Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

I like Steve Earle but the guy is now classified as 'Americana', though he is one of the few people out there who actually will do real country music
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      The "template" is pretty simple for guitar... rhythm is a combination of G, C & D chords in various order with Em or F thrown into the chorus, bridge or turn around. Most are just the Major chords but some spice them up using minors, aug's, or 7th's mostly on the C. This applies to country, rock and folk/hippie music.
      Ha! ha! Turn the amp down and get into the bridge pickup for some twang and finger pick and you got country and turn the amp up so it's clipping square waves and throttle them chords with a flat pick and you got rock and roll!
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
        God, that's even better than when a local country station (no longer in existence) made a mashup of Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" and Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (both overproduced by Mutt Lange, of course)
        It's like Mutt Lange solo albums with different singers, Bryan Adams sang on one as well...

The worst are the Pour Some Sugar/ Pat a Cake Pat a Cake Bakers Man ones he slips onto every second album, I hate all the versions of that song.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-12-2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          There's great music and movies out there, you just have to search harder for it these days.

The weird thing now is the famous for being famous phenomenon.
          No you don't.

It's never been easier to find decent stuff. The problem is that nobody fucking cares.

How long are you guys going to blame the industry for the current state of entertainment instead of realising where the REAL problem is?

Take Disney's Frozen. I am not going to write what you think I will.

Like everybody else on the planet, I have watched it, but I did so purely because of my nieces. I wouldn't have watched it otherwise. I'm being honest here. Well, you know what? I'm fucking glad I did.

Disney, of all people - corporations are people now - released a children's tale that rips apart the status quo. You have a children's film that tells you that it's OK to be alone as a lifestyle & other people have no business in judging you nor should you give a flying fuck about what they think. It tells you that you don't have to conform to society's medieval rules.

They completely shredded the Prince Charming character that has been their bread & butter for so long by blatantly telling children that there are people out there who will USE them if they let them.

I'm prepared to say it's easily one of the best films, animated or otherwise, that I watched in the last few years.

YET, what did people get out of it? I'll tell you - for about 99% of the people, Frozen is about pretty dresses & beautiful songs. And Elsa may be a lesbian, even though there's nothing in there that implies it & it takes a fucking huge leap of logic to get there, but there you go. THAT'S IT! All the innovations in the story are completely lost because story is complicated, look at the pretty dress, I'm going to sing this song & put it on YouTube.

PEOPLE. THAT is what's wrong. That is why entertainment is the way it is. That is why the world is the way it is. Because that's what people want.

MOST PEOPLE LIKE IT THIS WAY. Let's all deal with it & suck it up. And it'll get worse before it gets better.

Cheers!

Comment

• Carloscda
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2009

For those that continually bitch & moan about Dave have you heard Paul Stanley lately, even back in 2011?! Or Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger etc?!!

How great it would be to be in your 20s-30s again but Dave is in his 60's get over it already!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Carloscda
              For those that continually bitch & moan about Dave have you heard Paul Stanley lately, even back in 2011?! Or Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger etc?!!

How great it would be to be in your 20s-30s again but Dave is in his 60's get over it already!!

Stephen Pearcy sounds worse than all of them, IMO.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Probably a blessing in disguise that jhale didn't get that gig...
                Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                  Probably a blessing in disguise that jhale didn't get that gig...
                  I don't think Pearcy is in this carnation.....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jetstream
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2011

Him and that whole band sound like crap now... plus it does not help that Pearcy is a psychotic meth head now lol
                    I got lost in the...

Comment

• SilvioDante
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      I saw VH in 2012, I saw McCartney just this last October. McCartney is miles better than Dave at this point. At least he tries to sing in the right octave. There where points where his voice was weak, but you could pick out the melody of the song. Crap, half the time Dave is just scatting the lyrics.

Oh yeah, and Paul is 72.
                      "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                        I saw VH in 2012, I saw McCartney just this last October. McCartney is miles better than Dave at this point. At least he tries to sing in the right octave. There where points where his voice was weak, but you could pick out the melody of the song. Crap, half the time Dave is just scatting the lyrics.

Oh yeah, and Paul is 72.
                        That's where my concert $$$ are going this summer. Paul is playing Philly, and I plan to be there instead of traveling to some outdoor venue off the beaten path to hear Dave murder CVH tunes.
                        Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• perrin29
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

Sunday night. Let's see what unfolds.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As the preacher said to his elderly wife...

Comment

• DaveTheScott
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2007

I'd pay $100 to have Kanye run up on stage in protest, just to see Dave kick his ass...

Comment

• VAiN
                                Use my hand, I won't look
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DaveTheScott
                                I'd pay $100 to have Kanye run up on stage in protest, just to see Dave kick his ass...
                                Oh man, is it too late to get a kickstarter for that??

I'd love to see an interview with them together.. Just try to get a word in Kanye!
                                Originally posted by wiseguy
                                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...