Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The ship sailed and reached more exotic ports while it's captain was on shore-leave... That says a lot about the crew.

But there's one problem with the question... you can't perform an autopsy while the heart still beats and there's, while significantly diminished, brain activity...

Appears this one ain't ready for the morgue yet...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

The Army has always had peaks and valleys with posters....

Naturally, things have trended upward when VH has released new material and/or a new tour....

And of course, the DDE input with the videos, pics and show passes got all-time high pageviews here.....

But overall, for many people anyway, life just takes over..... Many of the oldtimers here are long gone....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This place mirrors the world in general... conflicts flare up. Refugees flee. Some never left. Some return, some don't. Soldiers die, some don't. Monuments are erected... some stand and are cherished by a generation while others fall into disrepair or are defaced by malcontents.

For better or worse... the world evolves all around us. Life goes on... Live it... the alternative sucks.
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          The people that broke absolutely none of Sarge's rules but were effectively forced out and have since for the most part stayed away, THEY killed the Army?

Yeah, you're right, that makes perfect sense.....
          Team Butthurt? I agree. That's a shame. I wonder where those guys are now.
          If you're talking about the clique you should have taken the reigns yourself when they were offered to you if you felt that way. Personally I don't think the Army's dead at all. I found this site back in 2007 trying to find out more info about Roth rejoining VH. I'm sure that added a few posts. Everyone was hoping for a new album but they got ADKOT instead. They wanted a decent live album fom CVH and got Live In Tokyo instead. If anything's killing the Army it's Roth and/or Van Halen.
          BTW. Who from either group other than Flappo was forced out and has stayed away since?
          Last edited by cadaverdog; 06-02-2015, 11:36 AM.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Phil theStalker
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Vote today! Death awaits more than boredom.
            WHO KILLED ROTH ARMY.JPG
            5 SOS IMITATES DLR NOSE.JPG

DAVUD LEA rrrrRRROTH did/it.
            Add to Ignore list

Comment

• VetteLS5
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by cadaverdog
              BTW. Who from either group other than Flappo was forced out and has stayed away since?
              Don't say it's name 3x, please.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I have legitimate reasons for not taking over, leave it at that.

JHale and Lounge have stayed away for the vast majority of time, they only post every now and then. I would also include Kwame in that category as well.

And yes, those two were effectively forced out IMO.
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

I have legitimate reasons for not taking over, leave it at that.

JHale and Lounge have stayed away for the vast majority of time, they only post every now and then. I would also include Kwame in that category as well.

kwame is just too old to type...
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Which two? When new management took over they were the one's who made the decision to demod all those guys. I don't believe any of them were banned. Just about everybody on the other side was banned. Hale kind of got the shitty end of the stick for being loyal to his buddy but otherwise no one was totally innocent.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

oy vey...
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

i thought this was all zah's fault for pissin' off the guy from illinois

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

Which two? When new management took over they were the one's who made the decision to demod all those guys. I don't believe any of them were banned. Just about everybody on the other side was banned. Hale kind of got the shitty end of the stick for being loyal to his buddy but otherwise no one was totally innocent.
                          Here we go with bad lawyer cdog again, his life's dream is to be on Judge Judy.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                            i thought this was all zah's fault for pissin' off the guy from illinois
                            Abe Lincoln? Zah likes picking on those younger than himself.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Sounds familiar.

That's what did it.
                              The site that really is dead? With commercials like that it is easy to see why it bombed.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                Without pointing anyone out specifically, I'd say there are two types of posters that certainly don't help things around here.

People playing roles as opposed to themselves.
                                (Who knows if they even believe in what they're saying?)

People saying shit they'd never in a million years say to someone's face.
                                (Thanks a lot, inventor of the Internet muscle.)

Simple as that. A rational discussion or debate shouldn't be a headache to pull off. This place isn't dead. I consider everyone outside of the two types to be the life support. If only they were the ones posting here more often.
                                Bridge nails it.

Comment

Working...