X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heater
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Just listened to some of the samples of the Circle live album. Sam is just one big glass house for saying "what were they thinking?" regarding the Tokyo vocals. He just sounds tired and flat.

In the sample for Why Can't This Be Love? you get to hear enough of Mike singing lead to know that he'd never cut it as a lead singer.

This has to be at least the 5th time Hagar has put out a VH cover CD. No "deep cuts" from that guy. Same 5 or 6 songs every time. I wonder if it's because "deep" in Van Hagar terms equals absolute garbage album filler.
    So, pointing out the vocal shortcomings of others makes Dave sound that much better? Mike isnt that good either, thank God we have Wolfie in the band now? Deep cuts? Dave spent the 20 years he was banging on the door to be let back in singing Jump to anyone who would listen. At least he's still nailing 19 year old groupies every night, right?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Heater
      So, pointing out the vocal shortcomings of others makes Dave sound that much better? Mike isnt that good either, thank God we have Wolfie in the band now? Deep cuts? Dave spent the 20 years he was banging on the door to be let back in singing Jump to anyone who would listen. At least he's still nailing 19 year old groupies every night, right?
      You try too hard man. Take a deep breathe. I don't think Dave sounds great now at all, but it was your boy who offered up an unsolicited knock at Dave. Are you saying it's illegal for me to simply say he's not sounding so good himself?

Regarding Mike, he claimed he could do a better job singing the VH songs. I beg to differ.

I could give a fuck who or what Dave is "nailing". You sure think about it enough though.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

At least he's still nailing 19 year old groupies every night, right?
        The only thing 19 years old that Diamond Dave is nailing is picture hangers on his memory wall...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          The only thing 19 years old that Diamond Dave is nailing is picture hangers on his memory wall...
          While that's most likely true at this point, there's no reason to encourage Bleater.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            While that's most likely true at this point, there's no reason to encourage Bleater.
            I doubt he'd even register the idea to duck as it sailed over his head...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DlocRoth
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
              I saw YFLM twice - Birmingham and Atlanta. Someone please add these dates to that shitty list that was posted.
              He was in Minneapolis too. I was there.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                And Heater. He's the 19 year old groupie.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  And Heater. He's the 19 year old groupie.
                  Going by Bleater's previous posts, obsessed with his fantasy of Dave being gay, he apparently wishes he was the 19 year old groupie.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Heater
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Nov 2010

You try too hard man. Take a deep breathe. I don't think Dave sounds great now at all, but it was your boy who offered up an unsolicited knock at Dave. Are you saying it's illegal for me to simply say he's not sounding so good himself?

Regarding Mike, he claimed he could do a better job singing the VH songs. I beg to differ.

I could give a fuck who or what Dave is "nailing". You sure think about it enough though.
                    Never said your preference for your man Dave was/is illegal. It's not.
                    Mike doesnt do a worse job than Roth does these days, granted that isnt saying much.
                    I couldnt give a fuck who Dave nails, you admit you could, its right there in your quote.

Perhaps you should take a BREATH. Unless you can explain how one takes a deep BREATHE.

Comment

• Heater
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                      Going by Bleater's previous posts, obsessed with his fantasy of Dave being gay, he apparently wishes he was the 19 year old groupie.

Stand back, its FORD, the resident beastiality authority.
                      Isnt he a moderator here?
                      No, hes a SUPER moderator!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Never said your preference for your man Dave was/is illegal. It's not.
                        Mike doesnt do a worse job than Roth does these days, granted that isnt saying much.
                        I couldnt give a fuck who Dave nails, you admit you could, its right there in your quote.

Perhaps you should take a BREATH. Unless you can explain how one takes a deep BREATHE.
                        A grammar nazi come-back? You're slipping!

Seriously, not trying to diss on Mike. I like the guy. I just do not think my ears could withstand a full cd or concert of him singing lead.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by perrin29
                          I noticed that too. And by quality he can't be talking quality of the songs because Spam is not delusional enough to think his output is superior to that of the Roth years....right? He can't be saying because I wouldn't know where to even start....
                          Oh he is. Like most of the Hag trolls Sam himself thinks it's all better stuff because those albums hit number one. But other than the love songs on Jack FM you NEVER hear any of that stuff anymore. Who would want Dave too sing that shit anyways ??? 1 out of 50 girls thinking of buying a ticket ??

Comment

• Jetstream
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Dec 2011

A grammar nazi come-back? You're slipping!

Seriously, not trying to diss on Mike. I like the guy. I just do not think my ears could withstand a full cd or concert of him singing lead.
                            I do not like or dislike Mike because in the big picture he did not really write anything in Van Halen and is about as interesting as cardboard... and his background vocals of late is more of a ear sore to me than Roth of recent or Sammy, because singing way too fucking high beyond any harmonies does not make it good because your way the fuck out of everyone's range, especially with a powerful voice overshadowing everything out of key lol
                            Last edited by Jetstream; 05-29-2015, 05:38 PM.
                            I got lost in the...

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

This Mike should be singing bullshit is just that - bullshit.. seems it's always mentioned by someone who calls him 'Mikey'.. fuck that shit.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

When I heard Sobolewski sing "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" on the VDIII tour, I thought he did a good job.

But let's keep that in context.... the alternative would have been Cherone singing it. And he still had Eddie & Alex playing on it.

When he sings Van Halen songs with Hagar's band, it's just wrong. Particularly with Vic the Busboy who has been playing with Hagar for 19 years now and still can't play Eddie's guitar parts right.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...