• Jan 2010

whatever they do it's still better than van hager

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      No wonder that line died that night...

'You know the suburbs, where they rip out the streets and name streets after them'.

Me, Poj and Wrning were there, I know I cringed when I heard that.....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VetteLS5
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Kristy
        Whatever, cretins.

You see this dude?

He's an Oak Ridge Boy who is about 147 years old. He looks swell for living to the ripe ol' age. Rumor has it that he is a real ladies man who most likely gets his dick more wet than an alley cat in a thunderstorm. You think Miranda Lambert gets on her knees for him? God damn right you do. But what don't you see here? No signs of rock star bullshit, that's what. No heroin use, no Jack Daniels swiggin', no swank-skank pussy chasin', chain smoking horseshit.

Let that be a lesson to all of you.
        Wanna know something funny? I met that guy... 3x. Not to go all "Nitro" on you all, but back in the 80's a neighbor got himself into the tour bus business (as well as illegal VHS tape duplicating, but I digress). The Oak Ridge Boys came to his house a number of times and I met them all. Nice guys.

Comment

• VetteLS5
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
          i live on alder

manchurian suburbanite

Comment

• VetteLS5
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
            Great band name
            Not as good as faggy dragon pants.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VetteLS5
              manchurian suburbanite
              ironically enough, our housing tract took out cotton fields...
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                We're a mixed bag nowadays, no doubt....

You're gonna have those that won't be content until Mike is back, with Dave singing in normal register and jumping off the drum riser, making a new album every couple of years, going on tour playing nothing but deep tracks....

And then there are those, like me, that are more lenient on what iteration of Van Halen is in place...

Sure, I would love to see Mike back, but I fully understand why Wolf is there... And no, it's NOT because Mike has been playing gigs with Bette.... It's strictly because EVH wants to play with his son, and while it's not what I would prefer, I know why he's doing it....

Dave's singing is cringe-worthy, and I firmly believe they had plenty of time to start working on a new album, yes, but is that cause for me to boycott going to see them in concert? FUCK NO.

I'm just enjoying and appreciating my favorite band of all time while they're still kicking it... I think the majority of us realize this isn't gonna last into their 70's like the Stones, so I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts....
                This is basically where i'm at- well said.
                Last edited by chuckjitsu; 05-22-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2005

I didn't buy the new album, but if the tour was coming near me, I would definitely go. I don't really care what they do anymore. It's their lives and up to them what they want to do. If they do something I'm interested in, I'm in...otherwise, life goes on. If life is good, what this band does or doesn't do shouldn't make a big difference to your life. Hint, hint: Go out and make your own life great and you won't give a rat's ass what this band is doing on a daily basis - like the half million peeps that saw them in 2012 - not the 40 regulars who live here and scrutinize every move they make.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CVH Rulz
                    I didn't buy the new album, but if the tour was coming near me, I would definitely go. I don't really care what they do anymore. It's their lives and up to them what they want to do. If they do something I'm interested in, I'm in...otherwise, life goes on. If life is good, what this band does or doesn't do shouldn't make a big difference to your life. Hint, hint: Go out and make your own life great and you won't give a rat's ass what this band is doing on a daily basis - like the half million peeps that saw them in 2012 - not the 40 regulars who live here and scrutinize every move they make.

Stings a little.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2005

Yeah, I do that sometimes.

I don't come here a lot, but it would be nice if it didn't feel like a trip into hell all the time.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

I don't come here a lot, but it would be nice if it didn't feel like a trip into hell all the time.
                        Then don't come running with the devil.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

First deuchy thing you've ever written.

No one here is keeping themselves from making their lives great. We may be crazy, but we're not Trekkies.

I don't see what the problem is. True fans judging Dave harshly, as requested. So much recently that Heater's head must be popping off in delight. Do you you really think this is the only fan site where fans are Monday morning quarterbacking every move a band or artist makes? That's a commonality to all fan sites. Is this place hell? Hell no. Just a place filled with passionate fans and a handful of trolls. I consider the RA to be a nice addition to my great life, with the exception of some of the shit I've seen in the Frontline. So take it all in stride, Rulz.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            First deuchy thing you've ever written.

No one here is keeping themselves from making their lives great. We may be crazy, but we're not Trekkies.

I don't see what the problem is. True fans judging Dave harshly, as requested. So much recently that Heater's head must be popping off in delight. Do you you really think this is the only fan site where fans are Monday morning quarterbacking every move a band or artist makes? That's a commonality to all fan sites. Is this place hell? Hell no. Just a place filled with passionate fans and a handful of trolls. I consider the RA to be a nice addition to my great life, with the exception of some of the shit I've seen in the Frontline. So take it all in stride, Rulz.
                            You miss the point, but that's OK. Carry on...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's all about location, location, location... But you have to pass through hell in order to make the trip down to the Roth Army...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

You miss the point, but that's OK. Carry on...
                                No, I got it. We're good.

Comment

Working...