X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jetstream
    I do not like or dislike Mike because in the big picture he did not really write anything in Van Halen and is about as interesting as cardboard... and his background vocals of late is more of a ear sore to me than Roth of recent or Sammy, because singing way too fucking high beyond any harmonies does not make it good because your way the fuck out of everyone's range, especially with a powerful voice overshadowing everything out of key lol
    Agreed. I'm actually more critical of Dave's separatist sentiments in interviews and overall odd behavior than I am of his voice right now. While DTNA, Panama and Chinatown on Tokyo make me run for cover, the rest I can listen to. Will be interesting to see how this tour plays out.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      Agreed. I'm actually more critical of Dave's separatist sentiments in interviews and overall odd behavior than I am of his voice right now. While DTNA, Panama and Chinatown on Tokyo make me run for cover, the rest I can listen to. Will be interesting to see how this tour plays out.
      And therein lies the rub. Do I care about Gary Richrath splitting with REO Speed Wagon (apparently, decades ago, then again I recently read the Grateful Dead are still around this summer, despite Jerry Garcia's inconvenient dirt nap)? Not so much, as the band were reduced to playing live stock shows for an audience, pretty much where the Cherone fronted VH were headed, opening shows for David Hasselhoff autograph seekers at car shows. Fuck, talk credibility, the turds in Journey found their latest lead singer on YouTube, for shit's sake.

I honestly don't care anymore, nor should any of us. How many of us have seen a clue-challenged coworker promoted or given a raise, while we have toiled away correcting that very moron's mistakes unnoticed nor acknowledged? It's life in a Dilbert cartoon, as is rock n roll.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
        Particularly with Vic the Busboy who has been playing with Hagar for 19 years now and still can't play Eddie's guitar parts right.
        Vic the busboy? Racist bastard.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          Geezus.... didn't you ever see the Eddie Murphy comedy special from the 80s?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
            Geezus.... didn't you ever see the Eddie Murphy comedy special from the 80s?
            It was a joke Turd. If I was serious I'd have called you a hypocritical liberal too.
            BTW. Everything Eddie said in the 80s was funny. I've used that not enough so I OD hundreds of times. Once or twice before I actually did.
            Last edited by cadaverdog; 05-29-2015, 10:42 PM.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
              Not necessarily. I'm sure Vic was a great busboy in Cabo when Sammy found him. It would definitely make sense considering his guitar playing ability.

TAG
              I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Jetstream
                Foot Soldier
                • Dec 2011

The internet is full of unqualified trash and for a media recluse band like Van Halen, they are in for the virtual attack, but seeing how hyper sensitive and butt hurt Hagar is, is a real treat. On his Facebook, he is posting a poll reminder so his crappy incarnation band can win the meaningless "Ultimate Classic Rock" contest posting him against Van Halen's live LP and made sure to post Guitar Player Magazine's article online which had a hack make excuses for Hagar's sales as if the Van Halen actual sales with Roth are not legit compared to his. I think if not only Roth, but Edward would make a belittling comment on Hagar on occasion in a nonchalant basis, he would end up in a psycho ward where he belongs
                I got lost in the...

Comment

• 'Nuff Said
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by VAiN
                  This Mike should be singing bullshit is just that - bullshit.. seems it's always mentioned by someone who calls him 'Mikey'.. fuck that shit.
                  I'm with you there. He's been licking Samuel's ass for too long too. It's over Johnny.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
                    Not necessarily. I'm sure Vic was a great busboy in Cabo when Sammy found him. It would definitely make sense considering his guitar playing ability.
                    He's no EVH but he played a more inspired set than Dave's guitarist did when I saw The Dave and Sam show in San Bernadino. Dave opened. Sam closed. IMO Brian Young did a great job playing the songs note for note but not enough ad libbing was done. He did what he did in the Punks. Imitated EVH. Vic played the songs without imitating EVH. I wish I could find videos of both bands from that show and listen to them again.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...