Tentative new 2015 VH retro t-shirt design?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdk1967
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

Tentative new 2015 VH retro t-shirt design?

What does everyone think of this design?

• Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I don't like the one on the left, but the right is pretty cool.
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I think they both suck...primarily because of the stupid copyright watermarks plastered across the middle.

Speaking of copyright...better watch out with the one on the left. That's the original VH logo, and I'm sure Ed's lawyers are still quite alert.

Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        I don't like the one on the left, but the right is pretty cool.
        I believe that the left is the front, and the right is the back.

But ultimately I don't give a fuck about a t-shirt from a guy who has 126 posts spread over 11 years. Sounds like an opportunist to me, trying to scam cash from VH fans every time the band has stuck their head above water since 2004.

The funniest part is the rampant copyrighting....of copyrighted logos that belong to others. I guess he's just making sure nobody steals the stuff that HE stole.
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
          I believe that the left is the front, and the right is the back.

But ultimately I don't give a fuck about a t-shirt from a guy who has 126 posts spread over 11 years. Sounds like an opportunist to me, trying to scam cash from VH fans every time the band has stuck their head above water since 2004.

The funniest part is the rampant copyrighting....of copyrighted logos that belong to others. I guess he's just making sure nobody steals the stuff that HE stole.
          I figured. I think the one on the right would look better on the front with a blank back. Ultimately though, I don't really give a fuck either. You have to admire the balls of the guy though, coming here and trying to pass off some quick copy and paste logos off as his own stuff.
          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• VetteLS5
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            Every time I see that picture, my first thought is "what is Billy Powell from Lynyrd Skynyrd doing standing next to Al in that picture".

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I always figured this shirt (front logo) never got official release as it is Mark Stone's design. Oddly enough, I've seen pictures of Mike Anthony wearing one just like it on the '04 utter implosion tour.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  STOP STARING!! vandy and ilickwhatiwant

nutswing.gif
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    I always figured this shirt (front logo) never got official release as it is Mark Stone's design. Oddly enough, I've seen pictures of Mike Anthony wearing one just like it on the '04 utter implosion tour.
                    I've seen pictures of all of them in that shirt at one point or another over the years. And I know they used to use it on flyers for club shows.

Whether it was official or not, the assclown author of this post still lifted it and doesn't hold any "copyright" authority whatsoever just because he arranged a bunch of others people's logos on a t-shirt.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, I'm thinking that won't work out too well for him, myself.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I'd have to say that the range of VH merch is dire. When you look at what AC/DC, Motorhead, Maiden and so on do, it is another mark in the 'how can they fuck the business side up so badly?' column.

Guys, here is my money: take it. Give me something to fucking buy.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• mdk1967
                          Roadie
                          • Feb 2004

Uh, gee, thank you so much for your opinions, guys.

You disappoint me - you're total missing the point.

This is a perspective and tentative t-shirt design I may submit to the "powers that be" for mass production, availability and legal sale (not by me). I wasn't trying to pass off anything as my own. I watermarked the design of the shirt, not the logos, so some opportunist wouldn't do what I'm being accused of trying to do.

Assclown? Oo, that hurts. Rampant copyright infringement? I didn't know some of you were attorneys, judges and juries. Your ignorance is embarrassing. It's a design example, fellas, and under Fair Use, at this point, it's perfectly legal (no permission needed). I'm not trying to steal anything. If I was, do you really think I'd be drawing attention to what I was doing? Gazzarri's and the Starwood are long since gone. The Whiskey is currently using its own logo design on merch, etc. All that looks familiar is the font. Have any of you ever even been to The Whiskey? Yeah, I know Mark Stone designed the original logo/font. This is probably why the band and Warner Bros. never used it. I'll be sure to see if he's willing to charge a licensing fee for his design - thanks for the tip.

...Been a fan since 1980. ...Saw the original band twice. ...Been backstage at a VH show. ...Worked for Kevin Dugan once at a show on the '98 tour. ...Met each original band member at least once. ....Saw Roth at the Forum in L.A. in '86 and at least 4 other times. ...Have corresponded with Cato, GreenEyedMurder, Jeff Hausman (before the internet) and Warf over the years. Ask Warf about the DVD I sent him after the Cafe Wha? show and how much he appreciated it. I could go on defending myself, but I'm wasting my time. No, I don't post here a lot, but what difference does that make?

...Was just trying to gauge everyone's opinion about the design to see if there would even be a market for it. I've already contacted the company that oversees merch and licensing fees for VH and the EVH brand, which was referred to me by a person who has done graphic design artwork for VH in the very recent past. ...No need to call the FBI, CIA, NSA, NTSB, the Defense Dept. and the Dept. of Homeland Security just yet, but when the sky does start falling, let me know, Chicken Littles.

Have a nice day, gentleman.
                          Last edited by mdk1967; 05-06-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by binnie
                            I'd have to say that the range of VH merch is dire. When you look at what AC/DC, Motorhead, Maiden and so on do, it is another mark in the 'how can they fuck the business side up so badly?' column.

Guys, here is my money: take it. Give me something to fucking buy.
                            Weird I agree , bearing in mind the yesterday I played on an ace acdc pinball. Anyhoo I then remembered you can get fucking stripped toilet roll holders. Van halen might be shit at merc but evh is the master. And there in is the trick in the tale.
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by mdk1967
                              Uh, gee, thank you so much for your opinions, guys.

You disappoint me - you're total missing the point.

This is a perspective and tentative t-shirt design I may submit to the "powers that be" for mass production, availability and legal sale (not by me). I wasn't trying to pass off anything as my own. I watermarked the design of the shirt, not the logos, so some opportunist wouldn't do what I'm being accused of trying to do.

Assclown? Oo, that hurts. Rampant copyright infringement? I didn't know some of you were attorneys, judges and juries. Your ignorance is embarrassing. It's a design example, fellas, and under Fair Use, at this point, it's perfectly legal (no permission needed). I'm not trying to steal anything. If I was, do you really think I'd be drawing attention to what I was doing? Gazzarri's and the Starwood are long since gone. The Whiskey is currently using its own different logo on merch, etc. All that looks familiar is the font. Have any of you ever even been to The Whiskey? Yeah, I know Mark Stone designed the original logo/font. This is probably why the band and Warner Bros. never used it. I'll be sure to see if he's willing to charge a licensing fee for his design - thanks for the tip.

...Been a fan since 1980. ...Saw the original band twice. ...Been backstage at a VH show. ...Worked for Kevin Dugan once at a show on the '98 tour. ...Met each original band member at least once. ....Saw Roth at the Forum in L.A. in '86 and at least 4 other times. ...Have corresponded with Cato, GreenEyedMurder, Jeff Hausman (before the internet) and Warf over the years. Ask Warf about the DVD I sent him after the Cafe Wha? show and how much he appreciated it. I could go on defending myself, but I'm wasting my time. No, I don't post here a lot, but what difference does that make?

...Was just trying to gauge everyone's opinion about the design to see if there would even be a market for it. I've already contacted the company that oversees merch and licensing fees for VH and the EVH brand, which was referred to me by a person who has done graphic design artwork for VH in the very recent past. ...No need to call the FBI, CIA, NSA, NTSB, the Defense Dept. and the Dept. of Homeland Security just yet, but when the sky does start falling, let me know, Chicken Littles.

Have a nice day, gentleman.
                              Dude , people on here are quick to kick off , ass clown is a compliment on here
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...