• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

well, yeah.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

I didn't understand the whole comedy win , first I heard of it was when judd appatow complained about it. there are moments of humour in it but it's like the force awakens winning the best foreign language film for the bar scene.
      Last edited by vandeleur; 01-25-2016, 02:31 AM.
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't follow the Globes at all and the only thing I can figure is they limit the amount of nominees and Best Picture was already full?

I think I laughed more reading the book than watching the movie.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          I wish I had me one of those habitats in my back yard so I could get drunk and play Martian.

04:30 on.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            I think I laughed more reading the book than watching the movie.
            So did I. A damn lot more. The movie is very good, but you don't get one tenth of the humor, depth and finesse from the novel. Not mentioning all the unfortunately necessary shortcuts in the plot...

I was less disappointed than I expected by that movie, though.

Best comedy of the year?? Maybe the BOOK was the most entertaining. Did the jury have Weir's novel in mind?
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
              So did I. A damn lot more. The movie is very good, but you don't get one tenth of the humor, depth and finesse from the novel. Not mentioning all the unfortunately necessary shortcuts in the plot...
              And about 80% less of the science, which is good because it could have slowed the movie way down.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                And about 80% less of the science, which is good because it could have slowed the movie way down.
                That's right too. Maybe not the whole technical and scientifical explanations, but at least a few more of them.

Going fast is peculiar to that kind of movies though. What a bore, BTW, being bombed with avalanches of changing shots...

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I thought the movie was a lot better than expected , the book is pretty much unfilmable. It's mainly one bloke cracking gags and lots of tech stuff . The audience for that is probably us 3
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

Yup. Not exactly profitable...

My wife would rather read the book first, though she knows she'll be disappointed with the movie.
                    Anyway, I'd rather read the book after seeing the movie than the contrary, in general.
                    Best examples for me were "A Clockwork Orange" and "The Shining".
                    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-25-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...