• Jan 2004

DLR RIP2.jpg
    Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
      I seem to be some sort of mythical creature here.
      That's easy to explain.

First, you built the only site that truly allowed people to say whatever the fuck they want however the fuck they want.

Then you disappeared.

As sightings of you became rarer, your legend grew & that's when you attained mythical status.

Others have pointed out it became almost religious & when I read your post, that was the first thing that crossed my mind, as well. Especially when your Word was thrown to the masses at every possible chance.

It's a funny thing, religion... people need something to believe in, so when they find it, they instantly corrupt it to suit their own petty needs. Every single religious people believes that they know the exact way god thinks. And every single one of them thinks differently.

That is what happened with your rules.

Before we... challenged the status quo, so to speak, if you had dropped by & told everyone to drink the kool aid, most of them would, without hesitation. Hell, some of them might still do it.

I don't know if I ever quoted you, I can't be sure of every single post I made here. We haven't spoken a lot, but the few times I remember, I always talked to you like a normal person. Which you are.

But to many, you're the Son of Roth. Congratulations, Sarge. You're our own Jesus.

Oh, and VA is not a bad ass. He's just a big cuddly teddy bear. That doesn't have to be an insult, though.

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
        What a bunch of miserable assholes...
        Post one of your shows, Les! Funk the shit out of these pathetic people!

I'm your #1 fan, motherfucker.

LES ARMY FTW!

Cheers!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
          hoping to clear things up so we all can never discuss this crap again.
          You know that is never going to happen
          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Phil theStalker
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

hitch, anal, anxiety, played out

STUNNED BMA AUDIENCE VH 2015.JPG

OLdE ROTHyArMY soldja's NEV/AH die! Thhey jus LO/SE theire just/i/fication!.!
            Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13012[/ATTACH]

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                You know that is never going to happen
                Hope springs eternal! Faith is a powerless thing.

Cheers!

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I thought she was a stripper from Albuquerque...
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    I thought she was a stripper from Albuquerque...
                    They. And yes, yes they are.

Hope is a gusher. A squirter. Faith is very small & weak, poor thing.

Cheers!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                      Oh, and VA is not a bad ass. He's just a big cuddly teddy bear. That doesn't have to be an insult, though.

Cheers!

LOL, I can deal with that. I'd like to think I can get along with anyone, to a certain extent.
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Say something constructive then, what would you change apart from making it more dial up connection friendly?
                        I realize you were asking someone else... but this isn't an orderly meeting...

I think your forum structure and content distribution is fine and doesn't require any changes.

Your rules are sufficient enough to protect you and the members legally, but not repressive as such to discourage personal expression.

Your mods, super-mods, webmasters are fine as long as they keep up sufficient technical skills in managing vBulletin administrative functions. I believe the past mindset of modding personalities to drive board activity worked at a time that's past... and proven to be more troublesome than helpful. Today, I'd be more focused on technical web skills and sound administration practices... let the membership dictate the personality of the site rather than the administrators.

Oh yeah... what to change. Just some basic remodeling and updating which has grown popular among homeowners these days. Lose the old, dated wall paper, linoleum floors and brighten up the colors to make the rooms more open and bright. Let some light in...

The Black scheme worked for the darker times... but today it's like sorting through your albums and running across Metallica's Black album. Cool at the time... but now it's that old boring black thing. I'd change the color format and go with something less dark and dreary.

I'd simplify your headers and shrink them down... lose the T-Shirt advertisement it's NSFW anyhow. Move the chat box to the bottom to make the forum discussion more prominent.

Long term... simplify your main domain landing page with just the band news and an active topics splash. Most folks don't spend any time there... today it's too cluttered and clearly not mobile device friendly.

That's all for now... LOL
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VetteLS5
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          That's it! This site is dead and disaster-ridden!! I'm taking my 43,303 posts and going home!!
                          Braggart

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                            Give everybody the power to ban!
                            That is actually a BRILLIANT idea!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Overall, Kristy Hatebot got what it wanted. Create a post to stir up shit and get people discussing crap that does not matter. Sit back and watch the turmoil.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Sarge
                                I am probably as responsible as anyone for the destruction of this website.
                                I take full responsibility for that.
                                From 1999-2004 this website was hugely popular.
                                I remember logging in here everyday and there being thousands of new posts.
                                I had several big events in my life (marriage, 2 deployments, surgery, living in Europe) , and basically the website stagnated for years. We had horrible hosting issues and webmasters that deleted 1/3 of the posts here. The website wasn't updated, broken links.
                                It was nuts.
                                Also, Roth is no longer the underdog. He is back with Van Halen. That was much of the allure of this website.
                                I viewed this place as a pirate ship filled full of badasses. Pojo - Brounsound - Conmee- Va Beach.
                                We were the team for years here.
                                Facebook... etc are partially to blame..
                                I should have gave the website to Sesh earlier.
                                Anyways, for those who were never around, when I was around : Hello!
                                I seem to be some sort of mythical creature here.
                                This used to be my hobby. It was something I believed in. I thought (still do), that DLR was severely wronged by the VH brothers in the years that passed since his departure of the band.
                                Luckily, we have a chance to see them this summer again.

Send me an email if anyone comes to the DC area and wants to see them in concert.

Breasts,
                                The site was not lacking in captainship while you were employed/deployed the leadership you and the original 10 or so members placed into stone resonated thru this site.

When some of the oldsters come back to post it warms my heart yet I generally treat them as if the were here all the time and realizing at the same time I am harsh in my style of communication.

So they go "fuck this"...etc....

It is like any hobby if you don't stay fluid in the craft...you need new tools the style of this site can be a tricky pony to ride and I it isn't like riding a bike.

As you wrote the criteria for this site was met in 2007....I blame David Lee Roth for generating things to talk about since then.... he is a wise and personable sort who makes VH or anything he presents to the public more interesting than your average group of rock and roll musicians who changed the direction of R&R for the better and there are many groups who have....DLR however makes VH and himself much more interesting.

Facebook and those style of sites will fade away .

The web style forums like this I believe will always be.

I owe you and many members here many beers....we will perhaps never have the opportunity but there is a list in my pocket of beers bought and paid for, yet not consumed .

2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...