repeatedly. Acknowledge that like any sane person would & tell them to go fuck themselves. We all know that won't do any good with this "band", but rimjobs should be reserved for sexual interactions only.

Cheers!
                        You know what, first of all, I respect Dave for what he's doing now. You know why? Becuase he has never been one to conform to what anyone else deemed acceptable. He did his own thing and I'm happy he's still doing his own thing, the man is living life on his own terms and I really respect that.

Secondly, when I talk about ungrateful VH fans, I'm talking about the kind who would go up to a teenage or a pre-teen Van Halen fan who is super excited to see them on this tour, possibly for the first time in their young lives, and say "Yeah? Well I saw the REAL Van Halen back in 1981, you ain't got shit!" Like it or not, Van Halen as Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen + David Lee Roth is how VH exists in the 21st century, save for the ungodly 2004 Sammy Hagar reunion. This is the only version of Classic Van Halen that the young people of the world can see live in 2015. Therefore, fuck ANYONE who would try and make someone (who probably wasn't even born then) feel bad for not seeing the 1974-1984 lineup of VH. Rock n' Roll has always been a young man's game, the youth of America who still like classic rock deserve their chance to see their favorite bands, which is why I hate these ungrateful "please retire" fans.

My Dad actually agrees with me on this, he's seeing VH with me, in fact.
                        Last edited by fraroc; 04-30-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

A fine retort.

Comment

• blueturk
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

You know what, first of all, I respect Dave for what he's doing now. You know why? Becuase he has never been one to conform to what anyone else deemed acceptable. He did his own thing and I'm happy he's still doing his own thing, the man is living life on his own terms and I really respect that.

Secondly, when I talk about ungrateful VH fans, I'm talking about the kind who would go up to a teenage or a pre-teen Van Halen fan who is super excited to see them on this tour, possibly for the first time in their young lives, and say "Yeah? Well I saw the REAL Van Halen back in 1981, you ain't got shit!" Like it or not, Van Halen as Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen + David Lee Roth is how VH exists in the 21st century, save for the ungodly 2004 Sammy Hagar reunion. This is the only version of Classic Van Halen that the young people of the world can see live in 2015. Therefore, fuck ANYONE who would try and make someone (who probably wasn't even born then) feel bad for not seeing the 1974-1984 lineup of VH. Rock n' Roll has always been a young man's game, the youth of America who still like classic rock deserve their chance to see their favorite bands, which is why I hate these ungrateful "please retire" fans.

My Dad actually agrees with me on this, he's seeing VH with me, in fact.
                            While Imapus Sylicker seems to have anger management issues with the state of Van Halen today, I'm simply disappointed at what I've seen and heard so far. Be that as it may, I'm glad that you get to see 3/4 of the original lineup of quite possibly the greatest American band live in concert. For all the bashing, the fact is that it's not VH without Dave. Hell, my kids like Thin Lizzy (yeah that's what I said!) but they'll never get to see anything remotely resembling them live. Better for you to get to see this show than "Lynyrd Skynyrd" with maybe one remaining original member, "Queen' with whoever the hell sings for them now, or for that matter the current "Thin Lizzy" lineup. Have a fucking blast, kid!
                            Last edited by blueturk; 04-30-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Fraroc, this line of thinking is part of the problem. What has anyone got to be grateful for? Van Halen putting out an album and charging $15 for it? are you grateful to the store when you go to buy groceries? it is exactly the same thing

If you like it that is great, but it is ridiculous to call those that don't ungrateful.
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...