X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So what was remoulded in my image then?

You and Kristy are criticizing me for not being tougher on the 'badasses'.

Ban the trolls more censorship and the place will be revived?

This is bullshit.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It became weirdly religious at one point as people quoted interpretations of your scripture with some of us who had been around a long time when you were posting scratching our heads at it. Things had to move with the changing internet world but you being held up as some sort of rule based champion of political correctness and probity was bizarre.
      I can't speak for everybody but when Pojo made me a mod he told me what the 3 rules were and they were presented to me as "Sarge's rules". I didn't know 3 rules could be interpreted in so many ways.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

This is bullshit.
        I said no such thing.

So you are saying my statement is wrong....you own this site but have nothing to do with how it is run? You let everyone else be the decider?

Ok...whatever you say. A minute ago you were saying you allowed people who had previously been banned to come back.

Which is it?

Do you run this site?

Or not?

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
          I can't speak for everybody but when Pojo made me a mod he told me what the 3 rules were and they were presented to me as "Sarge's rules". I didn't know 3 rules could be interpreted in so many ways.

Well for a start if the three rules were no dick pics, no n word and no personal information it's the third one where the interpretation came from.

Back in the day the pics of you and Lounge for example would not have counted as personal information and that's what the majority of bannings ended up revolving around. I changed and clarified that because social media these days needs that but posting pictures of people along with insults would not have got you banned in 2005. No way and I should know.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

So now you are again saying you are running this site?

Make up your mind.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69

So you are saying my statement is wrong....you own this site but have nothing to do with how it is run? You let everyone else be the decider?
              I'm just saying I have changed very little.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2009

Well for a start if the three rules were no dick pics, no n word and no personal information it's the third one where the interpretation came from.

Back in the day the pics of you and Lounge for example would not have counted as personal information and that's what the majority of bannings ended up revolving around. I changed and clarified that because social media these days needs that but posting pictures of people along with insults would not have got you banned in 2005. No way and I should know.
                Even if you throw out the no personal information rule their were multiple people abusing the first two rules with only one of them finally being banned. Also, I'm not wanting a a long explanation on the rules, in my entire time as a mod I erased one cock pic, merged a thread, reported some spam. Big time tyrant huh?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                  Even if you throw out the no personal information rule their were multiple people abusing the first two rules with only one of them finally being banned. Also, I'm not wanting a a long explanation on the rules, in my entire time as a mod I erased one cock pic, merged a thread, reported some spam. Big time tyrant huh?
                  Tell that to Kristy.

First time around when I was a mod you couldn't even do merges.

The mods had very little to do and this is why I reduced the mods and chose non fighter types. It seemed to me that if you want to have good arguments on the site being a mod wasn't helpful to either side. The alternate/traditional view that people who are moderators have more invested in the site so post more and more posts generate more posts. You tell someone to look after the music forum and they are inspired to make lots of threads about other bands and so the site thrives.

That definitely used to work and maybe I should have stuck with it. I do notice though that it didn't work at all when people tried it at Rothfans or wherever.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Tell that to Kristy.

First time around when I was a mod you couldn't even do merges.

The mods had very little to do and this is why I reduced the mods and chose non fighter types. It seemed to me that if you want to have good arguments on the site being a mod wasn't helpful to either side. The alternate/traditional view that people who are moderators have more invested in the site so post more and more posts generate more posts. You tell someone to look after the music forum and they are inspired to make lots of threads about other bands and so the site thrives.

That definitely used to work and maybe I should have stuck with it. I do notice though that it didn't work at all when people tried it at Rothfans or wherever.
                    When the mods outnumber the members you have a problem

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      So now you are again saying you are running this site?

Make up your mind.
                      Say something constructive then, what would you change apart from making it more dial up connection friendly?

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

This is bullshit.
                        Of course it is. Nobody knows about the behind the scenes, 18 hour days the staff had to deal with leading up to the NY gig, nor the editing needed to wipe out the posts of the album itself, which amongst themselves could have fucked us royally, and legally. Dealing with the incoming info, from various sources both legitimate, sponsored and not.

Lotta thanks we got for that effort, yet somehow, we destroyed the mother fucking site, right?

Terrific, and much obliged. Without attempting sounding completely ass hurt...

No, we ain't masterminds, somehow intuitive all to the whims, arguments, desires, attitudes and basically strange voices of the folks that post here.

Frankly, even if I had those super-powers, I wouldn't want them (I'd like to fly, gain invisibility, have X=RAY Vision, and of course, nail Wonder Woman).

The fact is, we are merely a bunch of boneheads with day jobs that (when we get time) look around at what is going on.

It is humorous when people complain about arbitrary issues.

Patron: I cannot find your museum, why is that?
                        Me: Uhh...perhaps because you failed to notice the seven signs with arrows pointing to it? And all of the balloons?

Some folks just need to bitch about stuff that really doesn't matter, mainly because they ain't got much that matters going on in their own, real lives. OK, I'm a so-called Super Mod. What does that mean? I merely go around and try to find the bugs that would fuck up your computers. Impressive, eh? I get to make sarcastic comments now and then. Big deal, yet how does that make me superfluous?

I do what I do, just as the rest of the outfit, without compensation. I am not asking to be applauded for the task. And yeah, I've made some head-slapping mistakes in retrospect as a mod, but also in life beyond cyberspace.

Yet tell me, to a man or woman, who amongst you has not?

Thanks, Sesh. For the opportunity, along with it's responsibility and yer trust in me. Yeah, I'm a peckerhead. For some reason, my boss in real life figured that out as well, yet chose to put me on the staff there as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

Say something constructive then, what would you change apart from making it more dial up connection friendly?
                          Give everybody the power to ban!

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What a bunch of miserable assholes...
                            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

All this is true but I know some people just left and I come here far less often as certain posters protested Sesh taking ownership (or whatever the hell that was) and testing his new rules to a point of absurdity on some real asinine vendetta. The usual pile of crap...the "true" VH fan, etc. and all that. Really stupid stuff. The lowest point of the site.

Lost a lot of respect for many of you involved. You know who you are.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

DLR RIP.JPG
                                Add to Ignore list

Comment

Working...