Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The weather in Colorado has been shit...and sometimes, scary as fuck.

I blame all the F A T Texans who keep coming here. They bring bad karma.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      wondering why I live in the uninhabitable (for pretty much 9 months of the year) shithole of Michigan.
      I've always wondered that too.
      WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Possible, but I don't know man. I could easily get used to jumping on my bike, or in the dune buggy, year round. Almost 52 years of winters, and shit weather in general in Kansas and Michigan, could easily make 75 and sunny on a daily basis very enjoyable.
        I spent the 1st half of my life in California and the nice weather... I miss it.

The change of seasons and shoveling fucking snow is highly over-rated!!
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

I drove from San Diego to San Francisco one summer. Stunning scenery, just beautiful.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            Don't be fooled by imposters...

The Clique™ was the brainchild of none other than Dr Love. It's was masterminded at Van Halen's official chat board the Pleasure Dome along with a notorious woman who went by Sunya. If I recall Sharkey™ was also a charter member of this elite group. Another of their operatives was the infamous Fab-Shadow who was sacrificed in one of their early failed attempts to take down the Roth Army...
            I was never a member of those boards. I might not have originated the term but I started calling Lounge and his minions of bootlickers here the clique in honor of the WWE faction.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              And I think eventually you'll see that 75 and sunny each and every day gets boring, frankly.....
              75 and sunny year round is San Diego weather. You go north and inland and you get 4 seasons.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Went there yesterday. Very cool place. I could easily give up Detroit for this area! 71 degrees is the average summer temp, 51 degrees is the average winter temp. 14 inches of rain a year. I was sitting on the balcony overlooking the harbor at 6:30 this morning, wondering why I live in the uninhabitable (for pretty much 9 months of the year) shithole of Michigan.
                Oxnard was kind of a shithole years ago but it got better with age. North of Ventura Pier has some really nice uncrowded beaches. Seascape. They filmed the scene with Burt hauling ass backwards in Hooper there.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Over 300 days of sunshine a year my F A T ass

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    75 and sunny year round is San Diego weather. You go north and inland and you get 4 seasons.
                    Yeah I realize that, although to get all 4 seasons you'd have to go north, inland and way up, no?

It's colder in northern Cali but no snow until you get in the mountains, right?
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      Yeah I realize that, although to get all 4 seasons you'd have to go north, inland and way up, no?

It's colder in northern Cali but no snow until you get in the mountains, right?
                      The northern parts of L A and San Bernadino county get snow but not every winter. Those are desert areas. It only snows above a certain elevation in So Cal.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                        I drove from San Diego to San Francisco one summer. Stunning scenery, just beautiful.
                        You must have taken the coastal route. There's not much to see from Bakersfield to Stockton on the 5. Just wide open uninhabited space. Once you get to Redding you start getting some decent scenery but that's north of SF.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

You must have taken the coastal route. There's not much to see from Bakersfield to Stockton on the 5. Just wide open uninhabited space. Once you get to Redding you start getting some decent scenery but that's north of SF.
                          Yes. The Pacific Coast Highway.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            Yes. The Pacific Coast Highway.
                            North of SF on PCH is really beautiful.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

North of SF on PCH is really beautiful.
                              As long as you don't get stuck behind some old fart in an RV on one of those stretches of the road where passing isn't a possibility.

Definitely not a road you want to take as a "shortcut" but beats the living Hell out of I-5 (or even the inland stretches of 101) for visuals.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

I hate 4 seasons. Just want nice weather year around with the occasional thunder/lightning storm......

Just a fact of life that because everyone wants to live there in Cali, the cost of living skyrockets. Gp live on the French Riviera. I wonder if they have homeless people there. ;-)

I lived 18 months in LA and it rained ONCE. About a week after I moved there, we had the most fantastical lightning display....it was the first storm like that in years.

I would prefer to live in Northern Cali. Prefer woods to desert.

Have not been through Northern Cali since 1979 or so....back then a friend and I drove to SF from Doo Dah, and then went south on the PCH. He had a custom van, a relative of his loaned him her gas credit card, so we used that to eat and pay for gas. Oh and 18 grams of Nepalese black hash. Which lasted us until LA.
                                Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-07-2015, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...