Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

too bad you didn't get the gig jay. Sounds like you had a good experience and that leads to better things.
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
      She prepped the grub while you handled the brisket? Were you ogling her while you did it or did you just close your eyes and get r done?
      The latter. At our age, we are supposed to be dignified...failing that, at least give the appearance.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
        But yes, got to play RATT songs with one of the people that wrote them (twice). YES those riffs (and solos) are fun to play.
        I think non guitarists don't know how technical some of that stuff is, RATT get lumped in with the hair bands but Warren was more Jake E Lee than Mick Mars.

Another band that owes it all to CVH...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Congratulations. I was invited to try out for a minor league baseball team while I was playing American Legion baseball in the late 70s. I didn't make the team but they were impressed with my batting skills. It was still quite an honor to tryout though.

Welp, taking BP 40 years ago, and jamming with platinum selling musicians last week is pretty much the same thing, Satchel.......

Hope the equipment manager didn't touch your socks......
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Welp, taking BP 40 years ago, and jamming with platinum selling musicians last week is pretty much the same thing, Satchel.......

Hope the equipment manager didn't touch your socks......
            Before this gets out of hand - at which point I'll be far, far away from this thread - let me ask you a couple of very simple questions.

The Dog congratulated your best friend & then shared an anecdote about his own past. Regardless of the time that passed between these two momentous events, why would you feel the need to humiliate C-Dog without any kind of provocation on his part? And on your best friends' kudos thread, of all places.

Neither of them got the gig. How is not getting one gig infinitely better than not getting another gig? It just smacks of unwarranted, unprovoked abuse for no reason other than maybe trying to feel better by putting someone else down.

Cheers!

Comment

• VetteLS5
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
              Neither of them got the gig. How is not getting one gig infinitely better than not getting another gig? It just smacks of unwarranted, unprovoked abuse for no reason other than maybe trying to feel better by putting someone else down.
              Classic thread stalk. Clear to anyone without an agenda, CD was using the best example from his own experience to congratulate JH and comment on it being an honor to have had an opportunity to tryout (something JH basically said himself).

Shame we don't have a current minor-leaguer on the site... can you imagine the outrage if this showed up in this thread?

"Welp, auditioning last month for an irrelevant hair band from 25 years ago, and trying out with major league baseball players last week is pretty much the same thing, Mr. Rhoads....... "

Jay did something cool, but because the bar empire must not be going so well somebody else had to come along and shit on the thread.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                Classic thread stalk. Clear to anyone without an agenda, CD was using the best example from his own experience to congratulate JH and comment on it being an honor to have had an opportunity to tryout (something JH basically said himself).

Shame we don't have a current minor-leaguer on the site... can you imagine the outrage if this showed up in this thread?

"Welp, auditioning last month for an irrelevant hair band from 25 years ago, and trying out with major league baseball players last week is pretty much the same thing, Mr. Rhoads....... "

Jay did something cool, but because the bar empire must not be going so well somebody else had to come along and shit on the thread.
                On his BEST FRIEND's thread.

I really don't get it. What goes on in these peoples' minds? What is this need to be constantly comparing e-penis size? In The Before Time, it was alleged that certain posters started shit all the time, so the righteous force of the Blue Knights of Internet Achievement descended upon them with the mighty wrath of a thousand suns, thus making the Kingdom of Roth the Twitchy safe for little children around the world once again. And the people believed & lo, they rejoiced when they gazed upon these mighty forces of Good & Justice.

This... does not appear to be one of those cases. But hey, what do I know? I'm just an asshole.

Cheers!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Before this gets out of hand - at which point I'll be far, far away from this thread - let me ask you a couple of very simple questions.

The Dog congratulated your best friend & then shared an anecdote about his own past. Regardless of the time that passed between these two momentous events, why would you feel the need to humiliate C-Dog without any kind of provocation on his part? And on your best friends' kudos thread, of all places.

It's all good. I put that knucklehead on ignore long ago.
                  Last edited by cadaverdog; 05-13-2015, 01:58 PM.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

It's all good. I put that knucklehead on ignore long ago.
                    That's classy of you, taking the high road like that.

Cheers, T!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Round and round what goes around comes around.....

Only a grade A band could get Milton Berle in drag in their video.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-13-2015, 03:00 PM.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Round and round what goes around comes around.....

Only a grade A band could get Milton Berle in drag in their video.
                        Or a grade B band who has his nephew as their manager...

Of course to everyone outside the US we didn't know who the fuck Milton Berle was so in the days before popup captions or the internet the video was just surreal.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Wasn't Uncle Miltie accepting just about anything at that point in his career?

I'm not saying that what he did in the video was demeaning. After all, dressing up as a woman for comedic purposes is a long standing tradition. Thor himself dressed up as Freyja once. You don't get to see that in the Marvel comics or movies, though.

But the years weren't kind for Uncle Miltie & his comedy style. The guy really fell from grace.

Sometimes I wonder... is it better to have had & lost it all, or to never have had it at all? You can't miss what you didn't have. But losing everything can fuck you up real good.

Cheers!

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Wasn't Uncle Miltie accepting just about anything at that point in his career?

I'm not saying that what he did in the video was demeaning. After all, dressing up as a woman for comedic purposes is a long standing tradition. Thor himself dressed up as Freyja once. You don't get to see that in the Marvel comics or movies, though.

But the years weren't kind for Uncle Miltie & his comedy style. The guy really fell from grace.

Sometimes I wonder... is it better to have had & lost it all, or to never have had it at all? You can't miss what you didn't have. But losing everything can fuck you up real good.

Cheers!
                            Dude keep up ,Thor's latest reincarnation is female ... shakes head and walks off in disappointment.
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              dude keep up ,thor's latest reincarnation is female ... Shakes head and walks off in disappointment.
                              Say whaaa????

THOR IS A TRANNY???????

Wow.

Getting pounded by Mjollnir just got a whole new different meaning.

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Oh my lord, it's true...

Sweet lordy jesus.

Kneel before Thor? Well, why the hell not? At this point, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Here's the rest of them:

You're welcome!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...