• Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I see now. All of you were 33 in 1985.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't think I intended to stop listening to new music when I was 33. But as it happened, that pretty much coincided with the time when corporate consolidation of record companies and radio ruined the music industry, and everything that came after that was autotuned bubblegum, hip-hop repeating all the same bullshit that the rappers had already done by 1988, or Nashville establishment "country", which was largely a tool of right wing propaganda when Chimpy was in the White House.

Yeah, there are arguably new bands out there who are worth a shit, but I don't go to bars as much as I used to, so I rarely get to hear them. Other than the fucking idiot punk rock bass player upstairs who's making noise 24/7 (closer to Sid Vicious than Mike Watt, unfortunately)
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I got married when I turned 32. Started tuning out just about every form of entertainment as I was adjusting to a new type of living. I do recall hearing the White Stripes for the first time when I was 33 and recall not being near as impressed as every teen or twenty-something around me. I honestly don't recall much of anything "new" in the early 2000's that impressed me much. The Strokes were ok, but nothing to back flip over. These days, I actually find myself taking an interest in newer bands that happen to be in a Pandora rotation of a more classic band. That's how I stumbled on to a band out Kristy's way called Rose Hill Drive that I was pleasantly surprised with.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think I was younger than 33. Probably during grunge.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Well, I still out

with my out

33 is just an age.

T'was playing Jerry Lee Lewis this morning with a nice rock 'n' roll salad on the side.
            Last edited by Kristy; 05-04-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Rock 'n' Roll!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
                Well, I still out

with my out

pumice out with my clock out...?
                Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 05-04-2015, 06:04 PM. Reason: boobs
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VetteLS5
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  pumice out with my clock out...?
                  Put that thing away. Unlike the other famous saying, I doubt your timekeeper is ever right, let alone 2x a day.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                    Put that thing away. Unlike the other famous saying, I doubt your timekeeper is ever right, let alone 2x a day.
                    nope nutswing.gif
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

I've never been married but I lost my interest in new music a little earlier than that. But at the same time I became more open minded about music that I had no interest in listening to when I was younger. Classic hard rock is still my favorite but I'll listen to Motown, some disco, MTV music video era music and even a little pop if I like the song. I still blame MTV for what happened to DLR though.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

I've mainly given up on searching for new music via traditional means of MTV and terrestrial radio. I prefer to scour through Amazon.com and Satellite radio for new music.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          Interesting....

You stop listening to new music at age 33, earlier for parents, study finds

http://m.music.cbc.ca/blogs/2015/4/Y...ts-study-finds
                          Didn't read the article, but this seems odd. I have found that most of my friends that used to like rock have gone country in their 30's, which left me no friends to go to concerts with. New country doesn't interest me. I still love rock music, but I have also found lots of stuff on Pandora that I never gave a chance before (I see you already mentioned Pandora - I was going to recommend.) For example, John Mayer, besides porking everyone in Hollywood, has written some very good songs. Pretty funny too on the Twatter. You just never know.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Holy shit Rulz. We're living in the same hell, friend-wise. A good 2/3 of my friends listen to this modern rockin' country shit, and they're all convinced that I'm missing the boat. I'd rather swim for my life then hop aboard and listen to vapid, corporate, churned out shit about beer and tail-gates.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2005

We know better. That shit sucks. That Florida George Line kind of shit. There are a dozen guys singing and sounding the same way - and looking the same way. I just listen to what I want and relish in my superior taste (and make fun) while they waste their time on that bandwagon.

Comment

Working...